A needed read...

bigbird

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

I hope you know I believe in AGs character 110%. That’s why I believe the questions need to be asked. I’m making the point that it doesn’t make sense that a man with his acumen and track record stops showing up for work for no good reason. I know if I showed up at work and someone new was placed in my workplace to ‘oversee’ me doing my job, I would starting looking for another job too. 

Yes I understood. And I was agreeing with you and stating even more stuff on top of that, that doesn't makes sense or at the least isn't fair. 

• Like 2

To play devil's advocate, if he's doing a great , why would AU want to let him go? And if he was doing such a good job, why hasn't he been hired by the jobs he's applied for? Yeah, I don't know either. So I'm not condemning anyone at this point. I just can't believe it's a shock to anyone who's been paying attention since he's been interviewing for jobs for quite awhile. FWIW, I thought he was great in interviews in all media. I do know two mid level boosters, one a huge football guy the other a basketball guy. They have very little in common, except they love AU, but normally don't agree on anything as far as processes and decisions by the AD go. And they both have no problem with this decision. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cbo said:

What seems more likely? That a guy who has worked hard and excelled his entire life to make his way up to the pinnacle of his profession all the sudden just quit working? 

Or that he simply wasn't in the office as frequently because of the pandemic, he has many job duties that take place outside of the office, someone was brought in to look over him, there was an unwritten agreement he would be moving on, or any other host of reasons. 

I have no clue what happened, but it strains credulity to believe the guy just suddenly got lazy and quit doing his job for no reason. 

This is literally all I was saying and I was pointing out how it was eerily similar to what happened to the wr coach.....and I was pointing out how this type of stuff is being closely watched and what some people are starting to say about this program and how it's being used to negative recruit.

But of course on this board you can't say anything without a bunch of people coming to defend a situation they know nothing about to having nothing to do with race. You even had one guy make the statement how only there is a very small group of people that are racist and it's much more people who brings up race just to do so.......absolutely nobody was appalled by that statement btw. But look at how many dislikes I will get. 2022......sad

Hopefully the character of this board doesn't represent the actual fan base. It's just funny to me how it's always a white person informing a person of color how their experience doesn't exist. 

Also something to think about how the reaction tends to be when someone actually brings up race.......don't think you will have a bunch of allies. What you will have is a bunch of people who say they are indifferent talk about how they don't think racism exists. But that's another conversation.

Edited by cole256
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, toddc said:

“It’s not a lie as long as you believe it’s true”.

Name that quote person! Anybody? 

Few different people. First one I think is costanza. I believe it's in the wire and maybe even breaking bad as well

21 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Few different people. First one I think is costanza. I believe it's in the wire and maybe even breaking bad as well

Costanza is where I remember hearing first. You win… um nothing though. Sorry 😞 

I think a lot of people actually think this way  today. Hope you’re doing well. When I’m in Florence sometimes I think “I wonder where Cole grew up “! 😆 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cole256 said:

This board never ceases to amaze 😂 

But like I've been saying, everyday we get a little closer with this program, it will either adapt and accept change or it will die a death to mediocrity. But right now in state and probably surrounding states we're starting to get a reputation. 

And I guarantee a good ol boy or some traditional Auburn man won't be able to fix it. That's all I'm saying and pointing out

I may be wrong but this i agree with. I doubt it will be the same ol if we want a successful football program. Some teams are getting general managers. In reference to the transfer portal(free agency), NIL, conference realignment and playoff expansion that's only going to grow the number of GMs we're going to see in CFB. The schools that are treating and operating their football program like a semi pro team will be benefiting. 

Even Vandy has a GM! They know that they're not going to win any battles for commodity players between the big boys in the SEC. Therefore they've hired a guy who knows recruiting, NIL, the players that can qualify academically at Vandy,  point of contacts, knowing who the underrated players are and getting to them fast. I mean yeah..it's Vandy but they're at least thinking outside of the box and have a strategy in place. 

Personally, I do think for some reason AU seems to be a target at times. Other times we do get in our own way. I think other schools see that if we do get our football program on track that we could be a monster. I've always thought that about AU. It's a great school, great location, people are willing to invest in the football program and it's a place filled with A LOT of great people in the community.

We see how Bruce has been able to build upon that and more. If our football program was ever to do the same..that's a serious threat. Maybe that's why we're a target for so many in the SEC. But it's not many other SEC schools who can say they have the ability of winning consistently at a high level. Auburn is very capable of that more years than not.

Edited by WarEagle1983
  • Like 1

I'm sincerely wishing Mister Greene well in his future endeavors and thanking him for holding down the fort for a few years. All the other exposition about Greene, embellishment and aspersion, serves little purpose than to derogate Auburn.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, toddc said:

Costanza is where I remember hearing first. You win… um nothing though. Sorry 😞 

I think a lot of people actually think this way  today. Hope you’re doing well. When I’m in Florence sometimes I think “I wonder where Cole grew up “! 😆 

Westside. Right near UNA's campus. Hope you've been doing well too my brother!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, cole256 said:

And I guarantee a good ol boy or some traditional Auburn man won't be able to fix it.

