2023 4 star Daquayvious Sorey commits to Auburn!!

Sizzle

1 hour ago, TeamZero77 said:

That's exactly why I rarely come here anymore. Mikey and his cult of Gus lovers go WAY out of there way to find the negative in everything Harsin and Auburn football does post Gus Malzahn era. I joked on here before that Mikey and his cult could be given a $100 bill by a complete stranger and they would complain because a corner was wrinkled. The farther along we go, that joke is shaping into reality.

1 hour ago, Didba said:

but if you call them out you get a personal insult ala "I hope your ability to comprehend other situations in life is better than what you demonstrate on this message board."

54 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Sorry if this is a spoiler for anybody, but the NYT Wordle of the day today was "irony".

Lets stay on topic and not derail the thread. There’s already 1 commit thread that got locked from derailment, don’t let it happen to this one too

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Didba said:

but if you call them out you get a personal insult ala "I hope your ability to comprehend other situations in life is better than what you demonstrate on this message board."

When you make an inaccurate, unfounded statement you should expect to be called out. That's what you did and that's exactly why you were called out.

• Like 3

For all of those who thought his commitment was weird or suddenly happened: 

Well, he announced his commitment to Auburn on Friday. Sorey actually has been committed to the Tigers for nearly two months. Jeffry Lee

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

FANTASTIC PICK UP

Must be to get you out of your decent pickup responses. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

Also we're ahead of Mizzou in recruiting so that's nice.

brady.gif.35d13da099da0b2219b702aa72934daa.gif

Auburn getting some good quality guys. Now if the qb has more than 1/2  a second to throw the ball we gonna be in business! 

Another good pick up

Some people have voiced their feelings about his “lack of speed “ on here before he committed, but his high school coach said we shouldn’t be deceived by that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, toddc said:

Some people have voiced their feelings about his “lack of speed “ on here before he committed, but his high school coach said we shouldn’t be deceived by that.

I’m shocked that his high school Coach would know more about his speed than some of our posters. 😅

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 5

I guess that his coach was right!

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

When you make an inaccurate, unfounded statement you should expect to be called out. That's what you did and that's exactly why you were called out.

I don't know why you even try to talk to @Didba as, per your wise observations and assessments, clearly that guy can't understand characters on a computer screen well enough to put together coherent. thoughts.

• Like 2

6c9d63cf-cb04-4eab-a5b3-17cb02b744cf-jpe

Stolen from On3. Screen shot from Cole Pinkston's video from tonight (publicly available). The rumors about this guys athleticism seem way overblown

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, au302 said:

6c9d63cf-cb04-4eab-a5b3-17cb02b744cf-jpe

Stolen from On3. Screen shot from Cole Pinkston's video from tonight (publicly available). The rumors about this guys athleticism seem way overblown

Video above 

• Like 1

Seems Auburn could do better than the 22nd ranked wr in the country. What a disappointing recruitment. Waste of resources. All that talk of Hilliard and this guy is what we have to show for it. If bamr and uga didn't want him at wr, why the hell should Auburn take him?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

the-dude-yeah-well-you-know-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man.gif.eb1c460b38a0d9c1b6924dcd97331a68.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, toddc said:

I guess that his coach was right!

He has good speed but I have to make note that Rutherford is an absolutely ABYSMAL program lol. 6-12 school with a terrible rep and usually only 24-30 kids on the team.

No knock on Sorey but I had to trash a local team since it's rare we see an Auburn commit around here lol. 

18 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

That's exactly why I rarely come here anymore. Mikey and his cult of Gus lovers go WAY out of there way to find the negative in everything Harsin and Auburn football does post Gus Malzahn era. I joked on here before that Mikey and his cult could be given a $100 bill by a complete stranger and they would complain because a corner was wrinkled. The farther along we go, that joke is shaping into reality.

You know on some level I get it.  We all want to be optimistic about this year and how things are going.  Hope springs eternal and Auburn often shocks the world when no one expects it.  But at the same time, a realistic look at our situation isn't wrong.  Our recruiting is suffering from that cluster**** in February.  We have a coach that's learning on the job about what big boy football recruiting looks like.  As a result, it's not stellar right now.  Are people not supposed to point out the bleeding obvious?  Is this only supposed to be an "only positive things about Auburn" board?

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

12 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

I don't know why you even try to talk to @Didba as, per your wise observations and assessments, clearly that guy can't understand characters on a computer screen well enough to put together coherent. thoughts.

You do have a point.

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

You know on some level I get it.  We all want to be optimistic about this year and how things are going.  Hope springs eternal and Auburn often shocks the world when no one expects it.  But at the same time, a realistic look at our situation isn't wrong.  Our recruiting is suffering from that cluster**** in February.  We have a coach that's learning on the job about what big boy football recruiting looks like.  As a result, it's not stellar right now.  Are people not supposed to point out the bleeding obvious?  Is this only supposed to be an "only positive things about Auburn" board?

No, it’s not, but there is nothing wrong with being positive when something good happens and some on here are unwilling to even do that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, provibe said:

No, it’s not, but there is nothing wrong with being positive when something good happens and some on here are unwilling to even do that.

It is sad that you have to explain that. There is nothing wrong with expressing displeasure, but what does CBH "learning on the job" have to do with celebrating a young man, who is a four star WR, committing to our school? Can people really not distinguish the difference? Learn how to read the room. 

13 hours ago, Zeek said:

He has good speed but I have to make note that Rutherford is an absolutely ABYSMAL program lol. 6-12 school with a terrible rep and usually only 24-30 kids on the team.

No knock on Sorey but I had to trash a local team since it's rare we see an Auburn commit around here lol. 

Yeah but Sorey and his team handled business against the weaker opponent. I don’t think Sorey played past the 2nd quarter