Allen Greene Out as AD

JerryAU

16 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

ESPN and others are bashing Auburn tonight. Externally it is true - not a great look … but of course they have no idea what has happened over the last year +. 
…they just see an opportunity to hit AU and talk about how dysfunctional we are…

I've changed my tune on all that. In the past it's usually hacks like Goodman and co attacking us. Easy to write that off as cheap shots. Lately I've seen more reputable people, people I respect, like Cubelic, rip us.

These are people with no personal agenda. Many of them love Auburn. So I'm listening to them. It's deserved. Nothing to do with the Allen Greene situation either. We are just always in the news for the wrong reasons, much of it our own doing. I hope it changes, but fear it won't. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

ESPN and others are bashing Auburn tonight. Externally it is true - not a great look … but of course they have no idea what has happened over the last year +. 
…they just see an opportunity to hit AU and talk about how dysfunctional we are…

Some of the others include very well respected ADs and administrators. Two things can be true at once.  Our University is great but our leadership is a cess pool of dysfunction and drama. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, RunInRed said:

I was berated over a year ago for reaffirming Allen’s contract wouldn’t be renewed.  I don’t post as much anymore about this kind of stuff because honestly it’s not worth the headache.  But now that the news is official, I’m posting not to tell you “I told you so,” but to let you guys know I never had an agenda - I was just sharing what I knew to be solid info.  You probably also ought to consider this your warning shot on what I previously posted about Harsin.

Can you repost what you said about Harsin?

• Like 2

Specifically does anyone know what he did wrong, or was it just a bad fit with the PTB at Auburn. I’m leaning toward the latter. Nevertheless when the athletics department succeeds AD’s get too much credit and when it’s turmoil sometimes they get too much blame. However in any high profile position it comes with the role. I just wonder what can be accomplished at Auburn if all the moving parts can get on the same page.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Specifically does anyone know what he did wrong, or was it just a bad fit with the PTB at Auburn. I’m leaning toward the latter. Nevertheless when the athletics department succeeds AD’s get too much credit and when it’s turmoil sometimes they get too much blame. However in any high profile position it comes with the role. I just wonder what can be accomplished at Auburn if all the moving parts can get on the same page.

He made teams take busses and stay in lower budget hotels during the pandemic

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JerryAU said:

It's nut cutting time for sure. 

There will be a lot of transition in store for AU faithful in the next 6 months. 

Feels like we are always in transition. Tired of it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

I mean... It's kind of true! We are dysfunctional. But we're family dammit. 😂

crying-still.gif

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Some of the others include very well respected ADs and administrators. Two things can be true at once.  Our University is great but our leadership is a cess pool of dysfunction and drama. 

This. It's hard to overlook our history but we also know how great it is when it can be

Just saw the Tennessee AD’s tweet. Super unprofessional. He should catch a fine or something. Also, dripping with irony considering the state of their football program and the violations. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Odd that he didn’t just test him. Put this out there for everyone to see. 

1 hour ago, au302 said:

I've changed my tune on all that. In the past it's usually hacks like Goodman and co attacking us. Easy to write that off as cheap shots. Lately I've seen more reputable people, people I respect, like Cubelic, rip us.

These are people with no personal agenda. Many of them love Auburn. So I'm listening to them. It's deserved. Nothing to do with the Allen Greene situation either. We are just always in the news for the wrong reasons, much of it our own doing. I hope it changes, but fear it won't. 

11 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Just saw the Tennessee AD’s tweet. Super unprofessional. He should catch a fine or something. Also, dripping with irony considering the state of their football program and the violations. 

There has to be more to this given the universal condemnation out there. We basically all knew he was leaving after this fall, so what changed and why was it so off putting?

7 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

I think this happened sometime ago. He was a no-show to a tiger unlimited golf tournament supposedly and had not been seen in his office in months. 

That was actually the third time he was a no-show in his office etc. The first two times he blamed on Covid, and was told to get his be-hind back to work!

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

6 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Students loved him, players in the big 2 sports seemed to love him. Real shame to lose out on a guy with the charisma he had 

I would think it’s an absolute we get more of a good ol boy type replacement 

Just some thoughts: maybe showing up for work, doing your job, doing what you’re supposed to could’ve helped him keep his job. He has interviewed and applied for several positions and has been turned down. Other schools he wanted an interview for, wouldn’t even interview him. That is very telling!

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

6 hours ago, autig90 said:

I doubt it. Greene certainly hasn't been perfect, but I think he's done a pretty good job overall. I also think he has represented Auburn well. I imagine we will hire some good ole boy, and Auburn will look like Auburn. Then Harsin gets fired after this year (probably for anything less than strong contention for the SEC title), and we hire someone with 'Auburn ties' and the s*** show continues. SMH.

You don’t think last season, recruiting, assistant coaches, off season and coordinators were a S*** show?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

6 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Whether it was because of ADAG or not, we’ve had an insane amount of success in the sports that were once auxiliary before him. Best state of the men’s basketball program EVER!!! 

Pearl was hired by Jacobs, Pearl and Greene don’t always get along. 

6 hours ago, RunInRed said:

I was berated over a year ago for reaffirming Allen’s contract wouldn’t be renewed.  I don’t post as much anymore about this kind of stuff because honestly it’s not worth the headache.  But now that the news is official, I’m posting not to tell you “I told you so,” but to let you guys know I never had an agenda - I was just sharing what I knew to be solid info.  You probably also ought to consider this your warning shot on what I previously posted about Harsin.

Yup!

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

An army Lieutenant general won't typically be a disaster in anything they choose to undertake, especially one that has been the director of the Defense Intelligence Agency.

There also not ones who like BUll Sh*t

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AUwent said:

What did he say?

Greene was gone, which everyone knew except for about a half a dozen people on here. (claiming it was racism, hate, etc. etc. etc.) The guy has been interviewing for jobs since about his 14 to 18 month point at AU. Doesn’t show up for work etc.

Also, with the dumpster fire, train wreck that is Brian Harsin, this will most likely be his last season, unless he really surprises and impresses people.

In other words: Red was giving them common sense, that they just didn’t wanna hear.

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 3
  • Dislike 1

5 hours ago, abw0004 said:

He wouldn’t be bad.  What a lot of people don’t realize is a lot of the good decisions that people think AG made the last 1.5 years of his tenure was actually Burgess.  Not a home run name but I think we would be happy.

^THIS^

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PoetTiger said:

Tried to order avocado toast at Waffle House. Clearly not an Auburn man.

• Haha 5

15 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Thank you but it sure looks like some Auburn "faithful" want it to be. To each his own opinion but I said a long time ago that Greene was a nice guy but over his head as Auburn AD. He did himself in. I wish him the best but glad he is gone.

Met and talked to him briefly on four different occasions, once over dinner. He was always incredibly nice and gracious to my family and me. Bottom line is, he shouldn’t have been hired in the first place and he was in over his head!

Edited by AU-24

Didn't the entire world know he was gone like 2 years ago? 

I had been hearing he knew his contract wouldn't be renewed for years, thus him testing the waters here and there. 

He was an AD in name only for at least a year and there doesn't seem to be any hard feelings on either side. He's happy to leave, we are happy for him to. It's literally the most amicable Auburn split to have ever occurred. 

Save face, move on. 

• Like 2