Watch as we break down Auburn’s 2023 QB options

aubiefifty

AL.com recruiting: Watch as we break down Auburn’s 2023 QB options

• Published: Sep. 09, 2022, 12:29 p.m.

NEW!

It’s Week 2 and there are quarterback conversations surrounding Auburn football. On this episode of the AL.com Auburn Recruiting show, sponsored by Inline Lighting, we continue that discussion regarding the 2023 class.

Reporter Nick Alvarez breaks down how the Tigers missed on a few prior targets and, along with sports video and social media producer Patrick Greenfield, provides insight and highlights of where Auburn goes from here.

We also spotlight Auburn High and four-star offensive line commit Bradyn Joiner’s hot start to the 2022 season and how the recruitment of his position is crucial for whoever lines up under center for Auburn next fall.

More Tigers football: Auburn vs. San Jose State TV info, key matchups and what to watch for

Why Auburn’s pass-rush has chance to thrive against San Jose State

5 key questions, a prediction with a San Jose State writer

The Auburn Recruiting Show on AL.com will occur live throughout the season on our social media channels. If you have a recruiting question re: any targets, strategies or flips, please email us at nalvarez@al.com or drop them in the show comment section. Click here for last week’s show. Thanks for tuning in!

Nick Alvarez is a reporter for Alabama Media Group. Follow him on Twitter @nick_a_alvarez or email him at NAlvarez@al.com.

Patrick Greenfield (@PCGreenfield) is a digital sports & social media producer for AL.com based out of Birmingham.

i would expect this to be good but i have not had a chance to watch it yet. let me know if it is in fact a good show and i will post more if they do more.

I think Ashford would be QB1 if Harsin was established and his job wasn't on the line. TJ is the safest option but the lowest ceiling in my opinion. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I think Ashford would be QB1 if Harsin was established and his job wasn't on the line. TJ is the safest option but the lowest ceiling in my opinion. 

is their recruiting show any good? i do not want to post stuff if it does not help

51 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

is their recruiting show any good? i do not want to post stuff if it does not help

I haven't watched them. Mostly On3 now and some friends I have in/around the program.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2022 at 10:05 AM, Zeek said:

I have had thought this too.   But we don’t have enough of a sample size of Robby passing.  His range is that beautiful deep ball against Mercer to the really bad interception against SJSU.   I’m not sure where the norm is on that scale.  
Also, the way TJ responded after his SJSU pick is exactly what you want from your QB.  He was bad up to that point.  He played well after that.  
So, I’m still just not sure about our QB situation.  🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AUinMS9528 said:

Also, the way TJ responded after his SJSU pick is exactly what you want from your QB.

100% right

As far as Robby goes, the plan was for him to run the O but then he threw the INT and the leash got tugged on.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

100% right

As far as Robby goes, the plan was for him to run the O but then he threw the INT and the leash got tugged on.

Yes, and that was a bad INT!   Not that TJ’s INT’s were beautiful or anything, but Robby’s pick made me cringe!   It should have been an easy decision to hit the TE on the short route, especially on 1st down.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUinMS9528 said:

Yes, and that was a bad INT!   Not that TJ’s INT’s were beautiful or anything, but Robby’s pick made me cringe!   It should have been an easy decision to hit the TE on the short route, especially on 1st down.   

And TJ's, I wish he had put it a little closer to the sideline, but it was more a really great play by the DB. 

• Like 3