How Auburn fans reacted to QB Bo Nix's performance against Georgia

aubiefifty

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Winning at the division 1 level and winning in power 5 is a huge difference. That is a huge drop off for someone like Rich Rod but good for him.

jax state and company plan to move up to div 1 but i have no idea of the timeline and rich was hired to get them there. shrugs...............

Just now, aubiefifty said:

i still like gus even tho i was glad when the ride was over. he should do well cus i heard he has a stud qb like we had in nick.

He has a transferred athlete playing QB (Per Usual) like he did with Nick. We will see if it produces the same results.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

jax state and company plan to move up to div 1 but i have no idea of the timeline and rich was hired to get them there. shrugs...............

Right and hopefully he does. But at one point of time this was a guy who had an offer to coach at Alabama.

27 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

I don’t understand the dislike of Bo. It really doesn’t make sense to me. I think he was an average QB that could have been very above average in the right situation. He faced several challenges like inconsistency at coordinator with a revolving door of coaches. I truly believe that had Gus and Chad came back for a season 2 together that the offense would have been very dangerous. The offensive staff in Gus’s last year had to deal with COVID so they really didn’t get a true season together. He never had a really talented offensive line for pass protection and the run game wasn’t up to par (that’s on Gus’s lack of recruiting). He should have gone somewhere with better QB development and a more talented supporting cast. He chose Auburn because he loved it, he made a decision with his heart instead of his brain. He probably got way more hate then he deserved imo.

Everybody picked up on Bo’s sense of entitlement when it comes to Auburn football. From his demeanor as a player to his family’s comments it’s clear the Nix’s thought Bo was owed a starting spot and undying adulation from Auburn fans. 

I know he and his family love Auburn. But that doesn’t make you good at football. It doesn’t mean you’re above criticism. At the end of the day, he struggled and instead of looking inward with a sense of accountability, he got frustrated and refused to grow.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Come on, we can hate on the ex girlfriend now but you can’t deny that Gus and Chad were very well respected offensive coaches at one point. I don’t think they woke up and forgot how to coach offense.

Honestly, it really seems like that is what happened after Gus went to bed following the TAMU loss in 2014.

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

Honestly, it really seems like that is what happened after Gus went to bed following the TAMU loss in 2014.

I believe when Saban had the rules changed about allowing the defense time to substitute after offensive plays, that is when Gus’s system was hampered. He used that to his advantage and once the advantage was gone Gus’s offense lost its competitive advantage.

Just now, sevenlee36 said:

I believe when Saban had the rules changed about allowing the defense time to substitute after offensive plays, that is when Gus’s system was hampered. He used that to his advantage and once the advantage was gone Gus’s offense lost its competitive advantage.

That’s not a rule though. Substitution rules never changed IIRC. When one team substitutes, the other team has a chance to do so as well.

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

That’s not a rule though. Substitution rules never changed IIRC. When one team substitutes, the other team has a chance to do so as well.

I think prior, that if the offense didn’t sub then the defense may not be given enough time to sub. So Gus would leave the same offensive players in and run tempo and the defense would be gassed and not allowed enough time to sub. I could be wrong but seems there was change to these rules.

• Like 3

Bo doesn't play defense, and Georgia scored at will.  Bo didn't have a good game, but the Georgia defense is likely to make every offense they play look bad. I'll be rooting for Bo the rest of the year.    I just don't get fans continuing to slam him. He doesn't deserve it. I think he gave us the best he had, and it's not his fault that we let the only NFL caliber QB on the roster languish on the depth chart and transfer to Liberty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUCE05 said:

Bo Nix is the Jeff Fischer of CFB QBs.  Nothing in his skill set says he is a D1 athlete, yet homeboy keeps getting starting QB opportunities.   

Respectfully disagree. Bo Nix has all the physical tools to play the position, according to a variety of coaches and ex coaches on national radio. His mind on the other, hand, is racing way too fast to be a consistent QB. If he could calm it down, he would be money with the run - throw ability he has. I am not sure that will ever happen. 

1 hour ago, sevenlee36 said:

I think prior, that if the offense didn’t sub then the defense may not be given enough time to sub. So Gus would leave the same offensive players in and run tempo and the defense would be gassed and not allowed enough time to sub. I could be wrong but seems there was change to these rules.

That’s still the rule. Play is not stopped for defense to sub UNLESS the offense subs.

1 hour ago, Cardin Drake said:

Bo doesn't play defense, and Georgia scored at will.  Bo didn't have a good game, but the Georgia defense is likely to make every offense they play look bad. I'll be rooting for Bo the rest of the year.    I just don't get fans continuing to slam him. He doesn't deserve it. I think he gave us the best he had, and it's not his fault that we let the only NFL caliber QB on the roster languish on the depth chart and transfer to Liberty.

Except for 40% of his eligibility.

6 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

That’s still the rule. Play is not stopped for defense to sub UNLESS the offense subs.

So if the offense subs then the defense is given 3 seconds (i think) to sub, correct? If so has the 3 seconds always been a rule?

5 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

So if the offense subs then the defense is given 3 seconds (i think) to sub, correct? If so has the 3 seconds always been a rule?

Pretty sure, yes. Could be wrong. But above you said defenses are given time to sub even if the offense doesn’t. That’s not the rule. 

2 hours ago, sevenlee36 said:

Come on, we can hate on the ex girlfriend now but you can’t deny that Gus and Chad were very well respected offensive coaches at one point. I don’t think they woke up and forgot how to coach offense.

Gus just fell asleep and forgot how to coach after he signed that contract that was heavily in his favor…

He is a one read QB. That can work in some levels of college, and I expect it to work well against Pac-12 competition this year depending if his boy Dilly Dilly can make adjustments. But we saw what the downside of that is, as he locked on his first read and threw an ugly pick when they finally had some momentum there.

That said, Finley is the same way. He locked onto his first option twice and the safety read it. The second pick was more of a bad throw, but point stands. He had his second option open on both.

We haven't had a solid QB that has the ability to go through multiple progressions since when? Stidham does it in the little NFL action I've watched from him, but it was Gus's offense where things were pre-determined.