Allen Greene Out as AD

JerryAU

If we or sources know that this is Jimmy Rain (and/or other controlling boosters) and there was really much to do about nothing regarding the investigation, I have an idea. 

How about we realize that taking money from someone who doesn't know anything about running a football program or gets all in their emotions about not being cowed down to or believes that any disagreement is subordination is a cancer and must be cut out. They are a continual liability and a PR nightmare. Taking that person's money will do way more damage than to kick their ass to the curb. If Harsin does well and still gets fired them we won't have any players left to have a team. If I were them I would leave to make a clear example. 

The example is we are Auburn and we won't allow a person who claims to be an Auburn man destroy our program to coax a fat, entitled, ego. Cancer needs to be treated immediately or it effects every portion of the body. We need, as a whole University body to get to the root of the issue once and for all. We had to once when Bobby Lowder got his feelings and ego stepped on when he drug Housel with him out the door. We are Auburn and we will survive without them.

• Like 4
  • Love 3

5 hours ago, Didba said:

Both are qualified. Their resumes and experience. Background different from past ADs.

And with AU ties but without the “good ole boy” moniker.  Win-win for all. 

2 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

If he wins 10 games with this group Auburn would be foolish to let him go.

It wouldn’t be auburn choice and I can totally see him being successful and dipping out for a job at the west coast. And no,

I wouldn’t blame him one bit 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

I don’t think he was ever given full control over the Athletics department, he walked into a hornet’s nest. He was an outsider. A lot of traditional Auburn people who did not care much for Leath off the cusp, and did not like Greene because he was Leath’s non traditional hire. It is always a problem with certain hires at Auburn and all my life as an Auburn grad and fan the AD department specifically football has had issues. Always some foolish 🤬 going on. Now Auburn has a coach sitting with no support besides from players, and people wonder why the class is where it is. I’m actually surprised it is where it’s at. Just like many in this post have said Greene’s departure has been a forgone conclusion for a while you don’t think opposing coaches, recruits, HS coaches, handlers etc don’t say the same about Harsin. I would have preferred they just had paid and let him go in February instead of dragging the obvious for another season, and rest at the feet of a new AD.

I’m sorry but Greene was a bad hire by Leath who was canned, Greene made a bad hire with Harsin. With the General running the AD, we are doing great at men’s basketball, fairly good at women’s basketball, good at softball, great at baseball, great at Equestrian, swimming and diving all good!

We are now on the right track, the future is bright if we make the right hire! And hopefully that right hire, will hire the right proven football coach, and the athletic department should be good to go. I am fine with General Burgess taking over the athletic department, but it would almost be a step down for him, as he is partially running the university!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

36 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

I’m sorry but Greene was a bad hire by Leath who was canned, Greene made a bad hire with Harsin. With the General running the AD, we are doing great at men’s basketball, fairly good at women’s basketball, good at softball, great at baseball, great at Equestrian, swimming and diving all good!

We are now on the right track, the future is bright if we make the right hire! And hopefully that right hire, will hire the right proven football coach, and the athletic department should be good to go. I am fine with General Burgess taking over the athletic department, but it would almost be a step down for him, as he is partially running the university!

How do you know it was the General that made the changes that turned things around, and not AG

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Be interesting to see if you change your tune about Gen Burgess, if it is true that he supported the hire of Harsin. Many are speculating that to be the case

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Be interesting to see if you change your tune about Gen Burgess, if it is true that he supported the hire of Harsin. Many are speculating that to be the case

Not just supported..some are going as far as giving him credit for the hire.

Just now, Hank2020 said:

I hope so, might give Harsin a rope.

Right. I just want people to make it make sense.

20 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Yeah can't wait to see how 24 will spin this one 

He will move the goal posts like they all do.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

How do you know it was the General that made the changes that turned things around, and not AG

Does not know…just did not like either hire personally so just rambling with no facts whatsoever 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, GunsmithAU said:

The situation at Utah and Boise were worlds apart. Boise was already built as a super power I'm the Mt west. They had the recruiting, the national exposure, etc. Even with the deck heavily stacked in his favor, he only had 1 season with 0 conferences losses, would yearly lose games he should win. Harsin was just ok. He didn't dominate like he should have. 

Utah by contrast was a decent but nothing special program in the mtwest. Urban took them to greatness. He took a losing record team to 10-2 in year 1 and then in year 2 smoked major P5 competition to a perfect season ranked 4th.

Harsin had 1 season as big time football at UTA then bolted for a downgraded job. Harsin was at Boise for 6 years. Urban 2 at Utah. They literally couldn't have the same record.  

But maybe you meant to include bowling green in your urban discussion where he took a winless bowling green coached by good ol Leoffler to an 8-3 team the next year. 

