*Official San Jose St. Post-Game Discussion Thread*

Didba

6 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

With no OL and and having at best average qb's, we gotta hit recruiting and the portal hard 

Don't diss our "undersized center". He did his job. It was the 300 lb whatevers on either side that sucked big time. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CCTAU said:

Ashford - 7 carries 61 yards. 8.7 avg.

Led the team in rushing.

Its hard to not utilize him every game. 

I know people want a 1 QB system. But the only way that’s happening is it fully becomes Robby’s job. His legs are one of the only explosive and consistent weapons this offense has. And his run for the first down at the game’s end was an extremely big play.

Ashford’s contributions are here to stay. 

• Like 4

TJ played well after the int. 
We have great RBs. 
The defense is really struggling with pass defense and did not create a turnover (yet). But at lease they kept us in the game the first half. 
Hopefully that was us not game planning at all for this game. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

The Sun Belt had a damn day today

Had some buddy's that like football but aren't hardcore fans, showed them the 2007 season video of how crazy football was that season a few days ago and now they're saying 2022 is also 2007/year of the sunbelt

Edited by Maverick.AU
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I fully expect us to look like a different team against PSU. But just knowing that our team is still capable of blowing  a game to a mid major makes me uneasy and disappointed. 86 yards in penalties is trash discipline. 

I don't have any expectations for real improvements in that game. Auburn may luck into a win somehow but I'm not going to be surprised by a loss either. 

It's like the Barfield era has been resurrected.....no expectations of anything great happening anytime soon.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

17 minutes ago, JOSEPHIAMLEGEND75@GMAIL.CO said:

Florida hasn't arrived...Yet.

And they may not with that smart a__ sourpuss coach they got. He's not in the Sun Belt anymore.

• Like 2

Wow... well... positives are the starters got plenty of reps? 

Negatives are, well, all the other stuff.

I don't know why and I don't know how, but I don't think you'll see Auburn look this discombobulated the rest of the season. This game was an ugly, ugly win that should have never been this close. If we play this soft next week we will lose, and we will look bad doing it. That said, I'm hoping we don't come out this rough. 2-0 is apparently harder than Texas A&M and Florida thought, even if they both would have walked SJSU. So let's be thankful for a win yet unsatisfied with the product. 

4 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I don't have any expectations for real improvements in that game. Auburn may luck into a win somehow but I'm not going to be surprised by a loss either. 

It's like the Barfield era has been resurrected.....no expectations of anything great happening anytime soon.

So basically where we’ve been for like 8 years

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

Oh for sure, but we tend to play right into the strengths of our opponents. Hell last year we nearly lost to GA St, and did lose to South Carolina, but we also beat Ole Miss, Arky and controlled Alabama for 59 mins. So I wouldn’t be surprised if we looked great next week and then sh** the bed to Mizzou. 

Im over that style of football though. Look at what Ole Miss did tonight. That’s what you’re supposed to do to inferior schools. I see no difference in Harsin and Gus at this point other than Harsin being less of a dork and Gus being better at recruiting.

• Like 3

Let’s be fair SJS came into the game undefeated after a huge close win against Portland St (which lost to Washington 52-6 today). So it’s not not like we were playing a pushover. I’m sure after four years the offensive line will finally turn into a dominate run blocking unit. Shoot the QB is getting it together did you see all the miraculous 4th down plays made against mighty San Jose. We are on the cusp of greatness.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Let’s be fair SJS came into the game undefeated after a huge close win against Portland St (which lost to Washington 52-6 today). So it’s not not like we were playing a pushover. I’m sure after four years the offensive line will finally turn into a dominate run blocking unit. Shoot the QB is getting it together did you see all the miraculous 4th down plays made against mighty San Jose. We are on the cusp of greatness.

I couldn’t figure out all night if you were being sarcastic or not but now I know 😂😂

5 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

I agree we are terrible but We were picked last for a reason. Gus left us in shambles and Harsin is struggling. Let’s see how the season plays out. 

btw we are 100% from Field goals, and our red zone offense is good. Some positives. 

• Like 1

Competition is now going to be a big step up from the "creampuffs" we've been struggling against to start the season.

Guess we'll see what happens, but I'd be feeling increasingly confident if I was a Penn State fan.

10 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I agree we are terrible but We were picked last for a reason. Gus left us in shambles and Harsin is struggling. Let’s see how the season plays out. 

btw we are 100% from Field goals, and our red zone offense is good. Some positives. 

I’m struggling to be positive but I’ll add two…

Good stable of running backs and TJ improved as the game progressed.

48 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

Don't diss our "undersized center". He did his job. It was the 300 lb whatevers on either side that sucked big time. 

Nobody did their job today. The players nor the coaches did well, it was all bad. But 2-0 is 2-0 I guess

2 minutes ago, Tigers77 said:

So basically where we’ve been for like 8 years

Most of the time with Gus....Auburn was competitive. His mistakes with offensive play calling cost Auburn games that could've been won. He just had some predictably dumb ideas at the worst possible times. But I never counted Auburn totally out of most games because they could fight their way through and often did.

Harsin's teams are just not really competitive or strong in any area. There's just not much edge to them. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 2
  • Dislike 3

22 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

:hail:

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, Tigerbelle said:

Most of the time with Gus....Auburn was competitive. His mistakes with offensive play calling cost Auburn games that could've been won. He just had some predictably dumb ideas at the worst possible times. But I never counted Auburn totally out of most games because they could fight their way through and often did.

Harsin's teams are just not really competitive or strong in any area. There's just not much edge to them. 

I don’t disagree with your assessment there but I would say from a total season perspective I had no expectations under Gus his last few years precisely because I knew he’d have those games where his offense disappeared. 

Im not sold or not sold on Harsin after one season and two games.  Trending down I’d say but firing him this year and starting over again sounds equally as bad as keeping him. Auburn just isn’t going to get a proven coach as long as we have the background drama we have. Whether that rep is deserved or not I don’t know but that’s clearly the perception in the coaching community.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

There's been some trash play and coaching all across the landscape. Not to excuse us, but the quality of play has gone down imo. That said, what sucks about this team is that our veterans, our "leaders", are the ones that make the most mistakes.

Pappoe, Shenker, Council, Shed, Pritchett, and Simpson all seem to make mistake after mistake. I'm tired of it and ready to see some new guys make the mistakes in all honesty. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

This is ironic. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

Ashford - 7 carries 61 yards. 8.7 avg.

Led the team in rushing.

Its hard to not utilize him every game. 

I can envision it now… Holden takes the snap.. Ashford crossing in front of him taking a hand off on the Onterio Maccalebb jet sweep.

• Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

We looked terrible tonight but I disagree about the competitive part. The only game we have not been competitive in so far was georgia last year. We have won or been in every game up to the end. We beat LSU there for the first time in 20 years. We took down a few top 25 teams. Were a hair away from beating bama. I am not thrilled with the job he has done so far but I don't think being competitive has been an issue. 

Edited by nurbis
  • Like 6
  • Love 1

Just now, sevenlee36 said:

I can envision it now… Holden takes the snap.. Ashford crossing in front of him taking a hand off on the Onterio Maccalebb jet sweep.

He would fare better than Tank or Dawson. 
Tank is just not a sweep guy. And I have no idea who thought Dawson could turn up field and break a finger tackle!