*Official San Jose St. Post-Game Discussion Thread*

Didba

3 hours ago, Tigers77 said:

Gus supporter I assume?

He is the biggest on here. Also, the biggest troll. Be wary. 

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Finally folks are waking up.

I doubt McDoofus @McLoofus or @Didba or @NWALA Tiger or @Quietmaninthecorner  has.

To the bitter end they go.

I’ve literally posted criticism of the game last night on this thread and others but go off I guess, bud. 

4 minutes ago, Didba said:

Yikes. Frost had 5 years. This is a terrible take. 

Yikes, you don’t seem to even understand the take. 

Moving on. How many years do you want to give CBH? I’m just curious. 

Edited by AuCivilEng1

5 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Yikes, you don’t seem to even understand the take. 

Moving on. How many years do you want to give CBH? I’m just curious.

You misunderstood my post. I wasnt talking about your words, my guy. The tweet was what the yikes was about.  Not yours. 

Edited by Didba

Just now, Didba said:

You misunderstood my post. I was talking about your take, my guy. The tweet was what the yikes was about. 

Ahh ok. Apologies then birdman. 

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Ahh ok. Apologies then birdman. 

Yeah I agree with you that’s a crazy take by that fan though as pointed out it’s a troll account. 

as per your question about Harsin, I need to see how the rest of the season plays out first. As of right now. Just one more year. 

Edited by Didba

1 minute ago, Didba said:

Yeah I agree with you that’s a crazy take by that fan though as pointed out it’s a troll account. 

as per your question about Harsin, I need to see how the rest of the season plays out first. As of right now. Just one more year. 

1 more year, as in if we go 6-6 this season, he gets another year?

Just now, au302 said:

@DidbaI know it's still early, but in your opinion, what do you think our offensive identity is?

I think it’s still what Harsin has been trying to do since he got here. An NFLesque scheme based on heavy tightend sets, a solid run game, intermediate/short quick passes and play action to stretch the field. Multiple is the best word. 

execution has been severely lacking in multiple aspects. 

• Like 3

Just now, Hank2020 said:

Tank

Ideally if I could call games, we’d run the ball as much as possible to stay in short yardage situations and work in quick passes to TEs and WRs in the red zone

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

1 more year, as in if we go 6-6 this season, he gets another year?

Depends on how those 6 losses look but yes. I’d like the new AD to get some time under his belt before anything drastic is done. 

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Didba said:

Ideally if I could call games, we’d run the ball as much as possible to stay in short yardage situations and work in quick passes to TEs and WRs in the red zone

Problem is how many dropped swing passes has he had 2 games in now? I really think that’s why Alston got the call when he did yesterday 

• Like 1

TJ completing at a 65% clip, and that's with 5

4+ drops.   Sure, he has thrown 3 INTs, but 2 of those were outstanding plays by DBs.  I need to see TJ throw it 30 times one game with tank getting 25 carries.  Run packages for Robby until he can get passed the mental aspect.  

Auburn 31

Penn State 24

• Like 5
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, Didba said:

I think it’s still what Harsin has been trying to do since he got here. An NFLesque scheme based on heavy tightend sets, a solid run game, intermediate/short quick passes and play action to stretch the field. Multiple is the best word. 

execution has been severely lacking in multiple aspects. 

Agreed, but more so, what do you think our talent is best suited for? To me it seems like we basically gotta go under center and be a run-first play-action team. Outside zone runs to create cut-back lanes. I think if we had a better OL and QB situation we could run what Harsin wants, but we don't. I am curious to see how/if they adapt in the meantime

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Auburn93 said:

No one is giddy about Harsin and the team losing.  We are just pointing out the failures which are numerous in hopes that a change will occur so we can FEEL CONFIDENT in our team.  When Auburn has a good team, some fans believe Auburn can win an SEC championship or come close to it.  We have zero people thinking Auburn can win a championship now.  

Odd, I thought AU was 2-0 so far......

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cctiger said:

Auburn can get a good coach. It's just a matter of the PTB and the administration coming together as a whole(just as the turds did years ago when they hired the nikster, and tired of losing with middle-of-the road coaches). There are good coaches out there that KNOW how to coach and RECRUIT that will come to the Plains. Auburn is not Texas Tech, Kansas State, or Colorado, etc. It's been done and proven in the past, and it can be done NOW(just like it's being done in West Vance now). JMHO.

We may very well have a good coach, if they’d support him.  Nobody is going to want this job with all of the JABA meddling.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

41 minutes ago, au302 said:

@DidbaI know it's still early, but in your opinion, what do you think our offensive identity is?

Okay size but below average in speed and quickness. The same for defense too. You need size, quickness and speed in big boy football. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, au302 said:

Agreed, but more so, what do you think our talent is best suited for? To me it seems like we basically gotta go under center and be a run-first play-action team. Outside zone runs to create cut-back lanes. I think if we had a better OL and QB situation we could run what Harsin wants, but we don't. I am curious to see how/if they adapt in the meantime

Ah I see now what you were asking.  In all honesty we are probably best suited to run some kind of blend between Harsin and Gus's systems since the majority of the players were recruited for Gus's spread.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Problem is how many dropped swing passes has he had 2 games in now? I really think that’s why Alston got the call when he did yesterday 

Small sample but I really like what Alston brings to the table speed wise he appears quicker than Tank and Jarquez

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Didba said:

Small sample but I really like what Alston brings to the table speed wise he appears quicker than Tank and Jarquez

Yea not saying he’s better than them two. I think it was more of if you 2 can’t catch the ball I’ll give this guy a chance

• Like 1