*Official San Jose St. Post-Game Discussion Thread*

Didba

3 minutes ago, Tigers77 said:

Damn brother that’s rough.  

I’m not sure what you mean.  Or maybe my comment is not coming across correct.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

. I am low key really pissed at our Brass for not getting Hugh Freeze. A second would be grimes 

I was never big on getting Freeze like you but man I wanted Cristobal and Grimes at the respective times. Still think those were guys that could have really done well as Auburn HC. Every week since about the GSU game last year my confidence that Harsin can do the job seems to decrease. PSU games seems pretty enormous for his future, at least if the result is a L

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I would burn every piece of Auburn merch I own of Hugh Freeze is ever the AU HC.

I wouldn't blame you

7 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I’m not sure what you mean.  Or maybe my comment is not coming across correct.

Just meant it’s rough to be a fan of that group of teams this year. 

11 minutes ago, Tigers77 said:

Just meant it’s rough to be a fan of that group of teams this year. 

Those are my teams haha but the spurs and panthers can and shall tank. 

Edited by DAG

I understand the disappointment in this game. But I don't know why people can be upset when we do this every year since I can remember. We always do this and play down to the competition.

I'm glad the staff says this isn't good enough. I think it's good thing to have a competitive game before Penn State.. I'm rooting for Ashford and Finley. Just win baby. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cctiger said:

Auburn can get a good coach. It's just a matter of the PTB and the administration coming together as a whole(just as the turds did years ago when they hired the nikster, and tired of losing with middle-of-the road coaches). There are good coaches out there that KNOW how to coach and RECRUIT that will come to the Plains. Auburn is not Texas Tech, Kansas State, or Colorado, etc. It's been done and proven in the past, and it can be done NOW(just like it's being done in West Vance now). JMHO.

Yeah, because all those things have happened at AU bunches! Well, a couple of times.... Or maybe once? Never? Shug? 

Nevermind.

2 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

I understand the disappointment in this game. But I don't know why people can be upset when we do this every year since I can remember. We always do this and play down to the competition.

I'm glad the staff says this isn't good enough. I think it's good thing to have a competitive game before Penn State.. I'm rooting for Ashford and Finley. Just win baby. 

Yep I am still a believer . This penn state game is so huge. 

• Like 1

We played poorly against SJSU. I feel the same as most everybody else on here in that it is an indicator that we probably suck but I don't think it is as black and white as that.

When it is all said and done, Dabo will wind up being one of the best coaches in college history and it took him until his 4th year, 3rd full year, to get things rolling and he almost got fired after his 3rd year with a 6-7 season. They also had some fairly mediocre recruiting classes in that span. Even in that fourth year they had an 8 point win over Wofford on their way to the first of many double digit win seasons. 

Dave Aranda won 12 games last year and one of those was a 9 point win over a 4-8 Texas State. 

I don't know if Harsin will wind up doing a good job. I certainly don't think he is doing a good job right now. But we are also only through game 2 of year 2 and it seems like everybody is ready for him to be fired.  The expectations are pretty unrealistic right now. 

Edited by nurbis
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yep I am still a believer . This penn state game is so huge. 

It is huge - I agree. It is a chance to show everyone that we can compete with good teams in the Big Ten.

But I think the Missouri game is even bigger.

At this point we are not predicted to win the Penn State game and they are Just better than we are. They have a senior quarterback, they’ve already won on the road, and they look like a decent team. Winning against Penn State at this point is unlikely according to stats, odds, etc. 

However Missouri does not look very good, they are in our own conference, we are at home, and this is a game that we must win. Lose the Missouri game in the entire season goes off the rails. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

I would burn every piece of Auburn merch I own of Hugh Freeze is ever the AU HC.

Probably to make room for all the championship swag we’ll be accumulating. 😂

I’m just kidding. Mostly. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Winners are easily forgiven 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Randman5000 said:

I’m almost thinking we turn around and beat PSU this week.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

No doubt. I’d also jump at Gruden in a heartbeat. Closet skeletons and all. 

Now Gruden got a little more work..bruh was saying some racial things...he might seriously be blackballed. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

That would assume I would continue to watch the product.  I'd rather spend money and time traveling to games everywhere else than give Hugh my money.

14 minutes ago, DAG said:

Now Gruden got a little more work..bruh was saying some racial things...he might seriously be blackballed. 

IIRC, I think he said one racially insensitive thing, and then players and colleagues of color came out in droves to support him. Then the homophobic comments came out, and he was fired. I obviously don’t know if Jon Gruden is a racist, but it seems unlikely to me, given his profession. Homophobe? Probably. I don’t doubt that at all. 

But to your point, I don’t think he will ever coach in the NFL again. College, maybe? 

Edited by Barnacle

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

That would assume I would continue to watch the product.  I'd rather spend money and time traveling to games everywhere else than give Hugh my money.

I guess everyone has a line in the sand somewhere. 

11 hours ago, W.E.D said:

I need more band commentary from @cole256

I missed the game thread and seemed to be the only decent posting over the past few pages. I'm sure 1H was a disaster and I don't want to read that

Sorry I was away

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I’m almost thinking we turn around and beat PSU this week.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we beat Penn St by 10+ and then turned around and layed an egg to Mizzou.

Edited by AuCivilEng1

I’ll say offensive line recruits should be salivating to come to Auburn. We will have a stable of backs hopefully of Tank, Hunter, and Alston. Oh and plus you’d get a chance to start on top of that….

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

At this point we are not predicted to win the Penn State game and they are Just better than we are. They have a senior quarterback, they’ve already won on the road, and they look like a decent team. Winning against Penn State at this point is unlikely according to stats, odds, etc. 

We are a 1pt dog. It's essentially a pick em.

If we lose by double digits it'll be bad

5 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

I’ll say offensive line recruits should be salivating to come to Auburn. We will have a stable of backs hopefully of Tank, Hunter, and Alston. Oh and plus you’d get a chance to start on top of that….

Lmao Tank will be in the NFL next year 

• Like 1