Who Should Be AUs next AD?

aucanucktiger

Carla Williams, former asst AD at Georgia & Vandy, current AD at Virginia. Homerun hire Pearl would especially love, she knows southern fan bases, has worked with good ole boys like Yellawood and she's been very successful at what she does. Just my opinion. Yours?

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Carla Williams, former asst AD at Georgia & Vandy, current AD at Virginia. Homerun hire Pearl would especially love, she knows southern fan bases, has worked with good ole boys like Yellawood and she's been very successful at what she does. Just my opinion. Yours?

Someone with that type of background and resume would be great. But my opinion is the decision for the next AD has already been made, or at least been whittled down to a couple of internal names. I hope I’m wrong about that. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m hoping it’s Randy Campbell.  He’s been a successful business owner, AU fundraiser, and knows football.  Since he’s an Auburn man I think he’d get more autonomy in running the AD than an outsider, at least I hope so.

• Like 4

You throw a ton of money at Les Snead if you want to win. He's our version of Scott Woodward for LSU. I know he's got a great job, but money talks. Just like how Woodward was at $$$ station A&M and LSU, in broke Louisiana, was still able to get him.

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

99 % sure you aren't wrong. 

I know. I was being kind. 😅

Hey Auburn Family!  Just letting you know that one of the AD candidates is my cousin John Hartwell and he would be a perfect fit for Auburn.  He was the AD at Troy and now he is the AD at Utah State.  This past year, Utah State won conference championships in Football, Volleyball and Gymnastics and the coaches were all hired by John.  John is a lifelong Auburn fan and comes from a family full of Auburn grads and (more importantly) Auburn fans.  He is a perfect Southern gentleman that knows how to work hard and represent Auburn the right way.  He was born in Mobile, AL and was an All-State basketball star at UMS-Wright and a 3-year starter at the Citadel.  There is not another man that will work harder than him to make Auburn Athletics great again.  He believes in family, church, athletics and loves Auburn.  If anyone has an inside track to put in the good word for John Hartwell...  please do.  War Eagle! 

Kent Hartwell       

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I don't think I would count out the lady who has the interim AD job either. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TigerHorn said:

I don't think I would count out the lady who has the interim AD job either. 

I’d happily take her.

Right on que, SI (having nothing better to do) is all over our AD search and dedicated an entire story mocking the Disney V.P for TV ($6 Billion annual budget) showing interest in being our next AD. He's a '95 AU grad and, er, president of the Los Angeles Auburn Club. Not giving them click bate here. 

56 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Right on que, SI (having nothing better to do) is all over our AD search and dedicated an entire story mocking the Disney V.P for TV ($6 Billion annual budget) showing interest in being our next AD. He's a '95 AU grad and, er, president of the Los Angeles Auburn Club. Not giving them click bate here. 

SI is now a joke. Their sales are in the toilet. I got it growing up from 1981 to 1992. It’s a Joke of a sports mag now. 

• Like 3

If we do hire USU’s AD, I REALLY hope he doesn’t hire their HC if a search is needed. Flattened by FCS Weber State last night.

Edited by AUwent

15 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Looking like we’re going to make a transition hire and go after a long term solution next year.

We already have an interim, so not sure why she shouldn’t be that “transition hire.”

12 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Why? Auburns compliance department has been stellar.

Auburn is required to compete with other schools for recruits with compliance departments that are not worried about making themself famous. Rich is more worried about telling students working for the athletic department they can’t give a player a pencil in class than helping auburn be competitive. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1