What are you most looking forward to Sat evening

LPTiger

11 hours ago, Didba said:

I am really looking forward to firing up my offset smoker, buying a pack of cold beer, throwing a pork loan onto the smoker and then watching football all day.  Then at 6pm take the  meat off to rest and settle in for a fun four hour ride to a shut out win by them Auburn Tigahs!

I have plenty in the freezer but….I will also be firing up BGE (Friday night because of the likely 16-18 hour cook time) to cook some Boston butts. Opening weekend of football just demands the smell of hickory smoke and pulled pork. Bourbon will get involved but hopefully not until Saturday evening 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, fredst said:

I have plenty in the freezer but….I will also be firing up BGE (Friday night because of the likely 16-18 hour cook time) to cook some Boston butts. Opening weekend of football just demands the smell of hickory smoke and pulled pork. Bourbon will get involved but hopefully not until Saturday evening 

Ugggggggggghhhhh....

That was on the horizon for us before this last week. Hopefully we can get it done for PSU.

• Sad 1

On offense, I want to see a team that is physical enough to impose their will on 3rd and short.

On defense, I want to see a huge pressure on 3rd and long.  You can't throw a 15 yard pass if you only have 2 seconds to set and throw.

For the past 5 years, 3rd downs have taken a huge toll on my mental health.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, fredst said:

Geez, that is a long cook.  On my Oklahoma Joe offset I do a Boston butt in maybe 8-10 hours, a brisket in 12 hour.  But as a stick burner it burns hotter than a green egg,  I probably go through 4-5 logs of pecan/hickory/post oak when doing a full smoke.

Pork loin only takes about 5 hours since I only cook it to 160 degrees internally. No fat to render so you gotta be careful with it.  My wife isn't a fan of dark meat pork so I only do Boston butts when she isn't home or my Dad is in town.

46 minutes ago, Didba said:

Geez, that is a long cook.  On my Oklahoma Joe offset I do a Boston butt in maybe 8-10 hours, a brisket in 12 hour.  But as a stick burner it burns hotter than a green egg,  I probably go through 4-5 logs of pecan/hickory/post oak when doing a full smoke.

Pork loin only takes about 5 hours since I only cook it to 160 degrees internally. No fat to render so you gotta be careful with it.  My wife isn't a fan of dark meat pork so I only do Boston butts when she isn't home or my Dad is in town.

Try to keep the pit temp 220-230 and cook to meat temp of 200. If it goes well it will absolutely melt in your mouth. And, makes the whole neighborhood smell tasty

I'm most looking forward to football being back, personally.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fredst said:

Try to keep the pit temp 220-230 and cook to meat temp of 200. If it goes well it will absolutely melt in your mouth. And, makes the whole neighborhood smell tasty

Yeah, that's my method for briskets and butts. I normally wrap in butcher paper around 160-70

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rednilla said:

I'm most looking forward to football being back, personally.

I will be at the Cincy vs Arkansas game . We need football back badly 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Didba said:

I am really looking forward to firing up my offset smoker, buying a pack of cold beer, throwing a pork loan onto the smoker and then watching football all day.  Then at 6pm take the  meat off to rest and settle in for a fun four hour ride to a shut out win by them Auburn Tigahs!

Didba, I know you are young lawyer, no need to buy pork on loan, I will happily buy you plenty with no credit............

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, LPTiger said:

Didba, I know you are young lawyer, no need to buy pork on loan, I will happily buy you plenty with no credit............

This is amazing😂

my-man-my-man-denzel.gif.27d217c7b2048189c0f459bfef486c5d.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The aftermath of night 1 and listening to how the transfer portal has created more parody.   And that no matter how much we think we know, we don't know anything and this season could get crazy. 

11 hours ago, kennypowers said:

The aftermath of night 1 and listening to how the transfer portal has created more parody.   And that no matter how much we think we know, we don't know anything and this season could get crazy. 

KP, I saw yesterday that nearly half of Div 1 starting QBs are transfers.

• Like 1

1. A dominating win.

2. A solid OL performance, creating running lanes and great pass pro.

3.  Efficient mistake free QB play.  I don't need to see heroics from this position just solid play.

4.  Disciplined execution.

5.  Smart decisions/calls from the HC, OC and DC.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LPTiger said:

KP, I saw yesterday that nearly half of Div 1 starting QBs are transfers.

That is crazy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SRBautigerfan said:

1. A dominating win.

2. A solid OL performance, creating running lanes and great pass pro.

3.  Efficient mistake free QB play.  I don't need to see heroics from this position just solid play.

4.  Disciplined execution.

5.  Smart decisions/calls from the HC, OC and DC.

Love this list. Also glad it is in this thread and not “Call Your Shot…” or @bigbirdwould be all over your a**

• Like 1

On 9/1/2022 at 9:28 AM, woodford said:

A new attitude

I don't think a lot of people take into account just how critical the attitude and leadership on a team is.  You CANNOT win solely with talent and schemes.  You have to be one unit.  Our guys are bigger, faster, stronger, and more bound than an Auburn team has been in quite some time.  The talent is there...this is Harsin's defining season.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, fredst said:

Love this list. Also glad it is in this thread and not “Call Your Shot…” or @bigbirdwould be all over your a**

Raising Head To Look GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

- Bird -

Edited by kennypowers
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, fredst said:

What can I say...some people can understand what they read. 😁

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

giphy.webp

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I hate to use the nuclear option here but I will: this reads like something Mikey might type. Just sayin’…..

Edited by fredst
  • Sad 1