Allen Greene Out as AD

JerryAU

14 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Yep and if you take away the money guys sports will suffer greatly. That’s where money comes for new stadiums and sports complexes . Be careful fir what you wish. 

Didn't make a wish.  :dunno:

Edited by homersapien

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

Praying for accurate down field throws....haven't had them in 5 years or so

Amen to this.  I just want to see some improvement and to say, auburn is getting better.   

On 8/28/2022 at 6:31 PM, DAG said:

Why you bringing up race? Who said that? My comment stems from the fact that one of your critiques of AG has been that he hired Harsin. Well now we have people from eagle nest saying the general hired him and AG was just in the zoom. So are you going to have the same criticism for AG's babysitter? You said he wasn't doing his job and part of that was he wouldn't even show up to the office, yet in the same breathe you also say they let him act this way for a tenure of five years.

Does that make sense? Why would they not just fire him for cause then? You just said the General is a no-non sense dude, but he was willing to let someone stick around who just refused to come to work? Seems very lacking to me. Cut the BS out. I have no problem with Auburn or AG moving on, in fact I said a year a go he should get out, if they aren't going to support him.  My problem isn't with Auburn. My problem is with people like you who vilify people's personality versus their job performance. Now you are bringing race into this stuff, trying to provide a red herring. No, no, no

APPARENTLY THE GENERAL HIRED HARSIN, SO WHAT DO YOU SAY TO THAT?

So AG was just doing an awesome, bang up job, and they moved general Burgess over to babysit him for no reason. Gotcha!

• Facepalm 1

On 8/29/2022 at 2:43 AM, Hank2020 said:

The information you quoted in no way backed up the assumptions you put forth that specific personnel choices (mostly coaching selections)that appear to have progressed  the AD were made by Burgess. When reading what you posted above outside of the major project moving forward, none if the personnel choices would have been made by him.

OK then, you tell me what people that work in the AD and the boosters are saying. You tell us, and we will listen.

Tell me who the people in the AD are working for and taking orders from. I promise you it’s not AG.

On 8/28/2022 at 8:53 PM, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Yep and if you take away the money guys sports will suffer greatly. That’s where money comes for new stadiums and sports complexes . Be careful fir what you wish. 

Here's a segment on Locked on Auburn that emphasises your point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AU-24 said:

So AG was just doing an awesome, bang up job, and they moved general Burgess over to babysit him for no reason. Gotcha!

Deflection at its finest. Not wasting my time anymore lol.

• Thanks 1

All of my UConn buddies up here are terrified that we are going to poach their AD, David Benedict, considering his connections to the Auburn athletics department. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CT Tiger said:

All of my UConn buddies up here are terrified that we are going to poach their AD, David Benedict, considering his connections to the Auburn athletics department. 

Sounds like a great choice from bio.

On 8/29/2022 at 6:37 AM, Tiger Kent said:

Hey Auburn Family!  Just letting you know that one of the AD candidates is my cousin John Hartwell and he would be a perfect fit for Auburn.  He was the AD at Troy and now he is the AD at Utah State.  This past year, Utah State won conference championships in Football, Volleyball and Gymnastics and the coaches were all hired by John.  John is a lifelong Auburn fan and comes from a family full of Auburn grads and (more importantly) Auburn fans.  He is a perfect Southern gentleman that knows how to work hard and represent Auburn the right way.  He was born in Mobile, AL and was an All-State basketball star at UMS-Wright and a 3-year starter at the Citadel.  There is not another man that will work harder than him to make Auburn Athletics great again.  He believes in family, church, athletics and loves Auburn.  If anyone has an inside track to put in the good word for John Hartwell...  please do.  War Eagle! 

Kent Hartwell       

Sounds like a good fit!!

15 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Sounds like a good fit!!

My ONLY concern is that I don't think I could take the memes if we hired Blake Anderson (who replaced Harsin at Arky St).

Edited by AUwent
  • Haha 2

I talked to my cousin John Hartwell the other day and he is interested in the Auburn job.  There is not another person that would work harder than John.  His father, mother, uncle, and 2 sisters all graduated from Auburn.  The only reason that he didn't go to Auburn was because he got a scholarship to play basketball at the Citadel.  He grew up as an Auburn fan and understands how important Auburn is to people like us.  I sure hope that Auburn gives him a chance.  He would be great for Auburn and would have us winning championships soon.  

5 minutes ago, Tiger Kent said:

I talked to my cousin John Hartwell the other day and he is interested in the Auburn job.  There is not another person that would work harder than John.  His father, mother, uncle, and 2 sisters all graduated from Auburn.  The only reason that he didn't go to Auburn was because he got a scholarship to play basketball at the Citadel.  He grew up as an Auburn fan and understands how important Auburn is to people like us.  I sure hope that Auburn gives him a chance.  He would be great for Auburn and would have us winning championships soon.  

I talked to my cousin Bo Jackson and he says he knows you don't hit kids. 

14 minutes ago, Tiger Kent said:

Not sure that I understand your comment WDE_OxPx_2010.  Please explain.  Thanks, and War Eagle!  

He was trying to be funny but missed the mark. Best of luck to John

• Like 1

On 8/30/2022 at 10:01 AM, CT Tiger said:

I doubt a quality up and coming AD will take the Auburn job right now. Same goes for football coaches. What the good ole boys want is a "yes man" so that means they will hire internally or somebody with previous connections to the school. It will be some mediocre nobody who knows his role, ie. being a yes man. 

It will make posters like AU-24 happy, and they might even get their wish and run Harsin off. Then they will bring in Hugh Freeze who will flame out just like he did at Ole Miss. Also, our overall athletic department will go back to being in the bottom half of the SEC. This is what the hillbilly morons want and it looks like they might get it.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

I just want the best man for Auburn, and I know that John Hartwell will do everything he can to make us better.  Our family history with Auburn runs deep and we are definitely fans!  War Eagle to everyone!  I am so excited to see the Tigers play hard today!   

2 hours ago, au4life77 said:

I doubt a quality up and coming AD will take the Auburn job right now. Same goes for football coaches. What the good ole boys want is a "yes man" so that means they will hire internally or somebody with previous connections to the school. It will be some mediocre nobody who knows his role, ie. being a yes man. 

It will make posters like AU-24 happy, and they might even get their wish and run Harsin off. Then they will bring in Hugh Freeze who will flame out just like he did at Ole Miss. Also, our overall athletic department will go back to being in the bottom half of the SEC. This is what the hillbilly morons want and it looks like they might get it.

Just Watch. 

• Love 3