Finley named starting QB

GunsmithAU

26 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

It's been confirmed by reporters that they all 3 hadn't heard anything from Harsin when Low tweeted it out 

Insignificant except for those looking for a reason to hate Harsin or bad mouth Auburn. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Dislike 1

37 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I really hope that didn't happen....n if he did that he literally isn't a good leader period

Bit of a stretch.  Players think he's a great leader.  

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

Bit of a stretch.  Players think he's a great leader.  

It's not a stretch at all. If he goes to the media without talking to his team they will not trust him. Not a good leader. Yes guys that stayed think he is there are a bunch who doesn't. 

But I'm just telling people how it is in a locker room. You can wait for someone else to say it but you lose either thing in the locker room you will fail.

Trust and respect. Every single time

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It's not a stretch at all. If he goes to the media without talking to his team they will not trust him. Not a good leader. Yes guys that stayed think he is there are a bunch who doesn't. 

But I'm just telling people how it is in a locker room. You can wait for someone else to say it but you lose either thing in the locker room you will fail.

Trust and respect. Every single time

I have a very difficult time believing the story came from Harsin (assuming it’s true that the media were notified prior to the players). But you are spot on about how that would read to the players. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I have a very difficult time believing the story came from Harsin (assuming it’s true that the media were notified prior to the players). But you are spot on about how that would read to the players. 

Yeah that's why I said if this is true.....I'm going to give this the benefit of doubt because it's too much of a clown move

• Like 4

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Played stiff competition to secure the job.

#HardForHarsin

• Like 1

6 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Harsin told ESPN and Low tweeted Jr before Harsin told the QBs or the team

🤡 move by our HC. Great start to the season

6 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

How would you possibly know that

Mikey, Jr.

5 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

If we can get to 7 or 8 wins, I'll be satisfied. I envision a lot of drinking this season. Auburn Football always loves to test the limits of my liver. 

Drinking and drugs . I mean bbq and sweet tea ..

7 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I am glad a decision has been made and I will support him 100% but I have a feeling who does best in the 1st two cupcake games will really be the deciding factor. This is assuming we take care of business in these games if we don't take care of business it will be a long season. I am hoping that TJ has taken the next step and that we take care of business and we surprise the world.

If Mercer gives us a run…God help us.

8 hours ago, GunsmithAU said:

T.J. Finley has won Auburn's starting quarterback job, sources told ESPN.

The Tigers open the 2022 season on Saturday against Mercer. Coach Bryan Harsin is expected to officially name Finley as the starter within the next 24 hours.

The 6-foot-7, 250-pound Finley had been competing this preseason with Oregon transfer Robby Ashford and Texas A&M transfer Zach Calzada for the starting job after Bo Nix transferred to Oregon this offseason. Finley started the final three games for Auburn last season after Nix suffered a season-ending ankle injury and came off the bench in the second half in Week 4 to rally Auburn past Georgia State for a 34-24 victory

5hChris Low

Power 5 predictions: Conference champions, top players and key storylines

2dMark Schlabach

The 20 teams that can make the College Football Playoff

3dHeather Dinich

After starting his career at LSU, Finley transferred to Auburn following the 2021 spring semester. He started in five games as a true freshman at LSU in 2020 and was 2-3 as a starter.

In 14 career games, Finley has thrown 11 touchdown passes and six interceptions to go along with two rushing touchdowns. He's the only returning quarterback from Auburn's team a year ago.

Harsin has been impressed this preseason with Finley's improved command of the offense under first-year coordinator Eric Kiesau. Finley's ability to extend plays gives him an added dimension, and he's also been more accurate as a passer.

Did anyone really expect anything different ? I mean He started at AU last year. I know we thought the transfer from A&M would make a move but he is trying to learn a new playbook with new teammates . TJ has qualities if the OC plays to his strengths and the line does there job. Our biggest problem last year was our OL and the injuries suffered. TJ is a year older and a year wiser. Hoping he has a great year for Auburn’s sake. 

Edited by Eagle Eye 7

3 hours ago, kennypowers said:

Insignificant except for those looking for a reason to hate Harsin or bad mouth Auburn. 

His own players are lying to the media?

You think it is insignificant the QB room hears from ESPN confirming yhr starting job vs directly from their HC?

2 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Why? Harsin has consistently been a direct source for ESPN. 

I think we see healthy amounts of Ashford in games 1/2. Coaches are gonna want to keep pushing TJ while also see what he can do live 

3 minutes ago, Didba said:

F2F5E835-EC30-4CF7-A419-F8C174B5C481.png

I thought you wanted to move on??

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I thought you wanted to move on??

Still do. Was just posting the source since you hadn’t. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Didba said:

Still do. Was just posting the source since you hadn’t. 

I literally said on3.

Hoke confirmed it with Calzada and I believe via Twitter one of the AL paper reporters or al.com best guys confirmed it with Ashford and TJ that they hadn't been told anything 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I literally said on3.

Hoke confirmed it with Calzada and I believe via Twitter one of the AL paper reporters or al.com best guys confirmed it with Ashford and TJ that they hadn't been told anything 

I know, sorry, I misspoke, I know you stated the source when I asked. I was just posting the screenshot for people that were dubious. 

We good, I have no beef with you. Maybe some smoked pork and a couple beers but no beef 

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1