Finley named starting QB

GunsmithAU

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

At some point you have to use common sense judgment. The proper order of operation should go Head Coach and OC know, QB’s know, team knows, marketing department knows, media knows. Any way you look at this, if the QB’s didn’t know first, it was a mess up. 

No, we don’t know that Harsin leaked it directly for a fact, but Harsin is in charge and if Keasau leaked it, it’s still Harsin’s responsibility. If someone besides those two leaked it, then it didn’t go in an order that is respectful of the guys. 

It doesn’t matter. Nobody got hurt. But it does highlight the lack of organization within the program.

Either way, it's middle-school drama that doesn't deserve the attention it's getting.  I'll wait for actual facts.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

The guy who tweeted it has been our HC's outlet for giving "his side" of the story while in mexico, other "antonymous" quotes, did a completely unneeded follow up story in April with him....and I believe was the one who broke the story that Auburn hired him.

It's not a difficult jump.  Only a tiny group knew about it.

Ok, so no facts to confirm the source at this time. But, I hear what you're saying and understand the dots you're trying to connect.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Did anyone really expect anything different ? I mean He started at AU last year.

Yeah, but Calzada started at Texas A&M last year. And he actually won a game as a starter, too, so a lot of people thought he was the odds on favorite, including yours truly.

However, seeing the talk about Harsin and whether he has the locker room or not made me think about the fact that the team has been behind TJ since last season. Contrast that with Harsin trying to take Bo aside and mentor him about how to lead the team, because he'd picked up some bad habits under the previous administration.

We will see how much difference there might be.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

Ok, so no facts to confirm the source at this time. But, I hear what you're saying and understand the dots you're trying to connect.  

Who else would it be?  Harsin has long been Low's direct source to Auburn.  He's the one that made the decision and knows.  If it's not him then Key leaked it without his Boss knowing?  That's almost even worse.

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Harsin has long been Low's direct source to Auburn.

Not saying you're wrong, but how do you know Harsin is Low's "direct" source? 

Also, is it possible that a reporter might, I don't know, have more than one source?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Hopefully it's a speed bump we can get past.

But it's a long line of countless self inflicted wounds that has happened since last October.  Nearly all avoidable.  As @DAG likes to say, we need football games to start.  Luckily we're close

Yep. The more time we have , the more time it is easy to critique and get frustrated. So ready for this weekend !

• Like 3

1 hour ago, toddc said:

No need for name calling guys. C’mon man.

For real.

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

The guy who tweeted it has been our HC's outlet for giving "his side" of the story while in mexico, other "antonymous" quotes, did a completely unneeded follow up story in April with him....and I believe was the one who broke the story that Auburn hired him.

It's not a difficult jump.  Only a tiny group knew about it.

We don't know for certain yet, but I see your logic. No matter what it is weird though for me its more likely to be an ant hill than a mountain.

47 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Also, is it possible that a reporter might, I don't know, have more than one source?

I think he is going off the quotes Harsin gave to ESPN while on vacation

47 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

If it wasn't him it was the OC.

The thing is, Harsin has made it a habit to use Low for many stories.  It's either Key or the person that has talked to Low constantly.

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yep. The more time we have , the more time it is easy to critique and get frustrated. So ready for this weekend !

I told my wife last night, this will be a long week. As excited as I have ever been for Auburn football.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

The thing is, Harsin has made it a habit to use Low for many stories.  It's either Key or the person that has talked to Low constantly.

We don't know for sure, so I wouldn't state it as fact but its a good assumption as of this moment.

However, I was just thinking the way they graded the QBs out in chart form, its possible that say a GA/assistant was privy to those charts saw that TJ had the highest grade of the last fall practice and leaked it to Low.

Doubtful but I am just trying to provide other possibilities of how it could have been leaked.

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Based upon what? If I had to guess, Low's source is not actually a *coach*, they're just on the staff. As far as I know, the actual coaches don't spend much time communicating with the media outside of press conferences, which are public.

I feel bad for Ashford and Calzada. Imagine transferring to a new school to try to fulfill your dream, working and competing hard, and then you don't even get a conversation before it's on social media. However it happened, it's disrespectful and a bad look. 

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, cbo said:

I feel bad for Ashford and Calzada. Imagine transferring to a new school to try to fulfill your dream, working and competing hard, and then you don't even get a conversation before it's on social media. However it happened, it's disrespectful and a bad look. 

For once we agree.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/28/2022 at 1:17 PM, gr82b4au said:

Before the start of summer he was the last person I wanted to see named quarterback. That is the truth. But after reading all the reports from the pay sites this summer, he is simply the best of the group. I wish him good luck this season! Now let’s go beat Mercer. 

just curious.....what does it cost to access the top three pay sites?

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Guys I think Ashford and Cal will be okay lol. We have too much times on our hands. 

No one said they wouldn't be. They probably knew it was coming.

It still wasn't handled properly. And that stuff does matter. 

• Like 3

How many people do you think were in the room when the final decision was made on a QB? It’s extremely doubtful it was just Harsin nor just him and the OC. If and big IF the rumors are true is it not plausible for it to have been one of the 5-10 other guys in the room to have slipped the info? Could have even slipped the info to someone else who then gave to Lowe…..just sayin 

Just now, cbo said:

No one said they wouldn't be. They probably knew it was coming.

It still wasn't handled properly. And that stuff does matter. 

Bro, I am not going to do this with you today. I am done arguing. You can have this. I am ready for football now.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

If Harsin leaked it. That's a major issue. 

If it was key or another coach, f that's a major issue. 

If it was someone, why did they know before the QBs C) it's still a major issue. 

Leaking things like this gets people fired. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Love this!

I just hope it's actual improvement and not just talk. We should easily get 2-3 passing TDs this week. That will go a long way in helping him in the minds of the fans.