Friday Scrimmage: TJ Finley QB1

W.E.D

Rumors TJ got the most snaps and did the best. 

Calzada running 3rd after Robby.

LFG!!!!!  I look forward to all the excuse making just like we did last year for Bo. Consistency!!!

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I am excited . It makes sense. He has the experience, he knows the playbook. It is more mental than anything for him. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am excited . It makes sense. He has the experience, he knows the playbook. It is more mental than anything for him. 

Went back and watched his passes from the spring game and posted in the other thread.  Was actually solid. Should have ad 69% comp and 3 TDs and a 10yd A/A. Numbers we haven't seen in a long time

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

The quickness with which this fanbase will turn on TJ will be something to marvel at, I’m sure. Honestly sounds like he’s been much improved. Good for TJ. 

Yeah, I'm concerned TJ will have to deal with the type of fanbase Bo imagined he dealt with. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 2

TJ must be really good as many on here said that Cal was so much better than Bo and our coaching staff didn’t want any other quarterback out of the portal except for Cal. Now he is third string because we got him from the portal because we needed a third string quarterback.

So I think I got it… it’s not that Cal isn’t an exceptionally good quarterback, it’s just that TJ is now three times as good as he was last year because he now understands the playbook.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

TJ must be really good

Correct.

Thank you

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Correct.

Thank you

Oh, no problem at all. It is obvious this coaching staff is all over it, to include the quarterback position.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I’m not terribly surprised. We all saw Zach Calzada play last year. He would have been QB 3 at Aggie too. That’s why he transferred out. I watched some of his summer training stuff a he looked pretty good, but I guess the pads and big hogs running at you will bring out the other side, really quickly.

4 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

The full quote sounds even better for TJ. 

If true, GREAT for TJ! I'm with him 110%. I still believe that the first 2 games will serve as an extended evaluation period for the QBs. Think all 3 will play against Mercer, unless ZC is just too injured to risk it.

• Like 3

Just now, metafour said:

From what I've heard, none of the three have been great, but TJ has been the "best/most consistent". Ashford has the most upside. No one expected Calzada to look this off/behind.

I guess that's what happens when you lose your starting QB and replace him with A&M's third-string guy. Harsin should have aimed much higher, and I said this about a thousand times by now.

Didn’t we though? Aim higher? My memory isn’t perfect, but seems like we swung and missed on a couple guys. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, metafour said:

From what I've heard, none of the three have been great, but TJ has been the "best/most consistent". Ashford has the most upside. No one expected Calzada to look this off/behind.

I guess that's what happens when you lose your starting QB and replace him with A&M's third-string guy. Harsin should have aimed much higher, and I said this about a thousand times by now.

You should aim higher and say it at least another thousand times.  

• Haha 6

9 minutes ago, JOSEPHIAMLEGEND75@GMAIL.CO said:

If true, GREAT for TJ! I'm with him 110%. I still believe that the first 2 games will serve as an extended evaluation period for the QBs. Think all 3 will play against Mercer, unless ZC is just too injured to risk it.

I would think this will be the case, depending on the gap between Ashford and Calzada.

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

Non throwing though, right?

Rumor is a freak non-football injury to his throwing shoulder...  I have heard it from multiple places, only reason I repeat it.

Edited by Didba
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Didba said:

Rumor is a freak non-football injury to his football shoulder...

That’s a serious bummer for him if that’s the case, and might explain a lot. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Didn’t we though? Aim higher? My memory isn’t perfect, but seems like we swung and missed on a couple guys. 

Yeah, I remember the same. At least, that's what I think I remember being said. 

At this point? Who the hell really knows. 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

TJ must be really good as many on here said that Cal was so much better than Bo and our coaching staff didn’t want any other quarterback out of the portal except for Cal. Now he is third string because we got him from the portal because we needed a third string quarterback.

So I think I got it… it’s not that Cal isn’t an exceptionally good quarterback, it’s just that TJ is now three times as good as he was last year because he now understands the playbook.

The rest of us hope so!

• Haha 1