2023 4 star Daquayvious Sorey commits to Auburn!!

Sizzle

• Sizzle changed the title to 2023 4 star Daquayvious Sorey

Auburn football received good news on the recruiting front Saturday afternoon.

Not only did a major target announce his commitment date, but a major recruiting site is now predicting that Auburn is the frontrunner to earn his pledge.

Daquayvious Sorey, a four-star wide receiver from Chipley, Florida, says that he intends to announce his commitment this upcoming Friday, Aug. 26. In addition to Auburn, Sorey is also considering Alabama, Florida, and Miami.

Shortly after Sorey shared his news, On3 revealed that Auburn is the front runner to earn Sorey’s pledge. Currently, Auburn has a 96.2% chance to grab Sorey’s commitment, which leads in-state schools Florida and Florida State by an overwhelming margin.

Sorey was briefly committed to Georgia from Feb. 19 to Feb. 26. After taking a few months to reconsider his options, Sorey announced a new top-four on June 16, dropping the Bulldogs completely out of consideration.

According to On3, Sorey is rated as a four-star wide receiver. He is the nation’s No. 35 ranked receiver and is the No. 53 overall prospect from Florida. If Auburn were to in fact land Sorey’s commitment, it would pair well with fellow four-star commitment, karmello English.

https://auburnwire.usatoday.com/2022/08/20/auburn-football-recruiting-daquayvious-sorey-commitment-date-prediction-machine/?fbclid=IwAR2H06dP4odss8-CPeQbUcXFaRt_7MQWc_iJzGg5GN6hJmmzY-DZ54P190Q

• Like 1

Our WR room in a year or two could be really good. You'd have a core of Fair, Kelly, Brown, English, and Sorey. Depends on development of course, which is volatile. Hopefully for the time being the current group takes strides.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

21 hours ago, au302 said:

Our WR room in a year or two could be really good. You'd have a core of Fair, Kelly, Brown, English, and Sorey. Depends on development of course, which is volatile. Hopefully for the time being the current group takes strides.

Yep and my man crush Koy Moore!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Has been a really weird and quiet recruitment. Somehow seems like we lead despite not hearing about him for months.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Has been a really weird and quiet recruitment. Somehow seems like we lead despite not hearing about him for months.

Yeah this popped up outta nowhere for me. I was just scrolling Twitter and I randomly started seeing predictions for this guy to commit to Auburn and I was like where the hell did this come from?

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

There is something outside of the ordinary going on with this recruit. That isn't necessarily bad, but some unusual circumstance exists. If, as claimed, UAT, UF, Miami, UGA have all backed away then what's going on?

16 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Now we have some Auburn fans trying to make this look like a bad commitment

There's a common denominator...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

There is something outside of the ordinary going on with this recruit. That isn't necessarily bad, but some unusual circumstance exists. If, as claimed, UAT, UF, Miami, UGA have all backed away then what's going on?

Maybe they didn't want to go up against the AU recruiting machine, led by Coach Bryan Harsin

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

A solid 4* wide receiver at a position of need looks like he is going to commit to Auburn.  He was good enough that he committed to UGA then de-committed and because bama and FL want him as a Safety and he wants to be a WR his offers there are not committable. Now we have some Auburn fans trying to make this look like a bad commitment. Some Auburn fans walking down the street and finding a $20 bill would be upset because it wasn't a $50 bill.

I mean, the entire circus of events makes it pretty obvious that he didn't just "decommit" by himself from Georgia. You left that part out.

This is a decent get given where we are with recruiting, but there's a reason why his other "offers" have evaporated. He's a bit slow at WR.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, metafour said:

I mean, the entire circus of events makes it pretty obvious that he didn't just "decommit" by himself from Georgia. You left that part out.

This is a decent get given where we are with recruiting, but there's a reason why his other "offers" have evaporated. He's a bit slow at WR.

I think the same was said of Camden Brown a few months ago. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Some Auburn fans walking down the street and finding a $20 bill would be upset because it wasn't a $50 bill.

I would prefer a $100 bill.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I think the same was said of Camden Brown a few months ago. 

If the comparison is speed, not really sure it's the same.  Brown was a 10s 100m guy and Sorey is in the mid 11s.  Brown is definitely faster and I think his film just looks a lot better.  Brown was a bit of a miss from the recruiting sites.

I know these videos are highlights but he looks faster than the guys he's playing against so there's that. If he can find an opening and catch the ball I don't care about his speed. The yardage will come. 

• Like 3

Ike is a damn good coach. He helped turn a lot of decent WR's at the Steelers into proven players. I would think he can translate that back to college. 

• Like 2