How Auburn fans reacted to QB Bo Nix's performance against Georgia

aubiefifty

this will probably be removed and i can understand but some of the auburn fan comments are gold............

When former Auburn quarterback Bo Nix transferred to Oregon, many circled the Ducks' week one matchup against defending national champion Georgia to see what the Tigers lost.

While at Auburn, Nix went 0-3 against the Bulldogs, throwing one touchdown and two interceptions. Nix transferred to Oregon after the conclusion of the 2021 season that saw Auburn go 6-7 while losing its last five games.

Nix's father, Patrick, played quarterback for the Tigers from 1992-95 and is head football coach at Central-Phenix City High in Alabama.

Bo Nix struggled against the Bulldogs on Saturday in his first start for Oregon, going 21 for 37 for 173 yards with two interceptions in a 49-3 loss. Nix was the Ducks' leading rusher with 37 yards.

Auburn fans on social media seemed mostly relieved that Nix is no longer their starting quarterback.

QuarterbackTJ Finley discusses improvements after being named Auburn football starting quarterback

Live Updates Auburn football game score: Tigers vs. Mercer live updates

Bo Nix has thrown 2 picks in the first half and there’s not a hole in my wall

Progress🙏

— de🅿️ressed Auburn Fan (@AuburnHatesMe) September 3, 2022

Everyone looked at Auburn fans crazy when we said Bo Nix was the problem. Now Oregon is experiencing what Auburn had to deal with when he was QB1 there.

— Henny Hardaway 🥃 (@Henngodd) September 3, 2022

I’m feeling really good about Bo Nix not being in an Auburn jersey anymore

— Big Daddy AU (@Pupperchucks) September 3, 2022

Bo Nix gonna start his last season like he started his first season. Getting Oregon beat in the season opener.

🦚🅿️at Dye’s Flask - Home of the Barnin’ Harsins (@PatDyesFlask) September 3, 2022

Bo Nix threw zero interceptions for Auburn today

— Jeff Jenkins (@jjenkins90) September 3, 2022

I feel very vindicated as an Auburn fan watching Bo Nix play in this Oregon Georgia game

— Lauren (@Laurparkerr) September 3, 2022

This article originally appeared on Montgomery Advertiser: Auburn football fans react to Bo Nix's start against Georgia

• Haha 1

Here’s my takeaway: Georgia fans are OBSESSED with Bo Nix

Edit: also reaffirmed my belief that he should’ve never gone to Auburn. He should have gone somewhere where he could’ve gotten real QB development with half the pressure. 

Edited by woodford
  • Like 6

He needed to not go to Oregon simply because of the UGA game. 

I think Bo will do fine at Oregon, but I'm not gonna act like I'm sad he's gone. I'll take what we have now without his drama any day of the week. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

i loved bo until he supposedly did the prima donna thing and it soured me. i guess i have a love /hate relationship with the young man.i hope he does well because i hope everyone always does well in life. and if i ever find out he did not sell auburn out for some kind of special demands  then i will ease up. i wish him no harm i just see him and think oh well. i will say bo has a ton of talent and i believe if he had gotten proper coaching to including his dad i think he would be a serious monster on the gridiron.

• Like 1

Bo Nix is the Jeff Fischer of CFB QBs.  Nothing in his skill set says he is a D1 athlete, yet homeboy keeps getting starting QB opportunities.   

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

Yeah. Let’s get the plank out of our own eye first. Our QB threw two horrific ints against an FCS team. Nix threw one bad pass (the other INT was just a good play by the DB) against arguably the best D in the country. 

Edited by ScotsAU
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, AUCE05 said:

Bo Nix is the Jeff Fischer of CFB QBs.  Nothing in his skill set says he is a D1 athlete, yet homeboy keeps getting starting QB opportunities.   

he has talent if he can keep his emotions under control. and i think coaches all think they would take a chance on him as they might break through and have one of the greats. i would like to add oregon is supposed to have a stellar line so if he was bailing early on their line someone ruined him down the line. well, unless they thoguth he would up his game in college. it happens............

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

Yeah. Let’s get the plank out of our own eye first. Our QB threw two horrific ints against an FCS team. Nix threw one bad pass (the other INT was just a good play by the DB) against arguably the best D in the country. 

Don't be dense.   We have had to hear all off-season how it was AU's crappy OL that caused Bo to be terrible.   Bo throwing shade that he is in a better spot to win a title, blah blah blah.   Pre -game all we heard was this is Bo's best OL.   7 mins in the game we see Bo still can't complete a pass down the middle and has zero touch.   I am not even touching on his mom claiming we were not appreciative of Bo despite us giving him three seasons as a SEC starting QB to derp.    Bo owes us more than we owe him.  

Edited by AUCE05
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

to me one has nothing to do with the other. bo bailed at auburn and tj has been patient and working hard to get a shot. he does not show his behind on the sidelines and none of that.

