*Official Auburn vs. Mercer Game Thread*

abw0004

Harsin is not playing around this year. Apparently Ashford and Calzada were taking snaps on the sideline while TJ was standing around. He's gotta leave no stones unturned this year

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You are correct, but I somewhat want the way the QB was protected from criticism last year to continue......But there's no way I'm not going to be able to not criticize stuff lol

Bo took massive s*** from the entire fan base. He was also the obvious best choice.

That doesn't mean he wasn't also bad, just not as bad. 

Just now, W.E.D said:

Correct. 

He made one awful read on the first int. Second was horrifically under thrown. Should have been a TD

But he made other good reads and passes.  Deep passes too

Right 90% of the people on the forum has said that. Why are you tagging Cole in things to get people riled up? Lol. It really is just unnecessary bro.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Jesus. A tackle vs a perfect 25 yard pass dropped.

It's wild how ppl want to just root against a guy. Imagine if this was Bo, @cole256

I think it was @DAGI said this too but I told him if it was me I would come out and just throw short passes like the previous QB. I wouldn't give anybody any ammo on me lol

5 minutes ago, GunsmithAU said:

Yes they will praise him when he meets the expectations. 

He had a 40yd deep ball to #6 and yall s*** on him claiming he didn't do it.

But OK. Your mind is made up bc he played bad last year

12 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I think Robby’s only downside is lack of playing time 

Could play to his benefit. He hasn't been scouted. TJ apparently is TJ. Not hard at all to prepare for. 

As far as we know, Ashford has the element of surprise. Not to mention being a threat on the zone read opens up the entire offense. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GunsmithAU said:

Bo took massive s*** from the entire fan base. He was also the obvious best choice.

That doesn't mean he wasn't also bad, just not as bad. 

No Bo didn't. Gtfoh. There was literally a no talk about Bo thing going on here. And he was much worse in some games, we just let him get his feel under him and get better (rightfully so I might add) it's crazy to try to kill a QB off of one game

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Hopefully everyone is crying about that Bad under throw

Not sure what you're trying to do here. It's Finley's second year and he threw 2 awful picks against Mercer. 

We've never seen Ashford before. It's literally his first game on the roster. All he's done is gained chunks running the ball and thrown the best deep pass we've seen around here in years in his first series throwing the ball. Of course people are going to react to that. 

• Like 4

In the games where the competition is equal or u the underdog  turnovers normally decides who wins and who loses. U have to avoid putting the defense in bad situations and value the ball

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Could play to his benefit. He hasn't been scouted. TJ apparently is TJ. Not hard at all to prepare for. 

As far as we know, Ashford has the element of surprise. Not to mention being a threat on the zone read opens up the entire offense. 

Good thinking. Good point. Kudos, you usually don't catch this in game threads

1 minute ago, au302 said:

Harsin is not playing around this year. Apparently Ashford and Calzada were taking snaps on the sideline while TJ was standing around. He's gotta leave no stones unturned this year

Ashford came in for the 3rd down conversion (which I thought was thrown low). But I'm glad Harsin left him in to see what he could do (which was the long pass and TD drive). I'm also glad he kept him in for the next series. Gotta go with the hot hand, IMO. 

26 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

TJ not doing himself any favors tonight. 

He looked pretty good for awhile, on both short and long balls. He has enough knowledge of Harsin’s offense maybe he will keep improving.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

He had a 40yd deep ball to #6 and yall s*** on him claiming he didn't do it.

But OK. Your mind is made up bc he played bad last year

I haven't said anything about his not throwing a dime earlier. Get your s*** right if you're going to argue and not look like a fool. 

He played bad last year. His bad play has continued to this year. Do we need to get a big whiteboard from the library to help you visualize how simple this is?

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Right 90% of the people on the forum has said that. Why are you tagging Cole in things to get people riled up? Lol. It really is just unnecessary bro.

Because the two of us agree on the subject. Me tagging @cole256isn't riling anyone up