The Harsin Question

Malcolm_FleX48

15 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

3 years min to determine his outcome on whether he is SEC quality. Heck, Scott Frost got 4+ for that poop show he ran in Nebraska. Remind me again about Coach Pat Dye first year and how long it took to beat UAT? Wonder if some would be asking to fire him as they are CBH

I don't think that's doable in this day and age.  Way too easy to fall out of relevancy and I'm not sure you can get back there once it happens.  

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Like I said, anyone claiming Bo and Kobe as "big" losses is dumb. Anyone claiming we lost more talent than we brought in is even more so.

If it helped locker room morale and helped get the team to buy into Harsin's plan, then it was a good move.  But I think Bo was a big loss because I think Bo guarantees Harsin the 8 wins he needs to keep his job.  And it's really only a big loss because Coach didn't bring anyone in, that at this time, is better.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

If it helped locker room morale and helped get the team to buy into Harsin's plan, then it was a good move.  But I think Bo was a big loss because I think Bo guarantees Harsin the 8 wins he needs to keep his job.  And it's really only a big loss because Coach didn't bring anyone in, that at this time, is better.

If true that ZC re-injured himself, that may have been the over-riding factor for this team, at least this year. We need TJ to have a good game to build confidence, not only in him but also in Harsin.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Just out of curiosity, not trying to give anyone a hard time but why is it up for debate? This is his third recruiting class and he’s not even close. Plus, he has lost more talent to the portal, than he has brought in.

For that matter, even if he had all four and five star talent, what decisions has he made that convinces anyone he is going to be a 10 game winner?  For the sake of Auburn, I hope I am wrong but I’m just not seeing a lot of coaching positives from the guy. 

Who knows if Harsin is going to be a 10 game winner. Look at Dabo's first 3 seasons and their recruiting classes. Dabo was 19-15 after three seasons including his interim season. Their 2009 recruiting class was 36th and their 2010 class was 27th. Did anybody see Dabo rolling off 11 consecutive double digit win seasons and two MNCs?

We are two games into season 2. I don't know where we end up with Harsin but it is way too early to judge that now.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Loser: Auburn Tigers

Bo Nix had a topsy-turvy career with Auburn, but the dude made plays and was a legacy whose dad, Patrick, is deeply involved with the program, so when he left for Oregon, it signified deeper-rooted issues.

Leading receiver Kobe Hudson resurfaced at UCF after getting booted from the team, and projected starting offensive guard Tashawn Manning decided to leave for Kentucky.

Defenders bolted the Plains, too. Edge rusher Romello Height is going to be a big part of the defensive rebuild for Lincoln Riley's USC Trojans, and safety Ladarius Tennison departed for conference foe Ole Miss.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/10046281-br-cfb-recruiting-winners-and-losers-of-the-transfer-portal-part-2.amp.html

You do know that Hudson went to UCF, got buried on the depth chart, didn't get any catches, and is currently away from the team for "personal reasons", right? Gus basically saying that the most talented dude he recruited here is not good enough to start at a G5 program.

Nix I agree, but nobody should lose sleep over losing him. It's nothing against him, but there's zero guarantee Nix changes things here. This is a guy that you didn't know if you'd get a good SEC QB or D2 level QB week to week. 

The rest are all poor to solid (Shivers/Manning) players. But none of them were sleep-loss worthy. If Wooden or Javarius Johnson had left, I'd be right there with ya. Those two are extremely good players.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, au302 said:

You do know that Hudson went to UCF, got buried on the depth chart, didn't get any catches, and is currently away from the team for "personal reasons", right?

Was he really buried on the depth chart? His personal reasons/problems may have started well before this season's depth chart was released. I think the reason he hasn't had any catches is because he hasn't dressed out for a game. That would kind of prevent catching passes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

Did you see the Oregon game? 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

If true that ZC re-injured himself, that may have been the over-riding factor for this team, at least this year. We need TJ to have a good game to build confidence, not only in him but also in Harsin.

I’m all but certain he reinjured himself in a freak accident. Josh Pate alluded to it. 

i hope he goes 12-0, 10-2 or 9-3 i always want to win like a lot of us do  but i can promise you if he goes into the uga game with a record of 3-2 and Auburn looks bad and gets curve stomped he will not make it back to Auburn.

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

Like I said, anyone claiming Bo and Kobe as "big" losses is dumb. Anyone claiming we lost more talent than we brought in is even more so.

How about the huge losses of Lee Hunter and Romello Height, how are they looking? 😂 Yeah, I'd take Michael Harris, Eku leota, Jayson Jones, and Morris Joseph over those.  

DJ James, Kaufman, McDonald?

Who exactly, that transferred, was going to start was over these guys?  

Like I said, it's verifiably dumb.  Just post their season stats.

And you doing the support for Green thing is beyond sad. You're 100% right though, I gave 100% support to Green, until I realized he was not going to work out and backed off my support.  The exact same thing I did for Gus.  The difference is I gave each enough time to prove their trajectories and you and yours have absolutely refused any support since CBH's name was announced. In fact, a majority of the time, y'all go out of your way to try and make the man look bad. It's as transparent  and pathetic as it sounds 

You see, unlike yourself, it's not personal. I support Auburn.  I don't change my support or allegiances based on the individuals at the school.  You and your friends should try it. 