Let's not pretend in any world that Hardin and urban belong in the same conversation on ability and results. 

Since Tiger on Wheels aka @Auburnforever(i think), you have claimed the top spot for the dumbest poster on this forum. I congratulate you as that is a hard title to attain.

28 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

So his name was Auburn4Ever and he had legitimate health and mental issues that made him post the way he did.  There is a reason why he can no longer post anymore.

Thought you should know that before you start calling A4E dumb.

I feel very bad for dunking on him. I hope he's okay.

2 hours ago, Didba said:

He will move the goal posts like they all do.

Time for you to prove some of your unfounded statements.

1 hour ago, oracle79 said:

Since Tiger on Wheels aka @Auburnforever(i think), you have claimed the top spot for the dumbest poster on this forum. I congratulate you as that is a hard title to attain.

Point out 1 thing I said that's factually incorrect. But ultimately you can gtfo with your ad hominem weak-minded bull****. 

3 hours ago, AU-24 said:

So how does Greene be a “bad hire” and also have the majority of Auburn athletic teams be “ all good” under his supervision? Is Harsin a “bad hire” because Green was involved in the hire or because of the poor job performance? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GreenTiger said:

So how does Greene be a “bad hire” and also have the majority of Auburn athletic teams be “ all good” under his supervision? Is Harsin a “bad hire” because Green was involved in the hire or because of the poor job performance? 

Hold on, “the general made the hire.” AG just sat in the zoom from what the eaglenesters are saying. 

7 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

I have friends within the AD, I am friends with a boosters son. Also, it is common knowledge with people who have zero connections within the AD that the General was brought over approximately two years ago, because Alan Greene wasn’t doing his job. That isn’t something I’m making up and I’m not just voicing my opinion, that is a fact!

Auburn University’s chief operating officer, Lt. General Ronald Burgess, has temporarily moved into the football complex building while doing anassessment of the athletic department operations for President Jay Gogue. Burgess was the point man in pushing forward the new football complex project from the planning stage to the construction stage where it is a year away from its scheduled completion date. He has a reputation as a no-nonsenseadministrator who gets things done.

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/Thursday-Auburn-football-basketball-other-Tiger-Tidbits-from-Inside-the-Auburn-Tigers-167548547/

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

7 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Not what I was told. Not saying what I was told was correct, but that is not what I was told.

3 hours ago, GreenTiger said:

General Burgess.

• Dislike 1

7 hours ago, DAG said:

Not just supported..some are going as far as giving him credit for the hire.

General Burgess was moved over to the AD, to babysit Greene after the Harsin hire. 

Most of you that are against Green leaving have made up your mind, and there’s nothing I can say, factually or otherwise that’s going to change your mind. But I’ll give it one last shot to defend AU. The same Auburn University that hired Greene, is the same university that let him stay for the entire five years when they could’ve let them go before his two-year point, as he was interviewing for other jobs, and wanting to interview for even more jobs. That is the same Auburn University that suddenly doesn’t like Greene because of skin pigmentation, or hate, or otherwise? Do you see why this makes absolutely no sense whatsoever?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

General Burgess was moved over to the AD, to babysit Greene after the Harsin hire. 

Most of you that are against Green leaving have made up your mind, and there’s nothing I can say, factually or otherwise that’s going to change your mind. But I’ll give it one last shot to defend AU. The same Auburn University that hired Greene, is the same university that let him stay for the entire five years when they could’ve let them go before his two-year point, as he was interviewing for other jobs, and wanting to interview for even more jobs. That is the same Auburn University that suddenly doesn’t like Greene because of skin pigmentation, or hate, or otherwise? Do you see why this makes absolutely no sense whatsoever?

Why you bringing up race? Who said that? My comment stems from the fact that one of your critiques of AG has been that he hired Harsin. Well now we have people from eagle nest saying the general hired him and AG was just in the zoom. So are you going to have the same criticism for AG's babysitter? You said he wasn't doing his job and part of that was he wouldn't even show up to the office, yet in the same breathe you also say they let him act this way for a tenure of five years.

Does that make sense? Why would they not just fire him for cause then? You just said the General is a no-non sense dude, but he was willing to let someone stick around who just refused to come to work? Seems very lacking to me. Cut the BS out. I have no problem with Auburn or AG moving on, in fact I said a year a go he should get out, if they aren't going to support him.  My problem isn't with Auburn. My problem is with people like you who vilify people's personality versus their job performance. Now you are bringing race into this stuff, trying to provide a red herring. No, no, no

APPARENTLY THE GENERAL HIRED HARSIN, SO WHAT DO YOU SAY TO THAT?

Edited by DAG
  • Like 5