Jump to content

*Official San Jose St. Post-Game Discussion Thread*


Didba
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Tigers77 said:

I don’t disagree with your assessment there but I would say from a total season perspective I had no expectations under Gus his last few years precisely because I knew he’d have those games where his offense disappeared. 
 

Im not sold or not sold on Harsin after one season and two games.  Trending down I’d say but firing him this year and starting over again sounds equally as bad as keeping him. Auburn just isn’t going to get a proven coach as long as we have the background drama we have. Whether that rep is deserved or not I don’t know but that’s clearly the perception in the coaching community.

She’s a Gustav lover. Don’t take her takes seriously. Just in case you weren’t aware. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites





1 minute ago, nurbis said:

We looked terrible tonight but I disagree about the competitive part. The only game we have not been competitive in so far was georgia last year. We have won or been in every game up to the end. We beat LSU at home for the first time in 20 years. We took down a few top 25 teams. Were a hair away from beating bama. I am not thrilled with the job he has done so far but I don't think being competitive has been an issue. 

Fair 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Didba said:

She’s a Gustav lover. Don’t take her takes seriously. Just in case you weren’t aware. 

Ah ok. I haven’t been on here long but if this board was like other Auburn pages I browsed it was civil war in Gus’s last few seasons. I wanted Gus to succeed obviously but writing was on the wall for awhile .

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Tigers77 said:

Ah ok. I haven’t been on here long but if this board was like other Auburn pages I browsed it was civil war in Gus’s last few seasons. I wanted Gus to succeed obviously but writing was on the wall for awhile .

All good. That poster has been like that since Harsin was hired. You seemed new. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, nurbis said:

We looked terrible tonight but I disagree about the competitive part. The only game we have not been competitive in so far was georgia last year. We have won or been in every game up to the end. We beat LSU there for the first time in 20 years. We took down a few top 25 teams. Were a hair away from beating bama. I am not thrilled with the job he has done so far but I don't think being competitive has been an issue. 

This is why her post was so ironic. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Most of the time with Gus....Auburn was competitive. His mistakes with offensive play calling cost Auburn games that could've been won. He just had some predictably dumb ideas at the worst possible times. But I never counted Auburn totally out of most games because they could fight their way through and often did.

Harsin's teams are just not really competitive or strong in any area. There's just not much edge to them. 

I mean this with all due respect belle, but I counted us out anytime we played UGA, lsu, or Alabama (away from JH) and it showed in the records. JSU also took us to over time in 2015, year 3. We beat Mercer 24-10 in 2017, year 5, same year as the lsu debacle 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, nurbis said:

We looked terrible tonight but I disagree about the competitive part. The only game we have not been competitive in so far was georgia last year. We have won or been in every game up to the end. We beat LSU there for the first time in 20 years. We took down a few top 25 teams. Were a hair away from beating bama. I am not thrilled with the job he has done so far but I don't think being competitive has been an issue. 

I was about to say the same thing. You just said it better. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I mean this with all due respect belle, but I counted us out anytime we played UGA, lsu, or Alabama (away from JH) and it showed in the records. JSU also took us to over time in 2015, year 3. We beat Mercer 24-10 in 2017, year 5, same year as the lsu debacle 

His loss last night showed he wasn't the answer but his record against our rivals was not his problem. Do you really expect anyone to have a better record against Georgia and Alabama?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I mean this with all due respect belle, but I counted us out anytime we played UGA, lsu, or Alabama (away from JH) and it showed in the records. JSU also took us to over time in 2015, year 3. We beat Mercer 24-10 in 2017, year 5, same year as the lsu debacle 

Thank you!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

His loss last night showed he wasn't the answer but his record against our rivals was not his problem. Do you really expect anyone to have a better record against Georgia and Alabama?

Bama probably not but he lost to a couple of not great Uga teams.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, AUwent said:

His loss last night showed he wasn't the answer but his record against our rivals was not his problem. Do you really expect anyone to have a better record against Georgia and Alabama?

Yes I do, bc I want auburn to take that next step

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, nurbis said:

We looked terrible tonight but I disagree about the competitive part. The only game we have not been competitive in so far was georgia last year. We have won or been in every game up to the end. We beat LSU at home for the first time in 20 years. We took down a few top 25 teams. Were a hair away from beating bama. I am not thrilled with the job he has done so far but I don't think being competitive has been an issue. 

LSU was a terrible team last year. It was more like Auburn was just less terrible. bammer was not great that day and it was more like those games in the 70's.....a fluke because bammer was having a bad game. bammer had the same experience today. They may be losing their edge.  I doubt it will be that close in 2022 though unless bammer totally unravels. Auburn has even less talent now than last season.

If your team looks terrible and plays terrible and not surprisingly has less talent across the board....that is not competitive in the SEC. The coaching is not up to par. Recruiting is abysmal.

Competitive is being a threat. Nobody feels threatened or intimidated by Auburn right now.  

  • Like 4
  • Facepalm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, AUwent said:

His loss last night showed he wasn't the answer but his record against our rivals was not his problem. Do you really expect anyone to have a better record against Georgia and Alabama?

We were 2-7 against Georgia and one of those 2 happened only because an absolute miracle play happened.  But certainly the bama record was as good as could be expected considering their level of play.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

LSU was a terrible team last year. It was more like Auburn was just less terrible. bammer was not great that day and it was more like those games in the 70's.....a fluke because bammer was having a bad game. bammer had the same experience today. They may be losing their edge.  I doubt it will be that close in 2022 though unless bammer totally unravels. Auburn has even less talent now than last season.

