*Official San Jose St. Post-Game Discussion Thread*

Didba

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

So for you people who reminisce on Gus, you can go to the UCF board.

As far as I can tell, Gus got into this discussion because of people trying to blame Gus for Harsin's failures. For you and some few others, ten years from now and no matter who the head coach is, Gus will be blamed every time there's a loss or even a close game. Haters gonna' hate.

• Facepalm 2

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

As far as I can tell, Gus got into this discussion because of people trying to blame Gus for Harsin's failures. For you and some few others, ten years from now and no matter who the head coach is, Gus will be blamed every time there's a loss or even a close game. Haters gonna' hate.

Gus supporter I assume?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

I was actually surprised at how loud I thought it was in the beginning for that game. I’m also that person who is usually yelling on third down regardless of whatever the situation is. 

Numerous times the players and cheerleaders were trying to get the crowd amped up. I do think Penn State will be a fun environment…at least for kickoff. 😉

Good to hear. Maybe my tv just sucks 😂

I will be there next week and can’t wait. I’m sure there will be a lot of energy!

• Like 1

I need more band commentary from @cole256

I missed the game thread and seemed to be the only decent posting over the past few pages. I'm sure 1H was a disaster and I don't want to read that

• Like 1

Does the SEC have any official conflict-of-interest rules in place that govern which games certain refs are not eligible to officiate? The head ref last night is a realtor in tuscaloosa of all places. Throw more flags in Auburn = I sell more homes in tuscaloosa.

5C3EB677-C310-46EB-9513-FA466C45474D.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tigers77 said:

Gus supporter I assume?

You presume correct and honestly you should just ignore that person. They want you to engage. Don’t get into the spider web or else this could be 5 pages of junk. I understand the criticism of CBH and rightfully so. However, not much an Auburn fan can do besides take it a week at a time.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

SJSU stadium on game day. This is the program that took us to the wire last night.  B9625C04-E21E-4E0D-AD83-0EB6BE3F42ED.thumb.jpeg.3bd3c5d01f445de437376370b5c4dcdd.jpeg

An amazing view to watch football though. You've got to admit that, Lol. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Tigers77 said:

Gus supporter I assume?

Not a supporter, just not a hater. He did some good things at AU and some not so good. His time at AU had run out and it was time for a change. Other than to wish him well in future endeavors I didn't expect to think about Gus at all after he left Auburn. But then....I come on this board and see all the hate for a guy who did his best for AU.

Go to the disgraceful thread in the rivals forum and look at all the losers taking delight in the fact that Coach Malzahn's team lost a game. Why do they even care? I don't care. It's shameful. I hope no person who is not familiar with Auburn looks at that thread. They'll mistake all Auburn fans for that bunch of low-life posters.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

i read somewhere the light show was showing out last night. dark lights. even the opposing coach talked about it. why do we never see any of that on tv? i would prefer the announcers shutup sometime and show us what is going on with the light show. those guys hacked my lily talking about a whole different school and auburn was on the filed running a play they ignored.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DAG said:

So for you people who reminisce on Gus, you can go to the UCF board. They are just rampant for Gus right now (sarcasm). As for our beloved Auburn tigers. It was an ugly game. We have yet to play four full complete quarters. Some of this is to be blamed on the coaching staff, while a good bit could also be blamed on the players. 

I know some of y’all are giddy with excitement to see CBH and this team implode. I am hoping for the best and will root for CBH and the players to keep momentum going. Next week, they just need to play with reckless abandonment. Most if everyone has counted them out so what is their to lose? I feel like this is that movie “major league” where pretty much the whole team is on limited time. So why not just go out their, play for the team and their coach. WDE boys. On to penn state

Also haha to the aggies, Notre dame and the likes of others on meltdown mode. 

No one is giddy about Harsin and the team losing.  We are just pointing out the failures which are numerous in hopes that a change will occur so we can FEEL CONFIDENT in our team.  When Auburn has a good team, some fans believe Auburn can win an SEC championship or come close to it.  We have zero people thinking Auburn can win a championship now.  

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

You presume correct and honestly you should just ignore that person. They want you to engage. Don’t get into the spider web or else this could be 5 pages of junk. I understand the criticism of CBH and rightfully so. However, not much an Auburn fan can do besides take it a week at a time.

Roger that. Experience on other pages taught me not to get into it with that lot. Brick wall and all that.  Last night sucked but we did win and I’m going to JHS for the first time in 5 years next Saturday and looking forward to it regardless! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

No one is giddy about Harsin and the team losing.  We are just pointing out the failures which are numerous in hopes that a change will occur so we can FEEL CONFIDENT in our team.  When Auburn has a good team, some fans believe Auburn can win an SEC championship or come close to it.  We have zero people thinking Auburn can win a championship now.  

There are definitely people giddy about it . Love when random come in here with absolutes lol. And there are several people I can name who come in here with great critique, whom I am hoping to hear from. As I said, CBH is not above criticism and the future looks bleak so I understand the frustration for some. Good try though. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Tigers77 said:

Roger that. Experience on other pages taught me not to get into it with that lot. Brick wall and all that.  Last night sucked but we did win and I’m going to JHS for the first time in 5 years next Saturday and looking forward to it regardless! 

Good for you man! Enjoy that experience. The place will be rocking. 

well on the bright side there is little bashing of players and i for one appreciate that. players reflect coaching. this is why i never bash a player because we do not know what is going. i would bet we had several kids playing hurt but doing it for the team because they have little to no other options. and on D i am betting they had to learn another scheme since mason left. so thanks to those that do not bash our kids. i understand fans can be critical but i was raised back in the day to love and support auburn regardless of bad we look. i could never trash them or even go pull for a different team. if the team goes down i go down with them. the only thing i am upset about with hars is the slow recruiting but he had to get his pieces in place and he immediately had to deal with some crap as well so he had help on the recruiting thing.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Mikey said:

It's because harsin is trying to build a house but has no foundation because gus was a terrible recruiter and developer.  Harsin basically started from scratch.  Gus can't even beat a bad Louisville team with his ideal QB and lineup.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 3

The only thing that has me worried with this team is the wide open middle because it was wide open in both games.   We are going to have bad games where we look inept, it happens and it has happened across many coaching staffs at Auburn, so nothing new here.   They probably shouldn't have watched any football yesterday, it set the tone.  We made adjustments and they worked for the most part in the 2nd half with the exception of the middle being wide open.   Also , has Derrick Hall always dropped back into coverage?

I think we step up next week to play a much better game overall, whether it will be enough, not sure but I think we bounce back with gusto, seems history is on my side as well.

21 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

I believe

36 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i read somewhere the light show was showing out last night. dark lights. even the opposing coach talked about it. why do we never see any of that on tv? i would prefer the announcers shutup sometime and show us what is going on with the light show. those guys hacked my lily talking about a whole different school and auburn was on the filed running a play they ignored.

AB80E47B-8725-4B82-9610-4FC2CFC89886.jpeg

0510981E-70E7-402C-BB5A-A2536D9BBD15.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

bless you! i hope to see one more game but i am 67 and have just developed type two diabetes and i am huge now. i cannot afford the good tickets and i am not sure how far i could get up the stadium steps so it is slim and none. so showing me this is awesome and i appreciate the time you took. i owe you one.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

bless you! i hope to see one more game but i am 67 and have just developed type two diabetes and i am huge now. i cannot afford the good tickets and i am not sure how far i could get up the stadium steps so it is slim and none. so showing me this is awesome and i appreciate the time you took. i owe you one.

I actually snagged these for fairly cheap. Would encourage you to look and just go the first opportunity