Finley named starting QB

GunsmithAU

Cautiously optimistic. The team is behind him. He has looked more mobile (thinking his ankle nagged him earlier than we knew).

We don't need him to be great just decent. Solid run game and some basic passing mixed with a good defense can win. 

Our Vegas odds are 5.5 wins. I still lean towards the over. Expect to see all three quarterbacks in game one.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Wait, how do we know the QBs weren’t told a while ago? Not trying to argue, just curious about the info.

We don’t know…

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Harsin told ESPN and Low tweeted Jr before Harsin told the QBs or the team

🤡 move by our HC. Great start to the season

How would you possibly know that

• Like 1

Before the start of summer he was the last person I wanted to see named quarterback. That is the truth. But after reading all the reports from the pay sites this summer, he is simply the best of the group. I wish him good luck this season! Now let’s go beat Mercer. 

• Like 1

He clearly has been the leading candidate during Fall camp. Good to see it announced and let’s go win some games. 

• Like 1

Time to get behind Finley. He put in the work, earned the job... He won't complete every pass and will undoubtedly throw a pick or 2..... Folks need to understand He ain't perfect. But as usual, I'm sure the board will melt down at the 1st sign of adversity.    GIVE THE GUY A CHANCE!!!!!

• Like 1

Good for him. Now let’s the beat the living hell out of Mercer and SJSU and hopefully someone on this roster will be ready to lead the team against PSU whether it’s TJ or someone else. 

3 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Before the start of summer he was the last person I wanted to see named quarterback. That is the truth. But after reading all the reports from the pay sites this summer, he is simply the best of the group. I wish him good luck this season! Now let’s go beat Mercer. 

I felt the same and kind of still do. I thought our only hope was for Ashford to rise from the Ashes. 

17 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Cautiously optimistic. The team is behind him. He has looked more mobile (thinking his ankle nagged him earlier than we knew).

We don't need him to be great just decent. Solid run game and some basic passing mixed with a good defense can win. 

Our Vegas odds are 5.5 wins. I still lean towards the over. Expect to see all three quarterbacks in game one.

I thought to myself the starter against Mercer will not be the starter against PSU but could be wrong. 

Have no idea what to expect. TJ could be a solid SEC QB with a bad OL or he could be a poor QB with a bad OL. Still throwing my hands up. Have absolutely no clue what to expect in the next month. 

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I felt the same and kind of still do. I thought our only hope was for Ashford to rise from the Ashes. 

Ashford definitely came a long way and continues to progress..

• Like 3

I remember watching Cam Newton in the Spring game and thinking he was awful.

Never entered my mind that he would be a serviceable quarterback much less win the Heisman.

This team needs for TJ to be much improved and just maybe he is. Not expecting another Heisman winner

but I wasn't expecting it in 2010 either.

37 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Wait, how do we know the QBs weren’t told a while ago? Not trying to argue, just curious about the info.

Because reporters have talked to TJ. Ashford, and Calzada and they didn't know anything was official when the tweet was made

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

How would you possibly know that

Just now, W.E.D said:

Because reporters have talked to TJ. Ashford, and Calzada and they didn't know anything was official when the tweet was made

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

First incomplete pass watch what happens

Unfortunately we already know

Just now, W.E.D said:

If that is true, that’s an amateur move by Harsin. I just can’t see how there would be a possibility of something like that happening. Harsin was a QB. And it seems like the marketing department would have him give some kind of notice, so they could draft up stuff. I don’t know sh*t about all that, though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, au302 said:

Let's go. Everyone get behind him 100%. We all know where we all stand with our thoughts on him as a QB. Time to ride, for better or worse.

I agree. He deservs our full support.

Edited by Tigerbelle
  • Like 4

Hope this offensive line can adequately protect him. Good for him for doing all the hard work to get to this place. He has  gobs of physical talent. High ceiling, IMO, but he’s going to need time to operate. Otherwise, we may see Ashford, and if so it will likely speak more to the condition of our line than the play of Finley. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Harsin told ESPN and Low tweeted Jr before Harsin told the QBs or the team

🤡 move by our HC. Great start to the season

I find that hard to believe, where are you seeing this? Not saying you are wrong 

Just now, Didba said:

I find that hard to believe, where are you seeing this? Not saying you are wrong 

Twitter, on3, etc

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If we can get to 7 or 8 wins, I'll be satisfied. I envision a lot of drinking this season. Auburn Football always loves to test the limits of my liver. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, CodeRocket said:

I remember watching Cam Newton in the Spring game and thinking he was awful.

Never entered my mind that he would be a serviceable quarterback much less win the Heisman.

This team needs for TJ to be much improved and just maybe he is. Not expecting another Heisman winner

but I wasn't expecting it in 2010 either.

And the first couple of games he was pretty shakey

• Like 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

Twitter, on3, etc

Gotcha. Thanks