If your team looks terrible and plays terrible and not surprisingly has less talent across the board....that is not competitive in the SEC. The coaching is not up to par. Recruiting is abysmal.

Competitive is being a threat. Nobody feels threatened or intimidated by Auburn right now.  

Agree with all of that except LSU. We were absolutely snake bit in that stadium. We could have been undefeated defending champs and they could have been 0-12 in the prior year, and I'd still need to see a win to believe it. 

I was at that game. Nix's career game and a very good game plan. They were rolling him out and getting him easier completions. Team fought through adversity and made a come back win. Probably gonna be the highlight of this regime, unfortunately. 

  • Facepalm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

LSU was a terrible team last year. It was more like Auburn was just less terrible. bammer was not great that day and it was more like those games in the 70's.....a fluke because bammer was having a bad game. bammer had the same experience today. They may be losing their edge.  I doubt it will be that close in 2022 though unless bammer totally unravels. Auburn has even less talent now than last season.

If your team looks terrible and plays terrible and not surprisingly has less talent across the board....that is not competitive in the SEC. The coaching is not up to par. Recruiting is abysmal.

Competitive is being a threat. Nobody feels threatened or intimidated by Auburn right now.  

Lsu was not great last year and they were not great in 2017 when we blew a 20 point lead and lost to them there. In 2020 we lost to a 2 win South Carolina, lost to georgia by 21 and bama by 29. I don't disagree, coaching is not where it needs to be but implying Malzahn's teams were consistently competitive or intimidating is laughable at best.   

  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, nurbis said:

Lsu was not great last year and they were not great in 2017 when we blew a 20 point lead and lost to them there. In 2020 we lost to a 2 win South Carolina, lost to georgia by 21 and bama by 29. I don't disagree, coaching is not where it needs to be but implying Malzahn's teams were consistently competitive or intimidating is laughable at best.   

Again 2020 was an all SEC schedule with no cupcakes. No spring. Imagine this team playing an all sec schedule with no spring practice. Keep in mind Spring practice is what allowed TJ to make some improvement.

Edited by e808
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Didba said:

Auburn wins. Looking like crap. 
 

64C4E9D8-519F-452B-8533-D2F2E81E576B.png

I didn’t realize until now, the stats were this bad. We are in trouble!

  • Facepalm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/10/2022 at 11:33 PM, Tigers77 said:

Ah ok. I haven’t been on here long but if this board was like other Auburn pages I browsed it was civil war in Gus’s last few seasons. I wanted Gus to succeed obviously but writing was on the wall for awhile .

Nah.....I just didn't hate Gus the person. He is a nice man whose time at Auburn was done. I didn't then, and still don't think he deserved the vitriol that was sent his way because he is a decent man who loved Auburn. It just didn't work out, and I still wish him well. I had no problem with making a coaching change. I had a problem with hate and the inability to just move on once he left. just very classless.

keep the personal stuff between you and another member between you guys.  no need hash that out on the boards. - The Mgmt

Edited by TitanTiger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Didba said:

She’s a Gustav lover. Don’t take her takes seriously. Just in case you weren’t aware. 

You people that hate Gus, more than you love Auburn, just kill me. You hate Gus so much; hey, let’s replace him with a worse coach and recruiter. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Field conditions were bad and why our guys always slip raises questions 

Refs where not good but shouldn’t have mattered

Finleys INT the corner made a great play but he’s also staring down his WRs still

Robby did not pass well

OL first 1/2 was terrible and was getting beat by a 3 man rush

WRs/RBsdropped 5-6 balls

atmosphere outside of the fourth quarter was pretty dead and I think players felt it was too

positive side we made adjustments and outside of the DBs played much better second 1/2

end of the day this team needs an identical y quick  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

You people that hate Gus, more than you love Auburn, just kill me. You hate Gus so much; hey, let’s replace him with a worse coach and recruiter. 

200.gif.58a7f32a2b8d2d665179d41323d835e7.gif

  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tigers77 said:

 

 

34 minutes ago, au302 said:

Agree with all of that except LSU. We were absolutely snake bit in that stadium. We could have been undefeated defending champs and they could have been 0-12 in the prior year, and I'd still need to see a win to believe it. 

I was at that game. Nix's career game and a very good game plan. They were rolling him out and getting him easier completions. Team fought through adversity and made a come back win. Probably gonna be the highlight of this regime, unfortunately. 

That streak was bound to end sometime. LSU was simply not a good team, and Auburn had just enough to make it work out.  I didn't see it as some kind of epic win at all because LSU was so down. 

 

Edited by Tigerbelle
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Field conditions were bad and why our guys always slip raises questions 

Refs where not good but shouldn’t have mattered

Finleys INT the corner made a great play but he’s also staring down his WRs still

Robby did not pass well

OL first 1/2 was terrible and was getting beat by a 3 man rush

WRs/RBsdropped 5-6 balls

atmosphere outside of the fourth quarter was pretty dead and I think players felt it was too

positive side we made adjustments and outside of the DBs played much better second 1/2

end of the day this team needs an identical y quick  

Yeah that's true now that you mention it.....there is no identity. Very uninspiring personality.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m thankful for a win. Just watched some of Scott Frost’s post game presser and that might be one of the saddest things I’ve ever seen 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Yeah that's true now that you mention it.....there is no identity. Very uninspiring personality.

Once u saw App St playing with TAMU I knew it was THAT weekend for upset Saturday and it honestly did have me worried after seeing how dead tiger walk was

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • WarTiger changed the title to *Official San Jose St. Post-Game Discussion Thread*
  • TitanTiger locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...