A needed read...

bigbird

Agreed, the JABA thing is tired and worn out at this point. A generic and lazy response catch all phrase. Great article that could clear up some things for folks. 

• Like 5

What's more worn out and detrimental to this school is the term Auburn man. Nothing has hurt us more imo. This notion that we are better than everybody else has really set us back

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

What's more worn out and detrimental to this school is the term Auburn man. Nothing has hurt us more imo. This notion that we are better than everybody else has really set us back

Yes that’s another generic one as well, success= Auburn man, failure/negativity = not Auburn man. Using the AU creed as a measuring stick has also become a lazy comment to make. I know quite a few fellow AU folks that don’t match up to the creed. It’s like that at every large University. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

This might all be true but auburn people aka “the family” needs to stop trying to personally ruin people. Auburn folks love to act like the plains is different than any other institution when in reality we all act the same. You don’t like AG? Cool that is fine. You want to critique I’m of his shortcomings? Wonderful, that is fair game but invalidate rumors and such needs to be called out. It is embarrassing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

40 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lol now we like scarbinsky?

Whether you like him or not is irrelevant. As long as his writings are thought out and legitimate, who he is doesn't matter. 

Don't let bias of a writer, politician, coworker, etc overrule useful and quality thoughts. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

This might all be true but auburn people aka “the family” needs to stop trying to personally ruin people. Auburn folks love to act like the plains is different than any other institution when in reality we all act the same. You don’t like AG? Cool that is fine. You want to critique I’m of his shortcomings? Wonderful, that is fair game but invalidate rumors and such needs to be called out. It is embarrassing.

Especially the rumor part. Time and time again people run with rumors and when it comes out stuff wasn't true nobody steps up and be an adult and own's it. Just stop talking or actually I've seen one bad rumor where the thread was locked and a few posts were modified and a few deleted and then people pretend.

Some people say stuff it's moderated other people say stuff it's literally enforced as it has to be true......that's crazy

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GunsmithAU said:

Whether you like him or not is irrelevant. As long as his writings are thought out and legitimate, who he is doesn't matter. 

Don't let bias of a writer, politician, coworker, etc overrule useful and quality thoughts. 

No you miss the point entirely, or actually you make it but on the wrong side. Point is when he wrote stuff that most didn't like about Auburn he was a bum and a fraud. Now he writes something most want to hear and he's the glimmering light on what's actually is

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, GunsmithAU said:

His point is y’all need to be consistent. Don’t promote writer because it supports your own narrative. There are writers who are quite reputable outside of what the Auburn fanbase cares for and they can say something that actually does make sense and fans will be like “ he is always out to get Auburn.”

• Thanks 1

I may be one of the few but I always liked Scarbinsky and have posted as such, specifically when he retired from his daily beat with al.com. I didn't always like what I read but it always seemed to be correct. He sometimes held up a mirror to Auburn fans and they didn't like what they saw. You can't fault a man for that, though some like to because it's easier than facing the truth. I don't know AG but until I have a reason to not respect someone I will always give them that. Parting ways doesn't mean there was a bad guy, could be just circumstances that were not conducive to continuing the relationship. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

But we are better. Nothing can change that 

I know! I just wish we could do stuff as to where a statistic metric reflected that 😂

• Haha 4

41 minutes ago, cole256 said:

No you miss the point entirely, or actually you make it but on the wrong side. Point is when he wrote stuff that most didn't like about Auburn he was a bum and a fraud. Now he writes something most want to hear and he's the glimmering light on what's actually is

I've personally always liked his articles and would look for them on AL back in the day.  He has an interesting style about him, kinda poetic in a since.  About the only one I'd look for.  Agreed that most of his hate is because he had said a lot of unfavorable things.  But he speaks truth mostly how he sees it. 

• Like 2

The folks saying Allen Greene was a failure, didn't do anything, and tearing his character and tenure here are totally in the wrong. He had a good run, with good and bad filled in. A lot of success in the sports, and some great turmoil.

