Allen Greene Out as AD

JerryAU

26 minutes ago, DAG said:

This is what I am interested in seeing. Who we will hire. I don't foresee it being outside the box, however.

Is a female considered outside the box?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

I was berated over a year ago for reaffirming Allen’s contract wouldn’t be renewed.  I don’t post as much anymore about this kind of stuff because honestly it’s not worth the headache.  But now that the news is official, I’m posting not to tell you “I told you so,” but to let you guys know I never had an agenda - I was just sharing what I knew to be solid info.  You probably also ought to consider this your warning shot on what I previously posted about Harsin.

You were not berated for simply sharing the info you had. IMO, you were berated for editorializing and intertwining your personal thoughts, feelings and opinions on Harsin with the inside info.

In the future, my recommendation/suggestion for better communication of your inside knowledge to the board would be to say "this is what I am hearing from my sources: **** XYZ****" and then say "this is my take/opinion based upon the above info: *** XYZ ***".

It's an objective CYA style of providing information that separates the facts from the opinion.

Just my two cents.

Edited by Didba
  • Like 4
  • Facepalm 3

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Rashaan

Oof a name better forgotten.

• Thanks 1

Just now, DAG said:

Gender doesn't matter nor does race. It is the background and association that matters to me.

"Are they qualified?" is the most important question.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, autigeremt said:

Stop......this was a now or later move. 

No s***. We throw around "jaba" too much. Things happen everywhere.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, jAUSon said:

If I never hear JABA again it will be too soon.  I hate the mindset of just shrugging your shoulders and saying JABA.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

My money is on Marcy Gitron

I got $1.50

Just now, Cali TIger said:

It's a terrible look. But that's nothing new for us.

Why? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

I'll say this about Gen. Burgess.....he has the ear of the big money. 

And really this is really what the AD position is all about and it’s become critical with NIL. If Greene couldn’t get on the good side of the money he had to go. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JerryAU said:

It's nut cutting time for sure. 

There will be a lot of transition in store for AU faithful in the next 6 months. 

2 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

I think this happened sometime ago. He was a no-show to a tiger unlimited golf tournament supposedly and had not been seen in his office in months. 

Supposedly? How do you know he "wasn't seen in his office in months"?

51 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

THANK.

YOU. 

Edited by AUwent

2 hours ago, autigeremt said:

It's not a black eye unless you want it to be. He wasn't going to renew. 

Thank you but it sure looks like some Auburn "faithful" want it to be. To each his own opinion but I said a long time ago that Greene was a nice guy but over his head as Auburn AD. He did himself in. I wish him the best but glad he is gone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

FWIW, He will be on the official list 

Feel like he'd either be "solid" or a disaster. Probably Harsin's best case though considering he's the one who basically interviewed and hired him. ADAG sat in on the zoom, lol

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Why? 

Unfortunately, there's some bad PR optics around it that will have to be smoothed over. I personally think it's bs, but unfortunately it's there and is divisive to AU.

1 minute ago, au302 said:

Feel like he'd either be "solid" or a disaster. Probably Harsin's best case though considering he's the one who basically interviewed and hired him. ADAG sat in on the zoom, lol

An army Lieutenant general won't typically be a disaster in anything they choose to undertake, especially one that has been the director of the Defense Intelligence Agency.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, au302 said:

Unfortunately, there's some bad PR optics around it that will have to be smoothed over. I personally think it's bs, but unfortunately it's there and is divisive to AU.

Always has.......always will be as long as the other school has people in places to control the media narrative. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Always has.......always will be as long as the other school has people in places to control the media narrative. 

True, but there has already been a tweet from one of our very own about it.