SOFTBALL 2022 FALL BALL Schedule

The very successful coach at Wallace State, A.J. Daugherty, is the new HC at UAB.  In 6 seasons at Wallace State he had a 0.8i8 win percentage.  He was hired July 1, 2022.  Suspect this is a very good hire for their program.

Edited by slot canyon
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, blakem said:

Any idea as to what renovations are going on?

Phillip Marshall article explains and updates other areas of the program:

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/Auburn-Softball-Notebook-Upgrades-at-Jane-B-Moore-Field-outlook-injury-report-192043877/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Looks like Phillip totally forgot about Annabelle Widra.  Does that mean we don't plan to use her as a pitcher?  Not sure I like the sound of removing the padding in left field.

55 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Looks like Phillip totally forgot about Annabelle Widra.  Does that mean we don't plan to use her as a pitcher?  Not sure I like the sound of removing the padding in left field.

Just glancing at Michigan stats from last year, Widra was probably their #4 pitcher.  Did not do a deep dive on this.  Will be interesting to see if she has a place in the circle.  The more the better. Also, the long-time Michigan coach, Carol Hutchins announced her retirement yesterday. 

Thanks for news about Hutchins.  Wonder if the players knew earlier - I think three of her pitchers transferred, including the ace.  Agree it will be interesting to see if Widra pitches in the fall.  Would be a help if she could take some innings vs. Mercer, Delaware State, etc.

• Like 2

Nice to see an article on softball so early in the school year, but Phillip seems to have confused a few details. Widra was on the Birmingham Thunderbolts team who won 18U PGF with Peralta and Lisenby, not McCrary. Her and Peralta were the Thunderbolts representatives for the PGF All Star Game, as well. She was 1-1 with a bunt single in the game.

I’ll be interested to see how Dean utilizes the transfers in 2023. McCrary is a 3B, but Widra and Tresvik can pitch, hit, and play in the field. We also have four talented freshman who will compete for playing time. 

Basically, I’m ready to see how things shake out in Fall Ball

• Like 2

On 8/24/2022 at 4:33 PM, blakem said:

Any idea as to what renovations are going on?

There is a 4 sec video on Mickey Dean's Twitter page showing some of the "construction".  Also on Phillip Marshall's Twitter

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

According to the Alabama State fall schedule I saw on their FB page, the format today is a single 10 inning game.

I see it is now "advertised" that way on AU softball Twitter page.

Edited by slot canyon
  • Like 1

AU Softball Twitter page indicates some sort of "live stream" for game 2 today.

Let's play ✌️ 🥎 Pearl River / Gulf Coast State 📍 Panama City, Fla. ⏰ 10 a.m. CT / 12:30 p.m. CT Game two our our doubleheader will be stream! 💻 auburntige.rs/3ge2USI #WarEagle