Who Should Be AUs next AD?

aucanucktiger

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Will isn't going to come no where near AU with Rich in charge of the AD. No coach worth the damn will. People have no idea how many problems Rich has caused over the years. I'm talking about things that aren't even illegal. Then the asshat gets all the credit for Cam and he did everything in his power to sit Cam before the uga game. Jay made the call to play Cam. 

People better wake up and start paying attention if they want to have competitive football and yes basketball teams. 

So what would you like to see?  What's the answer here?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

For folks who know. I’m genuinely curious how realistic is this choice?? 

She's an Auburn grad who has expressed a lot of love for AU. I'm not sure if she's still interested but I believe she was last time.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

One that can unite the money and make it rain cash. 

Yup. Vital for NIL.

52 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

One that can unite the money and make it rain cash. 

Well yeah. Who would that be besides, you know, not McGlynn? I assume McKenna? Give me her or even Randy Campbell.

What's frustrating is that our NIL situation was seemingly improving.

I read somewhere that the interim AD cannot be made full time AD. Hopefully that's true. Also that Bruce likes McGlynn. We'll see how that changes if he can no longer recruit because McGlynn refuses to let us put up the $. 

How long is the search for a full timer expected to take? Because we might as well just guarantee Harsin a third year (or promote Caddy if he leaves voluntarily), really don't want McG making that choice.

Also, you say that people better "wake up and start paying attention." If you're referring to fans, what can we realistically do, boycott?

Edited by AUwent

12 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Well yeah. Who would that be besides, you know, not McGlynn? I assume McKenna? Give me her or even Randy Campbell.

I read somewhere that the interim AD cannot be made full time AD. Hopefully that's true. Also that Bruce likes McGlynn. We'll see how that changes if he can no longer recruit because McGlynn refuses to let us put up the $. 

How long is the search for a full timer expected to take? Because we might as well just guarantee Harsin a third year (or promote Caddy if he leaves voluntarily), really don't want McG making that choice.

Also, you say that people better "wake up and start paying attention." If you're referring to fans, what can we realistically do, boycott?

I think you are going to quickly find out people positions change based on who they like and who they are comfortable with. We see it all the time on this forum. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

I think you are going to quickly find out people positions change based on who they like and who they are comfortable with. We see it all the time on this forum. 

I don’t dislike Rich at all. But his ways are outdated. He wants to be the model by which programs run according to the NCAA. He’s got way too much influence from a position that is there to keep colleges out of trouble. Advise. 

Robert’s might have a muzzle on him now? It does seem Bruce did give the blessing to do this short term. Which is good to hear. 

I’m for anyone who will combat the bama’s and uga ‘s. Help. Raise cash. If you play in the grey area, make it right like all other compliance departments do. Don’t bend over for the NCAA like Rich has since he has been here. You help the coaches navigate not hamper. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I don’t dislike Rich at all. But his ways are outdated. He wants to be the model by which programs run according to the NCAA. He’s got way too much influence from a position that is there to keep colleges out of trouble. Advise. 

Robert’s might have a muzzle on him now? It does seem Bruce did give the blessing to do this short term. Which is good to hear. 

I’m for anyone who will combat the bama’s and uga ‘s. Help. Raise cash. If you play in the grey area, make it right like all other compliance departments do. Don’t bend over for the NCAA like Rich has since he has been here. You help the coaches navigate not hamper. 

I’m not talking about you . I meant CBP. If this guy’s mindset is truly like that , this seems more extreme than the last guy. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, AUwent said:

That is the big question? Don’t know. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I’m not talking about you . I meant CBP. If this guy’s mindset is truly like that , this seems more extreme than the last guy. 

If CBP is Bruce, I’m told he is untouchable. His blessing is given for all decisions in the AD right now. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

That is the big question? Don’t know. 

Jimmy freakin' Rayne.  

If we're gonna' go, why not go big?  Just turn the whole dadgum thing over to him, I would assume he'd pea his size 60" pants to take it.

Edited by PowerOfDixieland
  • Dislike 2

1 minute ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Jimmy freakin' Rayne.  

If we're gonna' go, why not go big?  Just turn the whole dadgum thing over to him, I would assume he'd pea his size 60" pants to take it.

why not talk cook into bankrolling the best of the best for us? unless it has changed he has way more moeny than mr rane.

3 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Jimmy freakin' Rayne.  

As AD? The dude runs a mult 100 million dollar company. Jimmy isn’t the boogie man he’s made to be. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

why not talk cook into bankrolling the best of the best for us? unless it has changed he has way more moeny than mr rane.

Not even close 50.   Rane is upwards to 900 million 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Guys like Cook aren’t going to bankroll AU. It’s pretty much against where they work and what they do. The Tom Cooks give and have buildings named after them. They don’t fund buying players with NIL. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Not even close 50.   Rane is upwards to 900 million 

i assume you are agreeing? i thought cook was worth billions. ignore this is i did not understand correctly.

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i assume you are agreeing? i thought cook was worth billions. ignore this is i did not understand correctly.

Cook is just the CEO.  He doesn’t own apple.   Just a guess, but I would think he is 100 million 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aubaseball said:

Cook is just the CEO.  He doesn’t own apple.   Just a guess, but I would think he is 100 million 

thank you!

13 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

If CBP is Bruce, I’m told he is untouchable. His blessing is given for all decisions in the AD right now. 

Which makes sense as he is the most successful. I just think it would be a tad bit hypocritical to be green lighting this guy if he does have the affinity towards the NCAA like it is being said . Now if he used is knowledge in compliance to maximize our opportunities by pushing the envelope just enough , that is different.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aubaseball said:

I stand corrected.  That was his salary.  His estimated worth is 1.5 billion.   You were correct 

i finally won one! lol with me getting senile that is huge.......lol

GSW is huge and privately held.  This means Jimmy doesn't owe a fiduciary duty to anyone like shareholders.   He can spend GSW's money however he sees fit without regard to shareholder wishes. AND, GSW has literally given multi-millions to AU in advertising and other areas.   GSW gives money to AU, and Jimmy personally gives money to AU.  Apple is publicly traded.   Tim Cook, as CEO, must always act in the best interests of Apple's shareholders when he spends Apple's $$$.   It would NOT be in Apple's best interests to spend money on AU or any other singular college program.   Arguably they could spend say $100,000 on each of the top 25 programs and justify the expenditure.   But, Tim can spend any of his person net worth, estimated at $1.5B -- about the same as Jimmy, on AU.  The problem is that to date, he hasn't been as generous as Jimmy.   Anytime anyone complains about Jimmy, I think they should also consider just how much money he has given to AU over the past say 30 years.  I would guess that no one donor has given more.   Maybe even more important, you can question Jimmy's, or anyone's, decision making -- but you can't question his heart.  He genuinely loves Auburn -- which is why he sends so much of his treasure to AU.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1