*Official San Jose St. Post-Game Discussion Thread*

Didba

1 hour ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I don’t blame Hars fully. I support giving him the time he needs. Our talent or IQ or both is fledgling at the moment. There isn’t one team left on the schedule that, based on last night, can’t beat us.

Unfortunately, I can't disagree with any of that.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Tigers77 said:

Auburn just isn’t going to get a proven coach as long as we have the background drama we have. Whether that rep is deserved or not I don’t know but that’s clearly the perception in the coaching community.

Auburn can get a good coach. It's just a matter of the PTB and the administration coming together as a whole(just as the turds did years ago when they hired the nikster, and tired of losing with middle-of-the road coaches). There are good coaches out there that KNOW how to coach and RECRUIT that will come to the Plains. Auburn is not Texas Tech, Kansas State, or Colorado, etc. It's been done and proven in the past, and it can be done NOW(just like it's being done in West Vance now). JMHO.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Our talent or IQ or both is fledgling at the moment. There isn’t one team left on the schedule that, based on last night, can’t beat us.

Finally folks are waking up.

I doubt McDoofus @McLoofus or @Didba or @NWALA Tiger or @Quietmaninthecorner  has.

To the bitter end they go.

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Yes. Just like last year when we looked like crap against Georgia St. and later looked much better against Ole Miss and Bama.

It's still a team that finished the season 0-5.

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

The team that played last night would get beat by Penn St by at least 2 touchdowns. I don’t know if we will win, but I do think they play well enough to keep it close. But not because of Harsin. I can’t stress this enough. Because of the Jordan-Hare juju.

I started to ask if it (suddenly playing better) was because of the magic of JH when we actually field quality teams.

So spot on.

PSU will be favored by 1-4 points and they will cover.

• Dislike 2

14 minutes ago, cctiger said:

Auburn can get a good coach. It's just a matter of the PTB and the administration coming together as a whole(just as the turds did years ago when they hired the nikster, and tired of losing with middle-of-the road coaches). There are good coaches out there that KNOW how to coach and RECRUIT that will come to the Plains. Auburn is not Texas Tech, Kansas State, or Colorado, etc. It's been done and proven in the past, and it can be done NOW(just like it's being done in West Vance now). JMHO.

Respectfully, when is Auburn going to make that hire? I’ve been an Auburn fan since about’85 and we’ve never hired the proven winner or program builder.  Folks keep saying we can but it’s been about 35 years now and 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

You are correct, for once

I've been correct the entire time. You "die on the hill" pumpers would support Mike Shula if he were our HC.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

TJ looked fundamentally more sound last night.  As a team, the offense looked uninspired.  The defensive line looked really good.  Tackling looked really good, too.

Overall, I was disappointed with our team’s showing.  Projecting the success of the team (W/L) going forward, based on last night, isn’t promising but I’m still optimistic. 

8 minutes ago, Viper said:

I've been correct the entire time. You "die on the hill" pumpers would support Mike Shula if he were our HC.

Wrong. But we won't get into your prediction last Feb. But yes, I will support the AU coach whoever it is until they have been sufficient time to prove if they can do the job or not

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Just saw this on Twitter after Nebraska fired Frosty. Every fan base has its crazies, it seems. 

C0715331-AE8B-4C84-B615-C28DDB3B570F.jpeg

Harsin has been here for 15 games. You’re not comparing the two situations, are you?

18 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Just saw this on Twitter after Nebraska fired Frosty. Every fan base has its crazies, it seems. 

C0715331-AE8B-4C84-B615-C28DDB3B570F.jpeg

Tbh I think that’s a troll tweet. That’s a fan from probably a rival fan base who wants Frost to stay so they can stay bad 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Viper said:

It's still a team that finished the season 0-5.

I started to ask if it (suddenly playing better) was because of the magic of JH when we actually field quality teams.

So spot on.

PSU will be favored by 1-4 points and they will cover.

They will be favored . Down vote as for your prediction.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

That's just an excuse. Some booster donations don't effect coaching

Also some insiders have said CBH alienated or turned his nose up at some money guys willing to help. Idk if that’s true. But it sounds like CBH may be partly to blame for the lack of support — if people want to blame the state of things on that.

12 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Harsin has been here for 15 games. You’re not comparing the two situations, are you?

I’m pointing out this guy who is clearly delusional and won’t give up on the idea that Scott Frost isn’t going to miraculously turn Nebraska into its 90’s form.

14 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Tbh I think that’s a troll tweet. That’s a fan from probably a rival fan base who wants Frost to stay so they can stay bad 

It absolutely is. The avatar is an Oklahoma State player.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EagleEye67 said:

Suffice to say, this level of play won't cut it against App State  

FTFY

4 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Somewhat true,  but look at what happened to Notre Dame and A&M yesterday..

I think that’s his point unless I’m misunderstanding one of you