*Official San Jose St. Post-Game Discussion Thread*

Didba

If you need something to help lighten your mood, read Mane East’s post from this morning on Facebook.  I have never seen him rant that bad before and even went into the comments with his personal Facebook until someone called him out on it.  Half of the rant was about Malzahn somehow.

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i read somewhere the light show was showing out last night. dark lights. even the opposing coach talked about it. why do we never see any of that on tv? i would prefer the announcers shutup sometime and show us what is going on with the light show. those guys hacked my lily talking about a whole different school and auburn was on the filed running a play they ignored.

The light show app did not work for me or anyone around me last night which was disappointing.  So most people just used the flashlights in their phones.  The stadium lights showed a few new tricks though which was cool. 

12 hours ago, AUDevil said:

I predicted an SJSU upset before the season…so this win is a pleasant surprise.

And I just gave you credit in that thread. You weren't far off.

It's way WAY worse than I thought. Portland State sacked SJSU 7 times last week. Portland State. Let that sink in. We got 3.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pedaler said:

Does the SEC have any official conflict-of-interest rules in place that govern which games certain refs are not eligible to officiate? The head ref last night is a realtor in tuscaloosa of all places. Throw more flags in Auburn = I sell more homes in tuscaloosa.

5C3EB677-C310-46EB-9513-FA466C45474D.png

I don’t disagree with you conceptually, but the penalties we committed last night were real. It was a sloppy game. 

8 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

The light show app did not work for me or anyone around me last night which was disappointing.  So most people just used the flashlights in their phones.  The stadium lights showed a few new tricks though which was cool. 

Mine didn’t sync either! I thought I was the only one. 

6 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I don’t disagree with you conceptually, but the penalties we committed last night were real. It was a sloppy game. 

I intentionally didn’t bring up whether last night’s game was officiated well or not. I find it odd that Ken Williamson would officiate any of our games, and I have seen him do the Iron Bowl.

12 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

Most of the time with Gus....Auburn was competitive. His mistakes with offensive play calling cost Auburn games that could've been won. He just had some predictably dumb ideas at the worst possible times. But I never counted Auburn totally out of most games because they could fight their way through and often did.

Harsin's teams are just not really competitive or strong in any area. There's just not much edge to them. 

100% agreed. Last three days of November can't get here fast enough.

• Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, Viper said:

As you recall...I stated that last November...

Just curious and looking for honest opinion, but why is Caddy considered a good keep?   Was the play last night by Hunter at the end of the game a player mistake or a coaching mistake?  I keep hearing from a lot on this board that never want to lay fault at the feet of a player.   I know that all players are playing hard but are they playing smart? The play I’m referring to was running out of bounds with about 2 plus minutes left in the game and saving SJS a timeout.   It ended up not hurting because AU got a first down next play.   

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Viper said:

I don't. We are what we looked like.

My expectation has nothing to do with Harsin’s ability to fix issues and everything to do with the fact that we’ve been inconsistent and usually get up for big games at home (minus Georgia). I’ve been right there with you, living in reality, all offseason. 

2 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Just curious and looking for honest opinion, but why is Caddy considered a good keep? 

His name for recruiting. If not for him, we don't have Tank or Cobb.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

My expectation has nothing to do with Harsin’s ability to fix issues and everything to do with the fact that we’ve been inconsistent and usually get up for big games at home (minus Georgia). I’ve been right there with you, living in reality, all offseason. 

So to be clear, you expect us to look much better against PSU?

2 hours ago, JOSEPHIAMLEGEND75@GMAIL.CO said:

NO WAY you actually believe that. IF that's true we can't blame that on Hars. Things kind of even out when you're playing base offense and defense, turning the ball over, and basically going through the motions. Your opinion is well taken though.

I don’t blame Hars fully. I support giving him the time he needs. Our talent or IQ or both is fledgling at the moment. There isn’t one team left on the schedule that, based on last night, can’t beat us.

Edited by Swamp Eagle
  • Like 1

I just don't think this is a very good football team. Likely to go O-fer in the SEC West.  We will find out for sure next Saturday.  Hope I'm wrong.

• Facepalm 1

9 minutes ago, Viper said:

So to be clear, you expect us to look much better against PSU?

Yes. Just like last year when we looked like crap against Georgia St. and later looked much better against Ole Miss and Bama. The team that played last night would get beat by Penn St by at least 2 touchdowns. I don’t know if we will win, but I do think they play well enough to keep it close. But not because of Harsin. I can’t stress this enough. Because of the Jordan-Hare juju.

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Cardin Drake said:

I just don't think this is a very good football team. Likely to go O-fer in the SEC West.  We will find out for sure next Saturday.  Hope I'm wrong.

Vegas sure didn’t think so either. And neither did any media outlet outside of Auburn. I won’t be too surprising if we crap the bed this year. And just think, this is only the beginning. 

• Facepalm 1

18 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Our talent or IQ or both is fledgling at the moment

Unfortunately, in two years I've seen Harsin do little to change that

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

i read somewhere the light show was showing out last night. dark lights. even the opposing coach talked about it. why do we never see any of that on tv? i would prefer the announcers shutup sometime and show us what is going on with the light show. those guys hacked my lily talking about a whole different school and auburn was on the filed running a play they ignored.

I was there and contrary to others statements, it was a good (not great) environment. Mind you it started "sprinkling" early and some fans made for the exits and since it was SJSU, there were a lot of empty seats, but the crowd was loud. Even Harsin complemented the crowd causing false starts/timeouts on the goal line stand in the 1st quarter.

The light show throughout the night was very nice and kept the crowd engaged.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

If you need something to help lighten your mood, read Mane East’s post from this morning on Facebook.  I have never seen him rant that bad before and even went into the comments with his personal Facebook until someone called him out on it.  Half of the rant was about Malzahn somehow.

I appreciate how much he loves Auburn, but Ican't get behind a guy that likes his own posts and comments. 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Unfortunately, in two years I've seen Harsin do little to change that

I think a big reason for that is the lack of support he’s gotten from Day One from Auburn people in a position to help him. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I think a big reason for that is the lack of support he’s gotten from Day One from Auburn people in a position to help him. 

That's just an excuse. Some booster donations don't effect coaching

• Like 1