Auburn vs. Mercer Score Prediction

Zeek

AuburnVsMercer.jpg

Who? Auburn (0-0) vs. Mercer (1-0)

What? Our first football game of the season and first home game. Bryan Harsin's second season. Kiesau and Schmedding's first game as coordinators for SEC programs.

When? September 3rd, 2022 6:00 PM CST

Where? Jordan Hare Stadium (Auburn, AL)

Why does this game matter? Auburn obviously can't afford to lose their first game against what should be a cupcake opponent. We need to see how TJ Finley looks at QB1, how will the OL look, our DL will look to show their potential, and for the first time in a long time we'll see a linebacker group without stalwart Zakoby McClain hunting down runners.

Zeek's score prediction: Auburn 45 - Mercer 14

What do you think? Any stat line predictions? 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, tigerchris said:

30-24 

Might have a new head coach mid-season if that's the case.

Just now, Mikey said:

27-10

Glad we're starting out so positive 😁

15 minutes ago, Zeek said:

AuburnVsMercer.jpg

Who? Auburn (0-0) vs. Mercer (1-0)

What? Our first football game of the season and first home game. Bryan Harsin's second season. Kiesau and Schmedding's first game as coordinators for SEC programs.

When? September 3rd, 2022 6:00 PM CST

Where? Jordan Hare Stadium (Auburn, AL)

Why does this game matter? Auburn obviously can't afford to lose their first game against what should be a cupcake opponent. We need to see how TJ Finley looks at QB1, how will the OL look, our DL will look to show their potential, and for the first time in a long time we'll see a linebacker group without stalwart Zakoby McClain hunting down runners.

Zeek's score prediction: Auburn 45 - Mercer 14

What do you think? Any stat line predictions? 

Like that score. I'll go 42-13. Defensively we need to limit their RB(#5) & who seems to be their top WR Ty James(Kid looks GOOD). Look for our backfield to have 250 yards rushing. TJ won't need to do much but will play well into the 3rd.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Y'all need to pep up on your projections for this offense lol. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have no idea.

So many unknowns all over the place...coming off a chaotic offseason. 

If I had to make a prediction I'd go with 37-13 . 

Mercer did just pound MoreHead State 63-13 last week so they've already had a warmup game and at least have a pulse. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 2

Idk how to feel about that game honestly. They got some decent players on that Mercer offense

Edited by Sizzle
  • Like 1

AU > Mercer 

11 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Slow start from the offense leads to a close game in the first half. We pile on in the second. 

I think Mercer gets the full wrath of the off-season we had, and it's ugly from the start. 

• Like 5

56-6

7 sacks

3 turnovers

Edited by kennypowers
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

I think Mercer gets the full wrath of the off-season we had, and it's ugly from the start. 

Same. I think we blow their backs out. Our team should have some rage and something to prove.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

56-6

7 sacks

3 turnovers

I, too, think we score in the 50’s, but probably give up 2 scores.  56-13

Our OL should have enough talent advantage against Mercer to get the ground game going, so I like your prediction. If this game is interesting, we've got problems. 

No idea what to expect from the team to start the season. But i don't think Mercer has the players in the right spots to expose our weak spots. Our DL should give them enough problems up front that our new LBs and secondary guys can get things figured out. And our OL should be able to open a few creases for the RBs to get through. As long as the turnover bug does not bite hard i'm not very worried. 

AU 42 

Mercer 17

• Love 1