At the same time, the folks saying this was personal from Roberts or anything like that are also in the wrong. It's normal for a new President to get his own AD, just like Leath forced out Jacobs and brought in AG. Just the way it goes unfortunately. It's a brutal business.

• Like 3

I never understood when people go after the terms “Auburn men/women” as well as referring to ourselves as a “family.”  That is is no different than any other university when that simply isn’t true.  And that isn’t an elitist comment either.

Every university has a personality that attracts people of like minds to it.  For example, UGA’s personality is drastically different from Auburn.  it’s not a bad thing, just different.  Opposing fans are always welcomed at Auburn and treated like family while not every other school does that.  It is one of those things that to truly understand it you need to have lived in Auburn and be immersed  in it.  A few hours on gameday doesn’t always do it.

Sure, the terms may be used a lot.  I sure do.  But that is the brand, and I am proud of it.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, au302 said:

The folks saying Allen Greene was a failure, didn't do anything, and tearing his character and tenure here are totally in the wrong. He had a good run, with good and bad filled in. A lot of success in the sports, and some great turmoil.

At the same time, the folks saying this was personal from Roberts or anything like that are also in the wrong. It's normal for a new President to get his own AD, just like Leath forced out Jacobs and brought in AG. Just the way it goes unfortunately. It's a brutal business.

I’m behind in rumors and such. Who is tearing his character? How and why? I just kept  seeing vague posts from people here saying he’s not not staying, for at least two years. He seems like a cool dude but besides that I have no opinion about him. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, alexava said:

I’m behind in rumors and such. Who is tearing his character? How and why? I just kept  seeing vague posts from people here saying he’s not not staying, for at least two years. He seems like a cool dude but besides that I have no opinion about him. 

Just the typical stuff. "He's lazy and never went to the office" yada yada yada. Not nearly as malicious as the Harsin stuff, but typical.

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

I'm picking up what you're putting down. 

2 minutes ago, alexava said:

When you have people saying he just wouldn’t come to work and the while decided to interview for jobs instead of prioritize Auburn, that is not only taking shots at someone’s professionalism but also his character. 

We know he interviewed for other jobs but I don’t think this was simply his doing especially since Auburn didn’t cut ties initially. But you got people exclaiming one side of the argument. 

7 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Every university has a personality that attracts people of like minds to it.

Correct and in my industry:

”if you want a theoretical or feasibility study hire a Tech grad”

”if want an estimated cost analysis hire a Bammer grad”

” if you want the damn thing built hire an Auburn Man”

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

When you have people saying he just wouldn’t come to work and the while decided to interview for jobs instead of prioritize Auburn, that is not only taking shots at someone’s professionalism but also his character. 

We know he interviewed for other jobs but I don’t think this was simply his doing especially since Auburn didn’t cut ties initially. But you got people exclaiming one side of the argument. 

I haven't even begun to talk about the biggest elephant in the room........it's crazy how as far as African American men in leadership how they have impeccable references and credentials but when they get here they don't show up for work and stuff like that. And nobody questions it or anything.....the wr coach same stuff happened to him....and when the rumors start up everybody just believes it. 

Then the young talented coaches they always can't coach or are behind mentally. Remember what's his face trooper or whatever his name? Then we had Kodi who is an absolute rock star but when he was here he wasn't that good.....The crap show last year but the one coach let go was the coach that had the most inexperienced group and least talent. 

But I know how it is on here I'm just telling people what's being said and how people are starting to view Auburn slowly but surely. And how teams are negatively recruiting us. 

I know I'm not working at a place where I can go my entire life of doing everything right and somebody can make up the dumbest rumor and nobody says well that goes against his entire career.....but instead everybody will just say well that's not hard to believe

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

It's the hypocrisy of the family thing that's the problem.....and if people don't see how you can't get change and still brag about this guy is a great hire because he's an Auburn man then......ok I guess?