Allen Greene Out as AD

JerryAU

10 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

And with AU ties but without the “good ole boy” moniker.  Win-win for all. 

I'm not ready to concede to the idea of someone with AU ties that won't be subject to the vice grips of the good ole boys. The good ole boys must be revolted against and locked out of the house, and I'm not sure any AU family can do this. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

Why you bringing up race? Who said that? You are just lying ass dude. My comment stems from the fact that one of your critiques of AG has been that he hired Harsin. Well now we have people from eagle nest saying the general hired him and AG was just in the zoom. So are you going to have the same criticism for AG's babysitter? You said he wasn't doing his job and part of that was he wouldn't even show up to the office, yet in the same breathe you also say they let him act this way for a tenure of five years. Does that make sense? Why would they not just fire him for cause then? Does that make sense to you? Cut the BS out. I have no problem with Auburn or AG moving on, in fact I said a year a go he should get out, if they aren't going to support. My problem isn't with Auburn. My problem is with people like you who vilify people's personality versus their job performance. Now you are bringing race into this stuff. 

Race is probably 10% of it, if that. 90% is simply because he's not tied to certain AU influencers and I personally believe AG was an easy target by them from day 1. And once AG knew this, he started looking. We've seen this play out too many times. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, BizTiger said:

Race is probably 10% of it, if that. 90% is simply because he's not tied to certain AU influencers and I personally believe AG was an easy target by them from day 1. And once AG knew this, he started looking. We've seen this play out too many times. 

Exactly. People make up anything to fit their agenda. Why would the university keep someone who vacated their job and is just going around the country looking for other opportunities ? What more than likely happen is both felt it wasn't a fit and the university was like you should probably start looking for another job. Otherwise , the alternative is the leaders allowed someone to do whatever the heck they wanted as the AD and they sat idle for multiple years. How is that any better?

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

Auburn fan base is the only school that I know of that will legit try to pull off the it was actually the other guy behind the scenes moniker whenever the person that's disliked has success.

It's the most childish stuff ever. People really run with it and believe it too. 

• Like 2

On 8/26/2022 at 10:38 PM, Maverick.AU said:

Also this is hilarious.....people saying stuff about the budget.....before green was here we have been the same school behind everybody else as far as facilities and equipment and all of that. We are the same school that has always penny pinched and did stuff second rate but claimed we were JUST traditional......but now people are saying budget bothered people lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Not what I was told. Not saying what I was told was correct, but that is not what I was told.

The General was on the search committee with Greene and Q Riggins. So, I ask u again..... It's almost  a certainty that  the General not only supported the Harsin hire, but he recommended it.... So does your support of The General change ????

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Need to get couple things straightened out about A4E. @augolf1716 can attest to this, ToW/A4E is/was a good guy.  The three of us had communication beyond this site.  He was in a chair, but as he told me, he was not disabled or handicapped. He was not mentally deficient in any way. He could, and did, give as good as he got...when he wanted. He really enjoyed the banter, but was absolutely the most even tempered, kind fan.  We've reached out and unfortunately haven't heard anything for a while. Don't be fooled to be made to feel bad, ToW/A4E enjoyed his time on the boards 

Sacrificed ego and reputation for the troll game. Commendable.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Need to get couple things straightened out about A4E. @augolf1716 can attest to this, ToW/A4E is/was a good guy.  The three of us had communication beyond this site.  He was in a chair, but as he told me, he was not disabled or handicapped. He was not mentally deficient in any way. He could, and did, give as good as he got...when he wanted. He really enjoyed the banter, but was absolutely the most even tempered, kind fan.  We've reached out and unfortunately haven't heard anything for a while. Don't be fooled to be made to feel bad, ToW/A4E enjoyed his time on the boards 

Ah that was my mistake then on his handicap.  Let me take that post down if I could with something like that.  I definitely don’t want to spread a false statement on someone’s health.

Edited by abw0004

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

Also this is hilarious.....people saying stuff about the budget.....before green was here we have been the same school behind everybody else as far as facilities and equipment and all of that. We are the same school that has always penny pinched and did stuff second rate but claimed we were JUST traditional......but now people are saying budget bothered people lol

For what it’s worth, this has been known for a while now so it isn’t just now being said and was corroborated by a few different people, including WDE, which I know you respect on here.  

7 hours ago, DAG said:

Hold on, “the general made the hire.” AG just sat in the zoom from what the eaglenesters are saying. 

I am legitimately asking for my knowledge, but who is saying Burgess hired Harsin?  I have seen you say that a few times and I went back to the beginning of this thread and can’t find the source.  I could have missed it however.

Edited by abw0004

17 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Why are the White Brothers at Duke and UT so fast to speak out?

FWIW, Kevin White from Duke is Danny White‘s dad. Kevin was the Notre Dame AD when AG worked there in the compliance office. Danny and AG worked together at Ole Miss and apparently are good friends. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I am legitimately asking for my knowledge, but who is saying Burgess hired Greene?  I have seen you say that a few times and I went back to the beginning of this thread and can’t find the source.  I could have missed it however.

They are referring to the Harsin hire, not AG. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

I know UGA and Clemson being big time now has made a section of folks more active about the “idea” of spending, but if you ever ask most of that section about the feasibility of being a big spender within the Auburn economic structure…woof 

the worst worst thing has been random Joe Dirts saying that they have a better idea of how we need to spend money to compete than a guy who’s well regarded at the job 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

They are referring to the Harsin hire, not AG. 

Dang it.  That’s what I meant.  Thanks for the catch.  I was probably going to confuse everyone with that question as-is.  😂

Edited by abw0004
  • Like 1

On 8/26/2022 at 1:14 PM, bigbird said:

They don't. Just some of the things done or not done while at Auburn.  

Bird.  Can you elaborate with some specifics?  I personally like Allen but am not at all close to the situation to know anything.

I just wish people would actually think as opposed to believing  anything someone says and then defending it.

But anyway like it or not this is just something else that we will get negative recruited about.......I tell you what when we lose credit with the African-American community we will suck for at the least a decade before it get fixed

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I just wish people would actually think as opposed to believing  anything someone says and then defending it.

But anyway like it or not this is just something else that we will get negative recruited about.......I tell you what when we lose credit with the African-American community we will suck for at the least a decade before it get fixed

I was thinking about that this morning. Let them replace Allen Green with an old white dude and watch media absolutely annihilate us. 

I personally just want someone who will finish the f’ing scoreboard🤷🏻‍♂️. Seems like a good place to start.

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Now I'm super confused

Oh my bad....nevermind. I forgot we have to pretend on here. Well let's just ignore the number one reason our recruiting has been down and hence to why we have been mediocre! I don't post GIF but that pic of the dog sitting in the burning house is perfect

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I was thinking about that this morning. Let them replace Allen Green with an old white dude and watch media absolutely annihilate us. 

I personally just want someone who will finish the f’ing scoreboard🤷🏻‍♂️. Seems like a good place to start.

It's hilarious. It's literally why we need more color in important positions in the organization. Somebody that would have said hey first and foremost we need to make sure we have things that make players want to be here........it's literally investing into yourself.  But instead we have people focused on promoting how we were in the old days.....before you know it you blink and we are light years behind everybody else you have to compete with

• Thanks 1