Finley named starting QB

GunsmithAU

1 minute ago, AU80cruiser said:

You just got the "Sail" part wrong and maybe add a "ling" to the other word.

Boatling?

Watching interviews.  Harsin clearly understand development.  I think we will all see a noticeable change in size, speed, and conditioning in our guys. 

This excited me about TJ.

TJ interviewed brilliantly, and it appears something has clicked.  Attitude and confidence riding high.  

One of those special 10+ win seasons.  Feel it.  

Edited by kennypowers
  • Like 6
  • Love 2

Finley won it fair and square. According to Auburn media, Calzada didn't really do anything to win the job or anything really bad either. He was just kinda vanilla. Ashford had really impressive moments but he just lacks experience.

We have a defense we can lean on this season, run the ball with our beast in the backfield and I feel Finley will be ok. His footwork has improved alot and Harsin said he is really stepped up and leading. If we can run the ball and hit some 18+ yards shots to keep them honest, we will be ok. We have to stay out of 3rd and long and cut down on the short fastballs that are at the WR feet. 

If you think back, the 3 games TJ started last year, we were in every game and I feel would've won them if he didnt have the hurt foot. It seemed like he had a lingering lower leg injury that got worse as the 3 games went on. Our 3 losses were all really close losses by 10 points total. We have 2 cupcakes to start and our first 5 are home games so that will give TJ, our players and our new coordinators some confidence and a loud Jordan Hare to help them.

We will be ok guys. WDE

Edited by TeamZero77
  • Like 7

11 hours ago, Didba said:

Dude Golf just said two hours ago to chill out on the cursing, do you want a temp ban? Golf loves swinging that ban hammer

For the record I've never ban any member given vacation yes but never banned. And Mr Oracle was given a vacation by another mod/admin but I wouldn't have hesitated if I had seen his post first for inappropriate Content/Language/Evading Filters. That was a terrible attempt to evade filters and all this over the naming our starting QB some people need to grow up or at least act like it. It concerns me the season hasn't even started and a few members are going bat-crazy already its going to be a long long long season at this rate.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

On 8/29/2022 at 7:26 AM, W.E.D said:

It's been confirmed by reporters that they all 3 hadn't heard anything from Harsin when Low tweeted it out 

Color me shocked.

20 hours ago, kennypowers said:

Sounds like you just hate Harsin and want as many people to hate him as well.  Nobody knows anything until it's addressed...still then, may not know.  To assume Harsin is a POS and can't be trusted because of this moment that may or not be his fault...I think you're just an angry person that takes advantage of turbulent moments to get people to "think" the way you do.

Yes, I’m 100% confident this wasn’t Harsin’s fault. I mean he’s done so many things, so well since he’s been hired at Auburn.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 3
  • Dislike 1

48 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

For the record I've never ban any member given vacation yes but never banned. And Mr Oracle was given a vacation by another mod/admin but I wouldn't have hesitated if I had seen his post first for inappropriate Content/Language/Evading Filters. That was a terrible attempt to evade filters and all this over the naming our starting QB some people need to grow up or at least act like it. It concerns me the season hasn't even started and a few members are going bat-crazy already its going to be a long long long season at this rate.

Appreciate what you do 

• Dislike 1

That was one of the most impressive player interviews I've ever seen.  It's easy to see why this guy is a leader.

(Love the quip at the end re Brahm's piloting one of his private jets. ;D)

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

Color me shocked.

Everyone's making a big deal out of the ESPN announcement. Nathan at 247 had a story up right after. It got leaked or some folks jumped the gun but this stuff happens. I'm sure the Coach wouldn't have preferred it be told to his guys that way. He's very protective of information, even on injuries and likes to keep things from the media when he can. At the end of the day, TJ is the starter and we all saw it coming. 

Edited by Randman5000
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

Finley won it fair and square. According to Auburn media, Calzada didn't really do anything to win the job or anything really bad either. He was just kinda vanilla. Ashford had really impressive moments but he just lacks experience.

We have a defense we can lean on this season, run the ball with our beast in the backfield and I feel Finley will be ok. His footwork has improved alot and Harsin said he is really stepped up and leading. If we can run the ball and hit some 18+ yards shots to keep them honest, we will be ok. We have to stay out of 3rd and long and cut down on the short fastballs that are at the WR feet. 

If you think back, the 3 games TJ started last year, we were in every game and I feel would've won them if he didnt have the hurt foot. It seemed like he had a lingering lower leg injury that got worse as the 3 games went on. Our 3 losses were all really close losses by 10 points total. We have 2 cupcakes to start and our first 5 are home games so that will give TJ, our players and our new coordinators some confidence and a loud Jordan Hare to help them.

We will be ok guys. WDE

You cannot lean on defense in 2022 unless you have UGA talent 2021.

51 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

Uh, false.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Well said...

deputydangerous-pbr.gif

Enjoy, numnuts

• Like 2

12 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

I have to admit I wasnt feeling our QB room but this video makes me feel better hearing TJ saying he understands what he's up against. And he's up for the challenge.

I've always been impressed by TJ since he arrived at Auburn, and its fun to see him take the next step in his development. I appreciate his attitude, and his honesty, especially talking about his insecurity when Calzada and Ashford transferred here. He knew he had a mountain to climb to win this job, and it sounds like he put his head down and decided he was going to do whatever it takes. I also appreciate him admitting that he wasn't ready last season - either mentally or physically. These are things that leaders do. Hope he blossoms on the field as much as he has personally. He certainly has the attitude you want in a QB. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I've always been impressed by TJ since he arrived at Auburn, and its fun to see him take the next step in his development. I appreciate his attitude, and his honesty, especially talking about his insecurity when Calzada and Ashford transferred here. He knew he had a mountain to climb to win this job, and it sounds like he put his head down and decided he was going to do whatever it takes. I also appreciate him admitting that he wasn't ready last season - either mentally or physically. These are things that leaders do. Hope he blossoms on the field as much as he has personally. He certainly has the attitude you want in a QB. 

Very well said. :clap:

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

He's a good mix of humble and confident. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Auburn93 said:

Leaning on a defense and relying on a defense to win games is different. Georgia had one of the greatest defenses in college football history last season and you know I wasn't meaning that we have an all-time defense. Leaning on a defense is when you know that your defense will keep you in nearly every game. Leaning on a defense is when your offense is sputtering for the 1st 3 quarters and you have to ask your defense to step up and keep making stops so that the offense can hopefully figure it out enough in the 4th qtr or your kicking game can do enough to win. Pretty much what Auburn has done since 2016, minus the 2017 season. We lean on our defense and our kicking game to keep us in the game while our offense tries to get going. 

Just my opinion but if we can lean on our defense and get key stops and a turnover or 2 during the game then we can control the clock (as much as possible in this day and time of quick strike offenses) with our running game and also use our tight ends to get 5 yards and almost be an extension of our running game (Mike Leach uses short tight end passes and views this as his running game since he rarely runs the ball), then if TJ can hit the occasional 18+ yard pass to just keep the defense honest and if he can limit turnovers and 3 and outs then I really think we can have a 9-3 year and get a good bowl game. 

I never said this style will win or contend for a Natty like Georgia, all I said is we will be ok and we will. WDE

• Like 1