Allen Greene Out as AD

JerryAU

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

An army Lieutenant general won't typically be a disaster in anything they choose to undertake, especially one that has been the director of the Defense Intelligence Agency.

Of course. I have the utmost respect for him. More so in the sense that he probably wouldn't be a long-term solution and I'd worry that he'd more so keep things status quo than move us forward. I have no doubt he's a competent person that isn't afraid to take charge. He did well with the Harsin hiring

Just now, au302 said:

True, but there has already been a tweet from one of our very own about it. 

Always a few. Auburn is known for it. 

16 minutes ago, bigbird said:

An army Lieutenant general won't typically be a disaster in anything they choose to undertake, especially one that has been the director of the Defense Intelligence Agency.

I agree but IMHO we have one now heading DOD (former Auburn BOT guy Lloyd Austin).

Edited by Proud Tiger
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Sani-Freeze said:

Greene didn't hire Bruce

My recollection of the Greene/Pearl situation is that Gouge wanted to fire Coach Pearl over the Chuck Person mess but Greene intervened in Bruce's favor. So no, Greene didn't hire Pearl but he is said to have kept him from being let go.

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Can he play on the offensive line?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Beyond qualified. Only way he could be more qualified is if he was a lawyer 😉

Hey @Mikey ‘‘twas merely a joke

Edited by Didba
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Michelle McKenna would be fantastic. She has NFL pedigree and let’s face it—while the AD has the job of managing athletics, it’s all about football. If football is doing great, you can still have a great year financially if other sports aren’t doing so great. If our football season has a great year then that’s a financial boon to other sports. Plus when you throw in her pedigree, you can be sure she’ll be laser focused in finding the right coach plus right system needed to support Auburn football to a standard where we can be. 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

That moment was Evans for me.

Well for me it was Gus.....or Bo, or Seth, or even the o line. The exaggerated wr not on the field. The turmoil we had in the off season

Then you have the basketball side there for me it's was Pearl or chuma, or Bryce Brown, or Samir, the big man that was a 5 star can't think of his name now; Powell, scoot, the guards on the team now, Mark Sears....pretty much the last 5 years

NBA stuff you have KD, Ja Morant, Steph curry, lonzo and lamello ball, Zach Levine, Anthony Edwards, Darrius Garland. 

Or if I really wanted to take it back I guess waay back when you and I would write back to people and try to explain Thorpe was a good corner and what in phase means as far as a corner.....and he had a long career....

But I'm not an insider or a high school football coach so it doesn't count! 

Good to see you btw

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

y recollection of the Greene/Pearl situation is that Gouge wanted to fire Coach Pearl over the Chuck Person mess

It was Leath, but you're right about ADAG intervening 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

He didn't lie, though...

ESPN and others are bashing Auburn tonight. Externally it is true - not a great look … but of course they have no idea what has happened over the last year +. 
…they just see an opportunity to hit AU and talk about how dysfunctional we are…

• Like 4

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

It was Leath,  but you're right about ADAG intervening 

I wonder how Bruce feels about this. 
I’m sure he knew it was coming

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

ESPN and others are bashing Auburn tonight. Externally it is true - not a great look … but of course they have no idea what has happened over the last year +. 
…they just see an opportunity to hit AU and talk about how dysfunctional we are…

We're an easy target. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

People lose their jobs every day.  How is this one any different?

Relevant to my question?   No.  

3 hours ago, Zeek said:

Agreed he was likeable but there were some serious issues. I too am concerned we're going to get peak good-ole-boy next.

I know there’s a lot of individuals (probably rightfully) upset about how tight the budget was. But with how high our spending still was during the COVID affect seasons, even with ADAG making precautionary cuts and penny pinching, it does seem like our spending is rather wild yknow 

I won’t pretend to be an accounting expert (slept through those courses more than I can remember), but I don’t think we’re where some Auburn fans imagine us to be in terms of easily accessible funds in the non-football sports. And the funds that are there in football aren’t always easily accessible. There’s alot of it’s either black or white opinions being thrown around right now 

I think it also reaffirms our higher ups general incompetence for Auburn fans to just throw the backlash this is receiving in the tired ol “the media hates Auburn” box 

Auburn’s former AD was more personable and known than most, but you got individuals from far different corners of the industry that are talking about the move. It’s not just Pete Thamel or whoever else. It shouldn’t matter to Auburn (I honestly think optics rarely do), but it doesn’t look amazing on the outside

• Like 3