Allen Greene Out as AD

JerryAU

7 minutes ago, AUwent said:

They're both know the region like the backs of their hands. Believed by important HS coaches, players, and college coaches (meaning, I'm confident they could assemble killer staffs--certain in Dell's case, actually). Both would get along well with the power brokers. It all adds up to that I believe the NIL $ would get into gear and our recruiting would get back on track. Again, look at the landscape and you'll see that their qualifications are no longer dealbreakers even in the SEC--two coaches of similar profiles currently coach in the league, one (coming off his second year) has performed miracles in turning his program around and the other (just coming off his first year) has his program on a very positive trajectory that I think we would've killed to have this offseason. If you want to use a different metaphor, look at what Butch Thompson has done for our baseball program.

It would be better if we have a completely out of nowhere season this year that results in our recruiting being turned around and Harsin staying long term, of course.

Not enough HC experience and managing a program like Auburn. Maybe in time but not now.

14 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Not enough HC experience and managing a program like Auburn. Maybe in time but not now.

I understand your concern but again, we have seen that that's not necessarily an automatic disqualifies in the SEC anymore. 

34 minutes ago, Didba said:

General or McKenna seem like great hires at first glance.

Why would you consider them great?

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Why would you consider them great?

Both are qualified. Their resumes and experience. Background different from past ADs.

• Like 2

Here it is a week before kick off and the board is littered with BS articles about an AD that we all knew was gone anyways. Can a mod clean it up and combine the 5 or so threads and let’s get back to football 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BizTiger said:

The guy still had to maintain his own program. Look how Florida fell off after Meyer left... 

Respectfully, that dog simply does not hunt. 

The program at Boise is decisively worse after him that it was during the previous 2 HCs. 

Now at Auburn, Harsin failed miserable in damn near every possible aspect of his job. Even before the crap earlier this year, he was failing.

Harsin's failures have not been entirely his own, but he is still responsible for most. 

Adding a turn of phrase won't let your s*** take off the hook. It takes a special individual to look at the facts surrounding their careers and equate them. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Dislike 2

Too bad the articles haven't mentioned Auburn's multiple false starts and disorganization on the NIL front. Maybe we have it figured out now, but those have been more of an unforgivable sin than the earlier bus trips.

2 hours ago, Auburn93 said:

Most of this power grab conversation goes away once we hire a great football coach, and he starts winning.  Once we get that guy, we have to worry about being placed on probation.  

We won’t hire a great coach if the people with money have as much access as they have had  do have now. Somebody needs to get the whole together and basically say, “this is who we are hiring and he will have control of his program, come hell or high water”. That’s when Auburn will hire a great football coach. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

Too bad the articles haven't mentioned Auburn's multiple false starts and disorganization on the NIL front. Maybe we have it figured out now, but those have been more of an unforgivable sin than the earlier bus trips.

But according to everyone it is Burgess running the AD dept. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

They're both know the region like the backs of their hands. Believed by important HS coaches, players, and college coaches (meaning, I'm confident they could assemble killer staffs--certain in Dell's case, actually). Both would get along well with the power brokers. It all adds up to that I believe the NIL $ would get into gear and our recruiting would get back on track. Again, look at the landscape and you'll see that their qualifications are no longer dealbreakers even in the SEC--two coaches of similar profiles currently coach in the league, one (coming off his second year) has performed miracles in turning his program around and the other (just coming off his first year) has his program on a very positive trajectory that I think we would've killed to have this offseason. If you want to use a different metaphor, look at what Butch Thompson has done for our baseball program.

It would be better if we have a completely out of nowhere season this year that results in our recruiting being turned around and Harsin staying long term, of course.

Why not go for Deion Sanders. Doesn't have to be an AU alum. Although, I hope it's Harsin and he stays. But, I want to caution folks, Harsin could leave because he wants to because he is tired of the AUB crap. Especially if he wins 9 games this yr. He would have other options.  So be careful what u wish for.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

10 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Why not go for Deion Sanders. Doesn't have to be an AU alum. Although, I hope it's Harsin and he stays. But, I want to caution folks, Harsin could leave because he wants to because he is tired of the AUB crap. Especially if he wins 9 games this yr. He would have other options.  So be careful what u wish for.

