Allen Greene Out as AD

JerryAU

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

What did he say?

You can go back yourself and read it. I don't want to take away from ADAG departure or what may occur for the near future. I am grateful for AG and I understand everything doesn't always work out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

You can go back yourself and read it. I don't want to take away from ADAG departure or what may occur for the near future. I am grateful for AG and I understand everything doesn't always work out.

What he said on 5/20? Gotcha.

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

Don't fall for that crap. This guy has been both right and wrong like any other insider. This time he was just right, so he is quick to say I told you so. When they are wrong, they aren't around hence the majority of people who claimed CBH would get fired earlier in the year. Show up right or wrong to garner anything from me.

Well...when people with information assets don't make final decisions it's easy to be "wrong".......

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, bigbird said:

This is not a black eye. This has been coming for a long time and everyone involved knew what the end result was going to be. This is a move that has the potential to be really good.  If we can get another that is again removed from the Dye boys then we will move into this century. If not, and we hire someone like Tim Jackson, then we will be behind the Mississippi schools for a while.  This is the chance we have to align everything and everyone.

Bird, was this decision made by the Boosters?

I liked Greene for the most part.   He made a few bonehead decisions, but overall, I thought he did a pretty decent job.   I don’t know what happened between him and Bruce, but AG went out of his way to patch that up.   
Normally, I wouldn’t be terribly nervous about it, but AU’s PTB and their track record makes me nervous about anything related to the AD and/or our football program!!!!

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, bigbird said:

This is not a black eye. This has been coming for a long time and everyone involved knew what the end result was going to be. This is a move that has the potential to be really good.  If we can get another that is again removed from the Dye boys then we will move into this century. If not, and we hire someone like Tim Jackson, then we will be behind the Mississippi schools for a while.  This is the chance we have to align everything and everyone.

This is what I am interested in seeing. Who we will hire. I don't foresee it being outside the box, however.

22 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

I was berated over a year ago for reaffirming Allen’s contract wouldn’t be renewed.  I don’t post as much anymore about this kind of stuff because honestly it’s not worth the headache.  But now that the news is official, I’m posting not to tell you “I told you so,” but to let you guys know I never had an agenda - I was just sharing what I knew to be solid info.  You probably also ought to consider this your warning shot on what I previously posted about Harsin.

Is or was this decision made by the boosters and is is related to Greene's hire of Harsin? Can u refresh my memory on the post about Harsin?

Edited by NWALA Tiger

8 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Bird, was this decision made by the Boosters?

I'm sure there was some input, but not to a significant level.

• Zeek changed the title to Allen Greene Out as AD
1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Students loved him, players in the big 2 sports seemed to love him. Real shame to lose out on a guy with the charisma he had 

I would think it’s an absolute we get more of a good ol boy type replacement 

Agreed he was likeable but there were some serious issues. I too am concerned we're going to get peak good-ole-boy next.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Harsin probably feeling a little exposed right now. The only reason he is at AU was just shown the door. 

I agree, but remembered that is not true. General Ron Burgess was a major part in his hiring. He, Greene, and Riggins were the three that broke off and hired him. Not just Greene

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

I don’t post as much anymore about this kind of stuff because honestly it’s not worth the headache.

That moment was Evans for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, au302 said:

I agree, but remembered that is not true. General Ron Burgess was a major part in his hiring. He, Greene, and Riggins were the three that broke off and hired him. Not just Greene

FWIW, He will be on the official list 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Just now, bigbird said:

If we can't beat em....we send in an airstrike. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Agreed he was likeable but there were some serious issues. I too am concerned we're going to get peak good-ole-boy next.

Unfortunately, moreso than ever in this era of “collegiate” athletics, we’re going to need someone who can romance the power brokers. I’ll happily take Burgess or heck just keep Girton.

Edited by AUwent

• Zeek pinned and featured this topic
Just now, autigeremt said:

If we can't beat em....we send in an airstrike. 

The name of our new NIL collective...Shock and awe!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Rashaan

The crap that went on in town......I gotta move on from that one. lol 

• Angry 1

33 minutes ago, DAG said:

Don't fall for that crap. This guy has been both right and wrong like any other insider. This time he was just right, so he is quick to say I told you so. When they are wrong, they aren't around hence the majority of people who claimed CBH would get fired earlier in the year. Show up right or wrong to garner anything from me.

This so much.

• Like 1

I'll say this about Gen. Burgess.....he has the ear of the big money. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Do u think it's a coincidence this happens a week b4 the season starts

this is with no inside info, just my thoughts on the situation...

I would assume if it happened a week before the season, then ADAG either found a landing spot, we found a landing spot for ADAG, we found and secured our replacement, or he wasn't ready to wait.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He wouldn’t be bad.  What a lot of people don’t realize is a lot of the good decisions that people think AG made the last 1.5 years of his tenure was actually Burgess.  Not a home run name but I think we would be happy.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

What a lot of people don’t realize is a lot of the good decisions that people think AG made the last 1.5 years of his tenure was actually Burgess.  

Precisely 

• Like 5