• Like 1

I don’t understand the dislike of Bo. It really doesn’t make sense to me. I think he was an average QB that could have been very above average in the right situation. He faced several challenges like inconsistency at coordinator with a revolving door of coaches. I truly believe that had Gus and Chad came back for a season 2 together that the offense would have been very dangerous. The offensive staff in Gus’s last year had to deal with COVID so they really didn’t get a true season together. He never had a really talented offensive line for pass protection and the run game wasn’t up to par (that’s on Gus’s lack of recruiting). He should have gone somewhere with better QB development and a more talented supporting cast. He chose Auburn because he loved it, he made a decision with his heart instead of his brain. He probably got way more hate then he deserved imo.

• Like 1

Just now, sevenlee36 said:

I truly believe that had Gus and Chad came back for a season 2 together that the offense would have been very dangerous.

That's hilarious.

• Like 2

Just now, AUCE05 said:

Don't be dense.   We have had to hear all off-season how it was AU's crappy OL that caused Bo to be terrible.   Be throwing shade that he is in a better spot to win a title, blah blah blah.   Pre -game all we heard was this is Bo's best OL.   7 mins in the game we see Bo still can't complete a pass down the middle and has zero touch.   I am not even touching on his mom claiming we were not appreciative of Bo despite us giving him three seasons as a SEC starting QB to derp.    Bo owes us more than we owe him.  

to be fair i think the O coach might not be doing him any favors.  that was a terrible outing for their whole offense. their next game will really be interesting to watch. and again i am not hating ob bo but he did hurt my soul when he left.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

That's hilarious.

Come on, we can hate on the ex girlfriend now but you can’t deny that Gus and Chad were very well respected offensive coaches at one point. I don’t think they woke up and forgot how to coach offense.

Edited by sevenlee36
  • Haha 1

Come on, we can hate on the ex girlfriend now but you can’t deny that Gus and Chad were very well respected offensive coaches at one point. 

KEY WORDS: AT ONE POINT. Gene Chizik was a respected defensive coordinator at one point too. Care to see how he is doing at UNC? Could you even tell me where Chad Morris is at without googling it? Come on man.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

I don’t understand the dislike of Bo. It really doesn’t make sense to me. I think he was an average QB that could have been very above average in the right situation. He faced several challenges like inconsistency at coordinator with a revolving door of coaches. I truly believe that had Gus and Chad came back for a season 2 together that the offense would have been very dangerous. The offensive staff in Gus’s last year had to deal with COVID so they really didn’t get a true season together. He never had a really talented offensive line for pass protection and the run game wasn’t up to par (that’s on Gus’s lack of recruiting). He should have gone somewhere with better QB development and a more talented supporting cast. He chose Auburn because he loved it, he made a decision with his heart instead of his brain. He probably got way more hate then he deserved imo.

i like bo and i said that. i do not like what or how he left auburn. and in fairness i might be wrong. and i am not pulling for him to lose. i just saw a few minutes of that game yesterday and i felt relief he was on a different team. i wish him well. he is a legacy and it could have been his dad making those decisions.

5 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

look most folks are just stating facts. he has a great o line at oregon. he still abandons the pocket early and how many years does it take to get that forty yard bomb right? like i said there are reasons. again i personally hope he does well and becomes a millionaire.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

KEY WORDS: AT ONE POINT. Gene Chizik was a respected defensive coordinator at one point too. Care to see how he is doing at UNC? Could you even tell me where Chad Morris is at without googling it? Come on man.

Last I checked he was in high school, but did you see what the mighty golden knights did to Sc State.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

chad went back to high school did he not? you know rich r is a jax state and he has them looking decent and folks all said he just did not have it anymore.

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

look most folks are just stating facts. he has a great o line at oregon. he still abandons the pocket early and how many years does it take to get that forty yard bomb right? like i said there are reasons. again i personally hope he does well and becomes a millionaire.

It’s a new staff/system let’s give them a few games and judge them from game four to the end of the season. They may suck still but it’s to early to write Oregon and Bo off. 

Edited by sevenlee36
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sevenlee36 said:

Last I checked he was in high school, but did you see what the mighty golden knights did to Sc State.

I did. And? 

And at that high school (Which is a Texas power house) all he did was lose the most games since 2006 and lost the first home game in school history (Previously 84-0). Chad Morris and CGM belong in the non-power 5. Both are back there now. 

It’s a new staff/system let’s give them a few games and judge them from game four to the end of the season. They may suck still but it’s to early to write Oregon and Bo off. 

i really do hope he does well. right now i am thinking he will get a try out and make a few bucks and will be let go. i bet he is a GA and if so i hope auburn gives him his first shot.

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

chad went back to high school did he not? you know rich r is a jax state and he has them looking decent and folks all said he just did not have it anymore.

Winning at the division 1 level and winning in power 5 is a huge difference. That is a huge drop off for someone like Rich Rod but good for him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I did. And? 

And at that high school (Which is a Texas power house) all he did was lose the most games since 2006 and lost the first home game in school history (Previously 84-0). Chad Morris and CGM belong in the non-power 5. Both are back there now. 

That stings. So your not impressed with the golden knights whooping Sc State? Too tough to please, Gus is better off without us.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I did. And? 

i still like gus even tho i was glad when the ride was over. he should do well cus i heard he has a stud qb like we had in nick.