*Official San Jose St. Post-Game Discussion Thread*

Didba

3 hours ago, Viper said:

So to be clear, you expect us to look much better against PSU?

I think they will. SJSU played above the competition and Auburn played below it. Even the fans were somewhat meh. Big games have a tendency to bring out better performances, attention to detail, etc., and even fans get up for the bigger games. Let’s be serious the first two games were perceived no more than a dress rehearsal, the real season starts Saturday. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Yea not saying he’s better than them two. I think it was more of if you 2 can’t catch the ball I’ll give this guy a chance

agreed.

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Folks like him only want people to chase him down rabbit holes. It's pointless

yup

8 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

I think they will. SJSU played above the competition and Auburn played below it. Even the fans were somewhat meh. Big games have a tendency to bring out better performances, attention to detail, etc., and even fans get up for the bigger games. Let’s be serious the first two games were perceived no more than a dress rehearsal, the real season starts Saturday. 

Is CBH perceived to be a hard nosed no nonsense person or not. If so how can a dress rehearsal have so much poor execution. There is no way to explain all the poor execution. In these games U are looking for execution and that isn’t happening .

Last year Auburn took care of business pretty easily against lesser foes minus GA State. However, Ga State is quickly turning into one of those teams that’s gonna make u work for the W

Edited by e808

2 hours ago, cctiger said:

Auburn can get a good coach. It's just a matter of the PTB and the administration coming together as a whole(just as the turds did years ago when they hired the nikster, and tired of losing with middle-of-the road coaches). There are good coaches out there that KNOW how to coach and RECRUIT that will come to the Plains. Auburn is not Texas Tech, Kansas State, or Colorado, etc. It's been done and proven in the past, and it can be done NOW(just like it's being done in West Vance now). JMHO.

I agree but historical data has shown this will not happen. I probably have better chances of winning the power all.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, metafour said:

What ****ing meddling?

Here are some things off the top of my head that Harsin has been allowed to do with zero push-back:

1) Fired his WR coach after ~4 games last season (alienating a lot of instate HS coaches in the process).

2) Replaced both his OC and DC after one season with his own buddy-hires from Boise State. Neither guy has much experience at all as a coordinator at the P5 level. No one batted an eye.

3) Hired an OC from the NFL that had to be mysteriously replaced a month into the job. This was Harsin's hire.

4) Let a legacy QB walk off the team, replaced him with his own transfer pick who is now running 3rd string. The guy he let go is clearly better than anyone we currently have on the roster, so he has downgraded from the starter he inherited.

This is his freaking team ENTIRELY. He has HIS coaches and HIS players. All FOUR QB's are his guys. It was also HIS choice to not blow up and revamp the OL that Malzahn left him.

Let me guess, it's Jimmy Rane's fault that we still have TJ Finley starting and we're struggling to handle San Jose State? Really? 

Harsin hasn't been prevented from doing ANYTHING he wants to do. Which means that the results are his and his alone. Save me this freaking BS. Nobody put a gun to his head and told him to roll into year 2 with TJ Finley as his starting QB LMAO.

Rough, but accurate.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, e808 said:

Is CBH perceived to be a hard nosed no nonsense person or not. If so how can a dress rehearsal have so much poor execution. There is no way to explain all the poor execution. In these games U are looking for execution and that isn’t happening .

Last year Auburn took care of business pretty easily against lesser foes minus GA State. However, Ga State is quickly turning into one of those teams that’s gonna make u work for the W

I was disappointed in the errors made by the seniors. A lot of what Auburn wants to do, is being impacted by a void of talent, particularly on the oline.  Plays can’t develop because they can’t get push consistently on run plays, and are not consistent in pass protection. Not to mention Auburn needs a QB with some dog in him. Even though execution was not ideal throughout, enough was done to avoid the upset. Just got to review film, set accountability, play the next games in front of you. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Viper said:

Finally folks are waking up.

I doubt McDoofus @McLoofus or @Didba or @NWALA Tiger or @Quietmaninthecorner  has.

To the bitter end they go.

WTF?   What do I have to do with any of this?

• Haha 7

6 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

IMO, It needs to be drives not plays with the rotation. If Finley is the main starter, he should run 3-4 drives, then bring Ashford in to run a drive. 

I agree.  Rhythm is a thing and we aren't promoting it.

5 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i read somewhere the light show was showing out last night. dark lights. even the opposing coach talked about it. why do we never see any of that on tv? i would prefer the announcers shutup sometime and show us what is going on with the light show. those guys hacked my lily talking about a whole different school and auburn was on the filed running a play they ignored.

Yep.  The 'play by play' announcing sucked.  You had to wait for the graphic for the distance gained.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

WTF?   What do I have to do with any of this?

apparently we are in the Harsin Chain Gang according to Viper

• Haha 1

My general impression is that everyone was looking past this week to next week.