So. . . our new AD has to be a person of color. Or, perhaps, a woman. Right? I mean, that seems to be the implication you're making, anyway.

4 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

So. . . our new AD has to be a person of color. Or, perhaps, a woman. Right? I mean, that seems to be the implication you're making, anyway.

No it can't be the same ol same ol same thing they always do. Seems like every candidate is they attended Auburn before......

And the AD doesn't have to be black but you absolutely need an African American in a high level position somewhere in this program. It's getting to a point we are uncommonly corny. We are on the cusp of being the sec BYU. 

I find it interesting nobody quotes the people and put words in their mouth saying so we just need a white man in leadership positions to be an Auburn man or to "fit in" at Auburn right? 

I mean that's what you are saying

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

I couldn't have said it better. All of these media guys aren't out to get Auburn like so many Auburn fans claim. Auburn does alot of things great and I love this school but we also can't seem to get out of our own way alot of times through the years. Cole Cubelic and Takeo Spikes said it on SECN at Media Days. Cole said Auburn has been the most dysfunctional school in the SEC since Pat Dye left in 1992. He said we have our really high years and alot of good but as a whole, we've been the most dysfunctional the past 30 years. And those are Auburn men saying it and agreeing. 

The SEC is as hard now, in all sports, as it's ever been. Our 2 biggest rivals are having the best runs in their football historys. Are BOT, boosters, etc. need to try to keep the waters calm for awhile and get this negative cloud off of us. Hell, just give me 3 years or so without threats of firing people every time we turn around. WDE

Well, to be fair, it's grounded in some truth. The state media has always been very pro-UAT, but less so in more recent years, from what I've seen. . . though that has more to do with local newspapers going under than anything else, I believe. But the national media has never been explicitly anti-Auburn. They were pretty hard on us during the Cam Newton fiasco, but that's because it was a hot story about a top notch QB, not because they were really out to get Auburn.

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I would go so far as to say what was done to the head coach was worse

The keeping your job or the implication to have to show concern for the major demographic you coach? I mean that doesn't sound too tough, but I may not know an entire story, because I tend to ignore the rumors that is posted on here

• Like 2

Why can't it just be that it didn't work out with Greene. I mean was he or was he not actively looking or interviewing for other jobs. Maybe it was a mutual thing. It doesn't always have to be some deep,  dark hidden agenda or reason

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

The keeping your job or the implication to have to show concern for the major demographic you coach? I mean that doesn't sound too tough, but I may not know an entire story, because I tend to ignore the rumors that is posted on here

The dragging the man's name and family thru the mud. 

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

The dragging the man's name and family thru the mud. 

What was said and how is that any different than what happened to the AD and the other coach to make it worse

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

What was said and how is that any different than what happened to the AD and the other coach to make it worse

I dont think anyone accused or insinuated Greene or Corn of sleeping with a subordinate.  I know it was all rumor and message board fodder,, but that's all we have on Greenes departure as well, alot of people throwing crap on the wall to see if it sticks

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I dont think anyone accused or insinuated Greene or Corn of sleeping with a subordinate.  I know it was all rumor and message board fodder,, but that's all we have on Greenes departure as well, alot of people throwing crap on the wall to see if it sticks

Here is my take on Greene ...which BTW means nothing.... It was reported that he was interviewing for other jobs. Maybe true, maybe not.... But how do we know he would even sign a contract extension with AU???. If he is looking at other jobs , maybe it's as simple as he wasn't happy at AU... 

22 minutes ago, cole256 said:

No it can't be the same ol same ol same thing they always do. Seems like every candidate is they attended Auburn before......

And the AD doesn't have to be black but you absolutely need an African American in a high level position somewhere in this program. It's getting to a point we are uncommonly corny. We are on the cusp of being the sec BYU. 

I find it interesting nobody quotes the people and put words in their mouth saying so we just need a white man in leadership positions to be an Auburn man or to "fit in" at Auburn right? 

I mean that's what you are saying

It is? Are you sure?

Quite frankly, I'm not sure you aren't correct. About the need to have a person of color in administration, I mean. The aesthetics matter, regardless of what anyone on either side wants to believe. And, frankly, I would rather that the right fit at AD be a person of color; I just don't want skin color to be something that plays a role in the actual decision one way or the other.

But, Cole, come on man. I'm not sure you've made a post on here that wasn't either (a) implying racial bias on some level, or (b) suggesting that your understanding of sports is superior to the rest of us. Or, no, I can't say that, because there was the one that you admitted to not knowing as much about baseball as some might (which, come to think of it, might still have racial pretext, as baseball has far more Caucasians at its highest level than football or basketball), but you consistently either cry foul about racial injustices, real or perceived (and I am NOT saying none of them are real, please don't misunderstand), or else act like your opinion is more valid.

