#10 ranked 2020 class revisited

bigbird

On 9/16/2022 at 10:23 AM, fishepa said:

I've come to the realization that Auburn is just a B-/C+ program and has been for awhile.  I don't see that changing any time in the near future.

Finally!!!! Someone being completely honest 

On 9/17/2022 at 9:26 AM, Mikey said:

Why did you attempt to hide the entire 2013 season in your above post? We're talking about this game because you claimed 2017 was Gus's only good season. Over 100 teams started the 2013 season wanting to be in the BCS game and only two made it. Auburn was one of them. Were you dishonest and hoped to hide 2013, or have you suddenly remembered details about one game in a season that you had entirely forgotten about? Which is it?

No one is being dishonest.   You are completely ignoring that the two wins against GA and Bama in 2013 are the luckiest plays Auburn has had since punt Bama punt.   There is no questioning that the Hail Mary pass was nothing short of a miracle (a one in a million play).  The kick return was somewhat less of a miracle but Alabama missed 3 or 4 field goals that game.   In the 2019 win, Alabama played without their 1st round draft pick qb.   Auburn was also the beneficiary of a fluke interception return for 100 yard touchdown.   Just my opinion, but I believe the 2014 team was better than 2013 team, it’s just that Gus showed what kind of a coach he truly was.   2017 was a good team and playing its best football at the right time but an injury to KJ cost them a trip to the playoff’s.  If Gus had recruited better O lineman, he would still be here.   He was a good enough person and HC to go 8-4 most seasons with the occasional great season.   His problem was he didn’t prioritize recruiting what it takes to win consistently at the highest level, Offensive and Defensive lineman!

22 hours ago, aubaseball said:

No one is being dishonest.

He omits 2013 as a good season for Coach Malzahn. He is being either dishonest or very, very forgetful. 12-2 and an appearance in the national championship game is a great season. Period.

As for the rest of your post, they count points on the scoreboard. Good luck, bad luck and so forth are opinions with no bearing on a won/loss record.

37 minutes ago, Mikey said:

He omits 2013 as a good season for Coach Malzahn. He is being either dishonest or very, very forgetful. 12-2 and an appearance in the national championship game is a great season. Period.

As for the rest of your post, they count points on the scoreboard. Good luck, bad luck and so forth are opinions with no bearing on a won/loss record.

So with that logic, yesterday was a great coaches win by Harsin?   Sometimes, wins and loses can be deceiving.   Sometimes, the better team doesn’t always win.   

37 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

So with that logic, yesterday was a great coaches win by Harsin?   Sometimes, wins and loses can be deceiving.   Sometimes, the better team doesn’t always win.   

It's real simple: The team with the most points wins. That's what they count, points and wins. Yesterday Auburn won.

Where did you get the "great coaches win by Harsin" stuff? I haven't seen anybody claim that.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

It's real simple: The team with the most points wins. That's what they count, points and wins. Yesterday Auburn won.

Where did you get the "great coaches win by Harsin" stuff? I haven't seen anybody claim that.

Dude, are you really serious?  I’m pointing out that coaches that are terrible can get a win when luck plays a part in the game.    On one hand, you claim that GUS did a masterful coaching job in the victory against GA (2013) when in reality, it was a miracle play that won the game, just like yesterday.  You are so lame that you say, most points wins the game, no sh$t Sherlock.   I’m pointing out that not all wins look the same.   

18 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

On one hand, you claim that GUS did a masterful coaching job in the victory against GA (2013)

Nowhere did I say that. What I did say is all this nonsense about luck is just that, nonsense. Claiming luck won or lost a game is worthless opinion. It's the scoreboard that counts.

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

Nowhere did I say that. What I did say is all this nonsense about luck is just that, nonsense. Claiming luck won or lost a game is worthless opinion. It's the scoreboard that counts.

Of course it counts on the scoreboard and I’m not disputing that fact, but what it does show is that the coach can’t continue to win consistently on luck.  And I’m not talking about CBH or CGM, I’m talking about any coach.   Their true coaching ability will show itself in the long run.   
Now, what constitutes a long run, 3 years, 5 years, 8 years or longer.   In some cases, it presents itself much quicker.   This my opinion and nothing more, but Harsin is not the guy for Auburn.  Neither was Gus.   After winning a National championship in 2010, I just thought Auburn could have done a better job and gone out and got an established coach.   

I may be wrong (usually am) but I thought AU won the National Championship in 2010 without an established coach. I sure wish folks would quit beating a dead horse and rehashing stuff from years ago that have nothing to do with our current situation. We could sure use more positive, forward looking people on this forum.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, autan said:

I may be wrong (usually am) but I thought AU won the National Championship in 2010 without an established coach. I sure wish folks would quit beating a dead horse and rehashing stuff from years ago that have nothing to do with our current situation. We could sure use more positive, forward looking people on this forum.

And look how he ended up!