(SJS was maybe looking past last week to this week, but regardless they came ready to play.)

Hopefully, this will be be reflected in Saturday's outcome.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Didba said:

apparently we are in the Harsin Chain Gang according to Viper

But the irony is the push back is from the same people since day 1. Like you I’m reserving my opinion on wether we took a step forward until after next week. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, metafour said:

What ****ing meddling?

Here are some things off the top of my head that Harsin has been allowed to do with zero push-back:

1) Fired his WR coach after ~4 games last season (alienating a lot of instate HS coaches in the process).

2) Replaced both his OC and DC after one season with his own buddy-hires from Boise State. Neither guy has much experience at all as a coordinator at the P5 level. No one batted an eye.

3) Hired an OC from the NFL that had to be mysteriously replaced a month into the job. This was Harsin's hire.

4) Let a legacy QB walk off the team, replaced him with his own transfer pick who is now running 3rd string. The guy he let go is clearly better than anyone we currently have on the roster, so he has downgraded from the starter he inherited.

This is his freaking team ENTIRELY. He has HIS coaches and HIS players. All FOUR QB's are his guys. It was also HIS choice to not blow up and revamp the OL that Malzahn left him.

Let me guess, it's Jimmy Rane's fault that we still have TJ Finley starting and we're struggling to handle San Jose State? Really? 

Harsin hasn't been prevented from doing ANYTHING he wants to do. Which means that the results are his and his alone. Save me this freaking BS. Nobody put a gun to his head and told him to roll into year 2 with TJ Finley as his starting QB LMAO.

Are you new to Auburn athletics or just ignorant?

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I just wanna see what today was like for the guys that were trying to can him last year.

image.gif.d9f7d30d2d7441a49fd8a25912dadc1c.gif

Maybe they stroked out from the rage and will no longer be an issue...

This is the year literally all of my teams are terrible:

Th reds, Carolina, spurs and maybe Auburn (but I believe). The good thing is the panthers and spurs can tank!

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

This is the year literally all of my teams are terrible:

Th reds, Carolina, spurs and maybe Auburn (but I believe). The good thing is the panthers and spurs can tank!

Laugh/cries in sad Chicago Cub noises

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, cctiger said:

Auburn can get a good coach. It's just a matter of the PTB and the administration coming together as a whole(just as the turds did years ago when they hired the nikster, and tired of losing with middle-of-the road coaches). There are good coaches out there that KNOW how to coach and RECRUIT that will come to the Plains. Auburn is not Texas Tech, Kansas State, or Colorado, etc. It's been done and proven in the past, and it can be done NOW(just like it's being done in West Vance now). JMHO.

Just curious, when has it been done before?   

17 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

I mean this with all due respect belle, but I counted us out anytime we played UGA, lsu, or Alabama (away from JH) and it showed in the records. JSU also took us to over time in 2015, year 3. We beat Mercer 24-10 in 2017, year 5, same year as the lsu debacle 

So we're just gonna act like LSU, Bama and UGA haven't been the premier CFB programs since the last 2000's, huh? 

They're quite literally 3 of the top 10 programs in the nation in terms of prestige (and have been for a decade plus). Auburn has been quite noticeably below that tier in that time span, so...

4 minutes ago, HabitualChiller said:

So we're just gonna act like LSU, Bama and UGA haven't been the premier CFB programs since the last 2000's, huh? 

They're quite literally 3 of the top 10 programs in the nation in terms of prestige (and have been for a decade plus). Auburn has been quite noticeably below that tier in that time span, so...

Well he didn't say or act like that at all, so...

• Like 1

Just now, Didba said:

Well he didn't say or act like that at all, so...

And UGA was not always premier . Sure they won 9-10 games a year but in a very weak east when they could not get over the hump. Auburn failed the last decade when we had the opportunity to be next and line, never capitalizing on our opportunities when we amassed great talent .

Both Chizik and Gus (who I greatly appreciate for bringing us a NC) got dudes here but never could string any consistency. Now we have a guy who seems to know the game but can’t get talent here and hopes to win with heart ( Nope). Now in that time span both Clemson and UGA, two programs similar to us in some fashion found their guys. We did not and I blame us for that. People love to make up history. UGA even when average were beating the better Auburn teams.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PoetTiger said:

They do. Problem is...we are 7-14 points worse than they are. Can an upset happen and come back down to Earth and resume sucking? Sure. 2001 Florida is the perfect example. But like 2001 Florida, PSU has to turn it over a few times to have a shot. Clifford has taken care of the ball a lot better than Rex Grossman did.

I feel we're slightly worse than the 2015 team and that team lost 17-9 at home to MSU in the first big home game of the season.