A needed read...

bigbird

16 hours ago, abw0004 said:

This may be a naive/dumb question, but is this really a stereotype of men/women of color?

Yes. Among others. 

18 hours ago, abw0004 said:

This may be a naive/dumb question, but is this really a stereotype of men/women of color?

Only to a very very small number of s***ty people and a larger number of also s***ty people who try to use it to gaslight and screech about things they disagree with. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

11 hours ago, GunsmithAU said:

Only to a very very small number of s***ty people and a larger number of also s***ty people who try to use it to gaslight and screech about things they disagree with. 

Spoken like a true tikki

• Love 1

On 8/28/2022 at 11:49 AM, gr82be said:

I may be one of the few but I always liked Scarbinsky and have posted as such, specifically when he retired from his daily beat with al.com. I didn't always like what I read but it always seemed to be correct. He sometimes held up a mirror to Auburn fans and they didn't like what they saw. You can't fault a man for that, though some like to because it's easier than facing the truth. I don't know AG but until I have a reason to not respect someone I will always give them that. Parting ways doesn't mean there was a bad guy, could be just circumstances that were not conducive to continuing the relationship. 

I couldn't have said it better. All of these media guys aren't out to get Auburn like so many Auburn fans claim. Auburn does alot of things great and I love this school but we also can't seem to get out of our own way alot of times through the years. Cole Cubelic and Takeo Spikes said it on SECN at Media Days. Cole said Auburn has been the most dysfunctional school in the SEC since Pat Dye left in 1992. He said we have our really high years and alot of good but as a whole, we've been the most dysfunctional the past 30 years. And those are Auburn men saying it and agreeing. 

The SEC is as hard now, in all sports, as it's ever been. Our 2 biggest rivals are having the best runs in their football historys. Are BOT, boosters, etc. need to try to keep the waters calm for awhile and get this negative cloud off of us. Hell, just give me 3 years or so without threats of firing people every time we turn around. WDE

I do believe what was said in this article or atleast I wanna believe that maybe we are starting on a path to put Auburn football in the future and turning this around. I guess we will see. Patience is a virtue when being an Auburn fan. Lol. 

• Like 1

On 8/29/2022 at 2:19 AM, au302 said:

Just the typical stuff. "He's lazy and never went to the office" yada yada yada. Not nearly as malicious as the Harsin stuff, but typical.

Only, it’s not a rumor, if it’s true.

In this case, afterconversations with multiple Auburn insiders, it appears that letting Greene go was not short-sighted but long overdue, not the unfortunate result of another internal power struggle but the next logical and necessary step as Auburn seeks to get its proud house in order.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GunsmithAU said:

No idea what that is, but I'll assume it's negative and respond with....

You're mother is a tikki

Typical

This board never ceases to amaze 😂 

But like I've been saying, everyday we get a little closer with this program, it will either adapt and accept change or it will die a death to mediocrity. But right now in state and probably surrounding states we're starting to get a reputation. 

And I guarantee a good ol boy or some traditional Auburn man won't be able to fix it. That's all I'm saying and pointing out

• Like 3

Was he or was he not showing up for work? If he wasn’t, why not? Was not showing up a pattern at his other stops? If so, how was it not vetted during the interview process? If it didn’t occur at his other jobs, why did that behavior only happen at AU? If we’re paying a guy big bucks and he’s not showing up at work, why was he not fired earlier?

Relevant questions for any organization that is serious about performance and accountability. Someone in our administration needs to be asking them and I hope they are. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Was he or was he not showing up for work? If he wasn’t, why not? Was not showing up a pattern at his other stops? If so, how was it not vetted during the interview process? If it didn’t occur at his other jobs, why did that behavior only happen at AU? If we’re paying a guy big bucks and he’s not showing up at work, why was he not fired earlier?

Relevant questions for any organization that is serious about performance and accountability. Someone in our administration needs to be asking them and I hope they are. 

Stuff literally nobody knows but has these outlandish opinions, once again mirror image to the same exact thing that was done to that wr coach. Nobody cares anything about actual character. 

But coincidentally let someone else that looks different or is a hero or whatever go thru something it's no gossiping, no rumors, no talking, just wish them well. 

Then it always turn into that one guy who isn't a person of color getting on a soap box telling people of color how they don't know what they are talking about as far as experiences. 

That's literally the funniest thing about this forum.

Edited by cole256

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Stuff literally nobody knows but has these outlandish opinions, once again mirror image to the same exact thing that was done to that wr coach

And the exact same thing that was done to the head coach.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, nurbis said:

I must have missed it

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Only, it’s not a rumor, if it’s true.

Where is your proof? If you have some and can provide it, I'll gladly accept it and change my tune. And not "an insider/my sources said so". Until then it has not merit.

56 minutes ago, nurbis said:

Actually,  attempts made to insinuate racism on him. Just a tired old trope. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, au302 said:

Where is your proof? If you have some and can provide it, I'll gladly accept it and change my tune. And not "an insider/my sources said so". Until then it has not merit.

“It’s not a lie as long as you believe it’s true”.

Name that quote person! Anybody? 

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Those decision blocks are in the the rear view mirror at this point in time.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Those decision blocks are in the the rear view mirror at this point in time.

You can still learn from oversights and mistakes and do better in the future. The questions are still valid. They are the ones my organization asks when an employee doesn’t work out. It’s how policies and procedures evolve.

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Stuff literally nobody knows but has these outlandish opinions, once again mirror image to the same exact thing that was done to that wr coach. Nobody cares anything about actual character. 

But coincidentally let someone else that looks different or is a hero or whatever go thru something it's no gossiping, no rumors, no talking, just wish them well. 

Then it always turn into that one guy who isn't a person of color getting on a soap box telling people of color how they don't know what they are talking about as far as experiences. 

That's literally the funniest thing about this forum.

I hope you know I believe in AGs character 110%. That’s why I believe the questions need to be asked. I’m making the point that it doesn’t make sense that a man with his acumen and track record stops showing up for work for no good reason. I know if I showed up at work and someone new was placed in my workplace to ‘oversee’ me doing my job, I would starting looking for another job too. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 2

What seems more likely? That a guy who has worked hard and excelled his entire life to make his way up to the pinnacle of his profession all the sudden just quit working? 

Or that he simply wasn't in the office as frequently because of the pandemic, he has many job duties that take place outside of the office, someone was brought in to look over him, there was an unwritten agreement he would be moving on, or any other host of reasons. 

I have no clue what happened, but it strains credulity to believe the guy just suddenly got lazy and quit doing his job for no reason. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I hope you know I believe in AGs character 110%. That’s why I believe the questions need to be asked. I’m making the point that it doesn’t make sense that a man with his acumen and track record stops showing up for work for no good reason. I know if I showed up at work and someone new was placed in my workplace to ‘oversee’ me doing my job, I would starting looking for another job too. 

We posted similar thoughts at the exact same time. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cbo said:

What seems more likely? That a guy who has worked hard and excelled his entire life to make his way up to the pinnacle of his profession all the sudden just quit working? 

Or that he simply wasn't in the office as frequently because of the pandemic, he has many job duties that take place outside of the office, someone was brought in to look over him, there was an unwritten agreement he would be moving on, or any other host of reasons. 

I have no clue what happened, but it strains credulity to believe the guy just suddenly got lazy and quit doing his job for no reason. 

Spot on logic per usual.

• Thanks 1