*Official San Jose St. Post-Game Discussion Thread*

Didba

3 minutes ago, Viper said:

They do. Problem is...we are 7-14 points worse than they are. Can an upset happen and come back down to Earth and resume sucking? Sure. 2001 Florida is the perfect example. But like 2001 Florida, PSU has to turn it over a few times to have a shot. Clifford has taken care of the ball a lot better than Rex Grossman did.

I feel we're slightly worse than the 2015 team and that team lost 17-9 at home to MSU in the first big home game of the season.

We will know for sure this time next week.  Last night was a major reason to have concerns for any of us that were predicting 7-8 wins this season

• Like 1

2 hours ago, e808 said:

If so how can a dress rehearsal have so much poor execution. There is no way to explain all the poor execution. In these games U are looking for execution and that isn’t happening .

Bingo

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

And UGA was not always premier . Sure they won 9-10 games a year but in a very weak east when they could not get over the hump. Auburn failed the last decade when we had the opportunity to be next and line, never capitalizing on our opportunities when we amassed great talent .

Both Chizik and Gus (who I greatly appreciate for bringing us a NC) got dudes here but never could string any consistency. Now we have a guy who seems to know the game but can’t get talent here and hopes to win with heart ( Nope). Now in that time span both Clemson and UGA, two programs similar to us in some fashion found their guys. We did not and I blame us for that. People love to make up history. UGA even when average were beating the better Auburn teams.

So much this. UGA and LSU were not always premiere. LSU maybe has more of a claim but not UGA

5 minutes ago, Didba said:

So much this. UGA and LSU were not always premiere. LSU maybe has more of a claim but not UGA

TBH , I really like CBH the person but I don’t think he is necessary the type to rebuild a program . Hold a program up? For sure . And no, not anybody can just do that . I know someone rookie will come in here saying anyone can win at a solidified program . History has shown that’s not the case. I am low key really pissed at our Brass for not getting Hugh Freeze. A second would be grimes . I didn’t know a whole lot about him but the more I read about him , the more I think he could be Sam Pittman.

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

TBH , I really like CBH the person but I don’t think he is necessary the type to rebuild a program . Hold a program up? For sure . And no, not anybody can just do that . I know someone rookie will come in here saying anyone can win at a solidified program . History has shown that’s not the case. I am low key really pissed at our Brass for not getting Hugh Freeze. A second would be grimes . I didn’t know a whole lot about him but the more I read about him , the more I think he could be Sam Pittman.

That’s the thing remember the opening press conference a fast build or slow build but there is no evidence of him doing that. Yes he did well at Boise but when he took over everything was in place. Fast forward to the Sec where the program seems to be at bottom or middle of the pack. Then he has to deal with all the sharks hovering around him. That’s no small task. Some might not be as high on Arkansas but Pittman already being in the SEC gave him a slight edge IMO.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, e808 said:

That’s the thing remember the opening press conference a fast build or slow build but there is no evidence of him doing that. Yes he did well at Boise but when he took over everything was in place. Fast forward to the Sec where the program seems to be at bottom or middle of the pack. Then he has to deal with all the sharks hovering around him. That’s no small task. Some might not be as high on Arkansas but Pittman already being in the SEC gave him a slight edge IMO.

Correct and I am pretty sure you said that initially so kudos to you . But that’s also why I thought we should’ve been on Hugh freeze heels. He has built programs at every level. I don’t care how he does it. 

• Love 1

After the Georgia State debacle last year we went to corn dog stadium and won in Baton Rouge for the first time in a minute. Hopefully we can do that at home against PeeU

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, toddc said:

After the Georgia State debacle last year we went to corn dog stadium and won in Baton Rouge for the first time in a minute. Hopefully we can do that at home against PeeU

It would be the auburn thing , right ?

• Like 1

IF, Harsin doesnt work out. This board will be absolute gold when a new coach is hired... Short of Nick Saban, nobody brought in will get the full support of Auburn Brass or the fan base.. We will have to see who the new Mikey, Viper, Metafor, AU 24 will be... If U belong on this list and I didn't include u,  please accept my apologies for omitting u.

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Haha 3
  • Facepalm 1

13 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

IF, Harsin doest work out. This board will be absolute gold when a new coach is hired... Short of Nick Saban, nobody brought in will get the full support of Auburn Brass or the fan base.. We will have to see who the new Mikey, Viper, Metafor, AU 24 will be... If U belong on this list and I didn't include u,  please accept my apologies for omitting u.

I live in Milwaukee and the whole state is on meltdown mode right now after both the badgers and Packers.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, DAG said:

Correct and I am pretty sure you said that initially so kudos to you . But that’s also why I thought we should’ve been on Hugh freeze heels. He has built programs at every level. I don’t care how he does it. 

I will just say 2-0 is 2-0 good or bad. A lot is TBD. I think we will have more clarity after Saturday 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Yes to Grimes, no to Hugh

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Angry 1

7 minutes ago, e808 said:

I will just say 2-0 is 2-0 good or bad. A lot is TBD. I think we will have more clarity after Saturday 

This was really the logical prediction before the season anyway. Anyone who said otherwise was lying to themselves.

57 minutes ago, DAG said:

good point, maybe not "no to Hugh"

Edited by Didba

15 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

^ My ignore list. Well, 3 out of 4

Same LOL

10 minutes ago, e808 said:

Right. I am much happy to be undefeated. It can be way worse right now. See: Nebraska, ND, Texas A&M, Etc

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DAG said:

This is the year literally all of my teams are terrible:

Th reds, Carolina, spurs and maybe Auburn (but I believe). The good thing is the panthers and spurs can tank!

The Spurs have one of the greatest and most respected head coaches of all time though so there’s a plus.  

There can be only one! 

Jeff Grimes! But I’d take Lane too. So two!

There can be only two!image.gif.179c5999e04e2c0d05c782792d537cd7.gif

Edited by AuCivilEng1