I think Harsin winning 10 games with this group and leaving for greener pastures may be the best case scenario for both sides actually

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

We already are

Yup and we continue to do it to ourselves just about every year. 

18 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Respectfully, I don’t see that.  Remember he didn’t have much buzz after winning all those games at Boise. IMO the best option is for everything to work out and continue to build the program.

Maybe in 3 or 4 years after building his resume at a p5 school and the BS is still happening then possibly.

Edited by e808

4 minutes ago, e808 said:

Respectfully, I don’t see that.  Remember he didn’t have much buzz after winning all those games at Boise. IMO the best option is for everything to work out and continue to build the program.

Maybe in 3 or 4 years after building his resume at a p5 school and the BS is still happening then possibly.

I hope that's the case. But, how would it make AUB look if he left us and went to some team like Wash St or Cal.. Just saying he could get fed up and tell us to kick rocks just as easy as AU firing him

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I hope that's the case. But, how would it make AUB look if he left us and went to some team like Wash St or Cal.. Just saying he could get fed up and tell us to kick rocks just as easy as AU firing him

U got a point there.

37 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

He's not a good fit. Deion will "name names" because he has middle finger money and doesn't need Auburn. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BizTiger said:

He's not a good fit. Deion will "name names" because he has middle finger money and doesn't need Auburn. 

Yeah he's just not realistic. Hence my two choices (for HC).

Another name I wouldn't mind, heck I could even love, for AD is Pat Dye Jr. Obvious ties and he's a NFL sports agent for Pete's sake. Could be perfect for addressing our NIL needs.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

I just can't accept that we kept Jay Jacobs that long and couldn't keep his successor who had more success. All the granular details, while valid, are also moot in a sense because the outcome is the outcome. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AUwent said:

I understand your concern but again, we have seen that that's not necessarily an automatic disqualifies in the SEC anymore. 

Not to get the job, but being able to compete and coach at a high level that is a different story. Not to mention the last hires in the SEC have not been from the demographic of a Dell or TWill. 

Leach, Napier, Harsin, Eli, Lane, etc. probably the only one who fits would be Beamer, but feel free to correct me if I am wrong. 

1 minute ago, PoetTiger said:

Not to get the job, but being able to compete and coach at a high level that is a different story. Not to mention the last hires in the SEC have not been from the demographic of a Dell or TWill. 

Leach, Napier, Harsin, Eli, Lane, etc. probably the only one who fits would be Beamer, but feel free to correct me if I am wrong. 

Pittman and Beamer. What Pittman has done at ArkMart is nothing short of incredible. Jury is admittedly still out on Beamer--got to a bowl after back to back 4-8 (equivalent) seasons with a GA at QB--but I guarantee you we would be feeling a lot better if we had the offseason they had.

Edited by AUwent

2 hours ago, BigBlueWDE said:

I think Harsin winning 10 games with this group and leaving for greener pastures may be the best case scenario for both sides actually

If he wins 10 games with this group Auburn would be foolish to let him go.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PoetTiger said:

If he wins 10 games with this group Auburn would be foolish to let him go.

Completely agree.

7 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Pittman and Beamer. What Pittman has done at ArkMart is nothing short of incredible. Jury is admittedly still out on Beamer--got to a bowl after back to back 4-8 (equivalent) seasons with a GA at QB--but I guarantee you we would be feeling a lot better if we had the offseason they had.

Yeah he is doing a hell of a job, like the trajectory of the program but I still need to see more, like an SEC West title or championship before I fully get on board.

10 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Yeah he is doing a hell of a job, like the trajectory of the program but I still need to see more, like an SEC West title or championship before I fully get on board.

At this point, I would happily take us consistently winning 9, occasionally 10+ games until Dinky retires.

(If Tradition Lovers get their way and we get put with Florida or LSU in the expansion--which I don't see happening--I'll happily take winning 8, because we'll be lucky to reach that mark in that case.)

Edited by AUwent

5 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

So never know if he was good or bad because of the General? Do we know about the General? Just trying to keep up with this logic. 

Like I have said many times I liked Alan Greene. But no idea what went on behind the scenes on who did what. Neither am I certain why the general was planted in the AD office. Shows a lack of confidence somewhere. There is no logic. 

• Like 2