It's like, if I don't agree with you, it's because I'm white and don't understand. I mean, is that what you think?

• Like 3

17 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

Our 2 biggest rivals are having the best runs in their football historys.

God forbid we try to make things easier for ourselves and only play one every year, but I digress.

14 hours ago, AU-24 said:

In this case, afterconversations with multiple Auburn insiders, it appears that letting Greene go was not short-sighted but long overdue, not the unfortunate result of another internal power struggle but the next logical and necessary step as Auburn seeks to get its proud house in order.

I generally agree with this. I don't like the idea of TJ being the frontrunner, though I'll admit that he could at least get everyone on the same page. However if the Steele rumor is actually true (I'm skeptical), then I might just buy into the conspiracy theories lol.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

This is literally all I was saying and I was pointing out how it was eerily similar to what happened to the wr coach.....and I was pointing out how this type of stuff is being closely watched and what some people are starting to say about this program and how it's being used to negative recruit.

But of course on this board you can't say anything without a bunch of people coming to defend a situation they know nothing about to having nothing to do with race. You even had one guy make the statement how only there is a very small group of people that are racist and it's much more people who brings up race just to do so.......absolutely nobody was appalled by that statement btw. But look at how many dislikes I will get. 2022......sad

Hopefully the character of this board doesn't represent the actual fan base. It's just funny to me how it's always a white person informing a person of color how their experience doesn't exist. 

Also something to think about how the reaction tends to be when someone actually brings up race.......don't think you will have a bunch of allies. What you will have is a bunch of people who say they are indifferent talk about how they don't think racism exists. But that's another conversation.

Did Greene's firing have to do with race? I don't know. 

What I do know is that it is worth an honest discussion. More than a lot of what is discussed on here. But that's not possible on here because ...

We have a lot of posters who balk anytime race is mentioned. Who think it's impossible that race could be a factor in Alabama in 2022. Who seem to be more passionate about shouting down discussions of race than anything else. With all that's going on in the world, this is their important stance. They are telling on themselves. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

40 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

That's not what he said at all. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

It is? Are you sure?

Quite frankly, I'm not sure you aren't correct. About the need to have a person of color in administration, I mean. The aesthetics matter, regardless of what anyone on either side wants to believe. And, frankly, I would rather that the right fit at AD be a person of color; I just don't want skin color to be something that plays a role in the actual decision one way or the other.

But, Cole, come on man. I'm not sure you've made a post on here that wasn't either (a) implying racial bias on some level, or (b) suggesting that your understanding of sports is superior to the rest of us. Or, no, I can't say that, because there was the one that you admitted to not knowing as much about baseball as some might (which, come to think of it, might still have racial pretext, as baseball has far more Caucasians at its highest level than football or basketball), but you consistently either cry foul about racial injustices, real or perceived (and I am NOT saying none of them are real, please don't misunderstand), or else act like your opinion is more valid.

It's like, if I don't agree with you, it's because I'm white and don't understand. I mean, is that what you think?

This is something you keep pushing for whatever reason. You can have your opinion but I don't do anything you don't do as far as stating an opinion. I don't post stuff saying I know more, I post stuff saying I don't know less. There's a difference. If anybody pushes they know more than everyone it's the forum you are a mod on. You guys push that you know more behind a pay wall because you have guys that know more that post it on there. I seriously doubt you follow any of them and keep telling them they feel like they know more than everybody else.

If there's anything I do I guess some would consider bad is I post I told you so's and that's because I get so many insults when I go against the grain that of course I'm going to remind the people that called me stupid or suggested I didn't know what I was talking about what they said.

Once again mods on here and admin just literally did the exact same thing. 

• Love 1

9 minutes ago, cbo said:

Did Greene's firing have to do with race? I don't know. 

What I do know is that it is worth an honest discussion. More than a lot of what is discussed on here. But that's not possible on here because ...

We have a lot of posters who balk anytime race is mentioned. Who think it's impossible that race could be a factor in Alabama in 2022. Who seem to be more passionate about shouting down discussions of race than anything else. With all that's going on in the world, this is their important stance. They are telling on themselves. 

Was he fired? His contract wasn't renewed... How do we know he would sign an extension? Perhaps he wanted out of AU as bad as AU wanted him out.. Rumors had it he was actively interested in other AD jobs

Also here's the thing, on this very forum I have great relationships with people who don't always agree with me. We have debated and we are still cool with each other. If I really did what you suggested NOBODY on here would be able to stand me. 

Pretty much the majority of people that don't like me on here are the people that get so mad that I'm not afraid to talk about race. I can't think of too many that have actually just talked to me that dislike me. 

But I'm not afraid to be the board villain. I tell people all the time my profession is to challenge the thoughts of some of the smartest people in this country, I'm certainly going to speak my mind and challenge thoughts on a football forum. It's not a big deal. I've only gotten personal with maybe 3 people on here. Maybe less than that

• Love 1