Finley named starting QB

GunsmithAU

I’m hopeful for and about TJ. I think he can be an All-SEC type QB. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not as surprised that Finley took the QB1 job due to his increased knowledge of the offense and hard work on his fundamentals in the offseason. Congrats to TJ too. To me the real story is that Ashford took QB2 away from Calzada, according to other sites. I have a feeling the final competition unofficially continues through the first 2 games. 

• Like 8

Good to see and read that TJ made improvements in certain areas and has the coaching staff and teammates support, let's go win some damn games!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

If he plays that well I will be very, very shocked and very happy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CodeRocket said:

I remember watching Cam Newton in the Spring game and thinking he was awful.

Never entered my mind that he would be a serviceable quarterback much less win the Heisman.

This team needs for TJ to be much improved and just maybe he is. Not expecting another Heisman winner

but I wasn't expecting it in 2010 either.

Please let TJ be TJ and Cam be Cam. Only thing they may have in common is the spring game but under different staffs. Even that u can’t really compare because TJ has been on campus way longer.

Good luck to TJ

Edited by e808

8 minutes ago, tsande07 said:

In case you missed it, lol...

You are welcome for the gif.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Harsin told ESPN and Low tweeted Jr before Harsin told the QBs or the team

🤡 move by our HC. Great start to the season

Source for your rumor?

1 hour ago, CodeRocket said:

I remember watching Cam Newton in the Spring game and thinking he was awful.

Never entered my mind that he would be a serviceable quarterback much less win the Heisman.

This team needs for TJ to be much improved and just maybe he is. Not expecting another Heisman winner

but I wasn't expecting it in 2010 either.

There was a huge difference. Cam had solid QB development with Malzahn. TJ, not so much..

image.gif.7a94d6aab36405a7efd902a9c71905f9.gif

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

If we can get to 7 or 8 wins, I'll be satisfied. I envision a lot of drinking this season. Auburn Football always loves to test the limits of my liver. 

I just want AU to not look like a joke of a program and end the season on a good note and win a notable bowl game. Not asking for much but that’s like pulling teeth for this program smh

Edited by WFE12
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

I just want AU to not look like a joke of a program and end the season on a good note and win a notable bowl game. Not asking for much but that’s like pulling teeth for this program smh

That was one of the biggest improvements and biggest differences to me.  Under CBH, even when we lost, we looked competitive...minus the MSU game.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

That was one of the biggest improvements and biggest differences to me.  Under CBH, even when we lost, we looked competitive...minus the MSU game.

Even still I can’t get the 5 straight losses out of my head. I know Bo got hurt but the team was still solid enough to win at least two more games. I’m feeling indifferent on Harsin rn. Don’t hate him or love him but this team should start 5-0..now what happens from then on we’ll see. Hearing the “culture” stuff will get more tiring if he doesn’t stack some wins.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aubearcat said:

I'm with you. Folks can laugh emoji all they want. Whether he is all SEC caliber or not. Just solid improvement will go a long way 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I'm with you. Folks can laugh emoji all they want. Whether he is all SEC caliber or not. Just solid improvement will go a long way 

Right! We know Craig, Campbell, nor Cam is walking on the field. Command of the O, getting us out of bad plays and keeping turnovers to a minimum. Unfortunately for some, that still won't be enough!

4 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I know he had some struggles last season but he was in a totally different system and style of play. Had always been in a shotgun/spread style offense. Was a highly rated recruit when he signed with LSU. Transferred to an offense that is a more pro-style with some under center play. He threw some inaccurate passes at times but he also threw some beautiful passes that with better WR would have been completions. He has all the talent in the world. 

• Like 1

Nothing against TJ, but this is a surprise. I hope he has developed some mobility since last Fall.

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Because reporters have talked to TJ. Ashford, and Calzada and they didn't know anything was official when the tweet was made

I really hope that didn't happen....n if he did that he literally isn't a good leader period

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I really hope that didn't happen....n if he did that he literally isn't a good leader period

It's been confirmed by reporters that they all 3 hadn't heard anything from Harsin when Low tweeted it out 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

I went back and watched his spring game and it's no where bear as bad as most act like. He looked solid. If he can continue his development from there, I think he should be good enough to win 8 games. Hopefully he can continue to develop throughout the season

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Let’s go TJ! Let’s go tigers! Let’s go CBH.  It’s on.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I went back and watched his spring game and it's no where bear as bad as most act like. He looked solid. If he can continue his development from there, I think he should be good enough to win 8 games. Hopefully he can continue to develop throughout the season

I’m optimistic he will. In interviews, he’s seemed very straightforward in acknowledging the need to get better at his deficiencies and he’s apparently backed those words up. I’m really happy for him actually and a great lesson to everyone in being humble, taking an honest assessment of yourself, and then doing what it takes to reach your goal. I’m pulling for him for sure. 

Edited by NoALtiger
  • Like 1