Auburn NIL and Recruiting

AUFAN1972

I have seen this week where On TO Victory had received over 10 million $$$ in the first month.  For the dumb, which is me.... How is this money supposed to be used to procure top level talent.  Would someone explain how that $$ is supposed to be used.

I have seen comments from posters say that $$$ won't be the problem in getting Russaw and Smith from Montgomery.  

Edited by AUFAN1972
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, AUFAN1972 said:

I have seen this week where On TO Victory had received over 10 million $$$ in the first month.  For the dumb, which is me.... How is this money supposed to be used to procure top level talent.  Would someone explain how that $$ is supposed to be used.

I have seen comments from posters say that $$$ won't be the problem in getting Russaw and Smith from Montgomery.  

Officially it's not really supposed to be a part of the recruiting process. Unofficially, we can compete in some of these bidding wars we have backed out of in recent recruitments. Feels like we're going the right direction.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AUFAN1972 said:

How is it used unofficially?  Who and how is it offered?

Since offering it as a recruiting inducement is against the rules I don't think we'll ever hear exactly how that part is done. We'll be forced to use our imaginations!

Yella Fella will ride up on a prospect's lawn on his horse and the horse will poop a wad of C-notes. Or something :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

59 minutes ago, AUFAN1972 said:

How is it used unofficially?  Who and how is it offered?

If a program were interested in making something like that happen they might consider taking that player on a golf cart away from other players to a location where they can just so happen to meet a booster who just so happens to be already making a presentation on how he plans to support existing players and deals he's looking to make...

Of course we would never ever make it clear what that kid would possibly get here. Just making generalized statements about the value of a 5* DE. 

• Like 1

Pay the man!

Bidding war to commence immediately 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, surprised at some of the comments here. This should be the hottest thread on this site since it's the key to top tier recruiting now. Yes blue chip recruits are now paid by private groups not directly associated with a college (frickin joke) to play for a college in exchange for their NIL on the college's shirts, ads etc. Harsin didnt buy into it but has come around after last winter's drama, so we're very very late to the game Bama legally used to land 17 yo Bryce Young. 

1 hour ago, AUFAN1972 said:

What is amazing is that I posted this 3 weeks ago and not one Auburn person knows the answer to the original question.

It's also amazing that the folks in charge of getting the $$$ to the recruits apparently don't know either cuase whatever they're doing ain't working.

3 hours ago, AUFAN1972 said:

What is amazing is that I posted this 3 weeks ago and not one Auburn person knows the answer to the original question.

What I think is that anyone who does actually know won't say anything . The NCAA, though toothless these days, still lurks around.