Allen Greene Out as AD

JerryAU

5 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I like the man. Just seems like another black eye for AU but whatever. I am not in the athletic department so I don’t know what he did or did not do. Also I do not know what went down when Harsin was hired, but it probably has something to do with that and the NIL being a disaster. This is an absolute guess on my part. No idea…

It's not a black eye unless you want it to be. He wasn't going to renew. 

• Like 9

Just now, fishepa said:

Don't like this at all, but that's what Auburn does.  JABA

Stop......this was a now or later move. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, autig90 said:

I doubt it. Greene certainly hasn't been perfect, but I think he's done a pretty good job overall. I also think he has represented Auburn well. I imagine we will hire some good ole boy, and Auburn will look like Auburn. Then Harsin gets fired after this year (probably for anything less than strong contention for the SEC title), and we hire someone with 'Auburn ties' and the s*** show continues. SMH.

Whether it was because of ADAG or not, we’ve had an insane amount of success in the sports that were once auxiliary before him. Best state of the men’s basketball program EVER!!! 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

Not a surprise since it’s been rumored that the boosters wanted him out. It’s a shame though. He’s generally been a good AD. Really seemed on the same page with the students and coaches. I just hope Auburn doesn’t JABA his replacement. 

This wasn’t the booster’s doing.  AG wasn’t fulfilling a lot of his duties to where other people were having to step in and do it for him.  Towards the end of his tenure much of his duties were stripped anyways.  

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Per WDE, Greene was told to make this hire by others.  He didn’t want to hire Bruce.

I mean, who the hell would know if that's true. That could be a rumor started by someone to discredit Greene. He seemed to support Bruce through his tenure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Sani-Freeze said:

Greene didn't hire Bruce

You are right.  I don’t know why I got that mixed up.  I was thinking Jacobs was told to hire Bruce.  My apologies to you as well as @autig90.

Edited by abw0004
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Looks like @RunInRed was right all that time ago when he first broke that this was coming.

Yeah, but some of the other stuff he prophesized about Harsin is unsettling if it reveals itself to be true.  Makes me a little edgy to say the least. :-\ 

This may be too soon, but I think current NFL executive and Auburn alumni Michelle McKenna-Doyle would be a great fit.  She has expressed interest in the job before and I think her mindset would align really well with Harsin.  Good selling point coming from the NFL too.  Here is a profile on her:

https://harbert.auburn.edu/news/McKenna-Doyle.html

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

This may be too soon, but I think current NFL executive and Auburn alumni Michelle McKenna-Doyle would be a great fit.  She has expressed interest in the job before and I think her mindset would align really well with Harsin.  Good selling point coming from the NFL too.  Here is a profile on her:

https://harbert.auburn.edu/news/McKenna-Doyle.html

Her name pops up constantly, yet we hired Allen Greene.  IF she's been interested in AU then why isn't she here? 

• Like 2

Just now, JerryAU said:

Her name pops up constantly, yet we hired Allen Greene.  IF she's been interested in AU then why isn't she here? 

I am not sure to be honest.  And she may never come here.  It is just my thoughts from the outside that she might be a good fit and mesh well with Harsin's vision.

5 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

You probably also ought to consider this your warning shot on what I previously posted about Harsin.

TL;DR? (If not on Eagle’s Nest.)

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

I was berated over a year ago for reaffirming Allen’s contract wouldn’t be renewed.  I don’t post as much anymore about this kind of stuff because honestly it’s not worth the headache.  But now that the news is official, I’m posting not to tell you “I told you so,” but to let you guys know I never had an agenda - I was just sharing what I knew to be solid info.  You probably also ought to consider this your warning shot on what I previously posted about Harsin.

I saw those prophesies on Harsin and I'm edgy right now RIR, real edgy. 

5 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

I saw those prophesies on Harsin and I'm edgy right now RIR, real edgy. 

Don't fall for that crap. This guy has been both right and wrong like any other insider. This time he was just right, so he is quick to say I told you so. When they are wrong, they aren't around hence the majority of people who claimed CBH would get fired earlier in the year. Show up right or wrong to garner anything from me.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 6

47 minutes ago, autig90 said:

I doubt it. Greene certainly hasn't been perfect, but I think he's done a pretty good job overall. I also think he has represented Auburn well. I imagine we will hire some good ole boy, and Auburn will look like Auburn. Then Harsin gets fired after this year (probably for anything less than strong contention for the SEC title), and we hire someone with 'Auburn ties' and the s*** show continues. SMH.

Sounds about right I'm afraid 😳

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Don't fall for that crap. This guy has been both right and wrong like any other insider. This time he was just right, so he is quick to say I told you so. When they are wrong, they aren't around hence the majority of people who claimed CBH would get fired earlier in the year. Show up right or wrong to garner anything from me.

What did he say?

• Thanks 1

Great to see him gone! Hopefully the new hire will sweep out Marci as well. He’s another former ND athlete to exit  an athletic directorship job & everybody wins!  😊🐅👏

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, kennypowers said:

Feels like it puts even more pressure on Harsin.

I don't think so. CBH knows what he is up against and he is the guy is willing to face it. The only way to beat a good ole boy system is to have success. That is not just at Auburn that's anywhere. 

What did Stephen Jackson say?

" I make love to pressure." Lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1