I applaud you for your constant resilience in even trying to engage with those two. Better man than me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

How about the huge losses of Lee Hunter and Romello Height, how are they looking? 😂 Yeah, I'd take Michael Harris, Eku leota, Jayson Jones, and Morris Joseph over those.  

And you doing the support for Green thing is beyond sad. You're 100% right though, I gave 100% support to Green, until I realized he was not going to work out and backed off my support.  The exact same thing I did for Gus.  The difference is I gave each enough time to prove their trajectories and you and yours have absolutely refused any support since CBH's name was announced. In fact, a majority of the time, y'all go out of your way to try and make the man look bad. It's as transparent  and pathetic as it sounds 

You see, unlike yourself, it's not personal. I support Auburn.  I don't change my support or allegiances based on the individuals at the school.  You and your friends should try it. 

hands-clapping-applause-bravo-comics-ill

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, AUDevil said:

We only play uga once per year.

Good point. 

28 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

Last week? Yea he went 28-33 with 5 tds

Against UGA is what I am referring to. And I think you know that. 

Bo vs UGA

21 37 173 56.8 0 2

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, nurbis said:

Who knows if Harsin is going to be a 10 game winner. Look at Dabo's first 3 seasons and their recruiting classes. Dabo was 19-15 after three seasons including his interim season. Their 2009 recruiting class was 36th and their 2010 class was 27th. Did anybody see Dabo rolling off 11 consecutive double digit win seasons and two MNCs?

We are two games into season 2. I don't know where we end up with Harsin but it is way too early to judge that now.  

Yea I like the way you think, I'm gonna be watching you.   (what movie?)  

• Like 1

On 9/12/2022 at 1:15 PM, AUx said:

Can't we just sacrifice a position coach and move on? 🤨

Seriously, it's excruciating, but technically we're still operating from a small sample. It is not looking promising and I don't see the sense of urgency or obvious improvements - other than team unity. If at this point it was Gus saying, "but the future is bright *chew* *chew* *pop*" about the current program, I would be saying he's a POS without a clue and I'm not gonna be suckered again. Wanting to say C and be patient, but feeling like B.

One bright spot in the last 20 months is we haven't heard "the future is bright", "we'll get this thing turned around", "we had a good practice week, we'll get things fixed"............. oh and "we had a solid year" after turning another 4 loss season. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I agree we have no business losing to South Carolina, but they did win more than 2 games, as Mikey has told us over and over

USC's win over Auburn absolutely made their season, got them bowl eligible, they won their bowl game and turned in a winning season for 1st yr coach Shane Beamer.  😒

6 hours ago, au302 said:

You do know that Hudson went to UCF, got buried on the depth chart, didn't get any catches, and is currently away from the team for "personal reasons", right? Gus basically saying that the most talented dude he recruited here is not good enough to start at a G5 program.

Nix I agree, but nobody should lose sleep over losing him. It's nothing against him, but there's zero guarantee Nix changes things here. This is a guy that you didn't know if you'd get a good SEC QB or D2 level QB week to week. 

The rest are all poor to solid (Shivers/Manning) players. But none of them were sleep-loss worthy. If Wooden or Javarius Johnson had left, I'd be right there with ya. Those two are extremely good players.

Tough to make a catch when because of injuries and personal reasons you’re not even dressing for the games.

9 hours ago, bigbird said:

Notice how national sport publications and our own Auburn sports publications agree with me on our portal losses versus gains. There is about a dozen more links that I could post basically saying the Harsin losses versus gains in the portal have been disastrous.  Besides our recruiting classes being ranked near the bottom of the SEC, just like our current class.

Keep in mind this is all besides the disaster of losing five games in a row, his assistant coaching management nightmares… I could go on with the rest, but everyone already knows.

Oh you supported Greene till you found out he wasn’t showing up for work? It was end of year two, beginning of year three that he stopped showing up for work, but you just stop supporting him when he was canned by the new president? I guess you had a absence of mind for about three years?

Since you insist on bringing Gus into everything, the basic fact is: if you’re going to spend $30 million to fire a coach, bring in a better coach. Which we obviously haven’t done. Again, you know this, you just won’t admit it.  By the way, most of our current coaching and recruiting situation train wreck is on Greene whom you… backed-off of support for recently. 😂

I’ll support Auburn till the day I die, my only problem is: I think it’s such a great school, I know we can do better than President Leath, A.D. Green, or Coach Harsin. And what do you know but two of the three have been canned, one more to go.

You’re the same guy that thinks Stoops from Kentucky is not a good coach, you wouldn’t want him at Auburn. Then all of a sudden he upsets Florida and has Kentucky ranked in the top ten.

Your also the guy that claimed Calzada was so much the better quarterback than South Carolina’s Rattler from the portal (Oklahoma). Why don’t you look at Rattler’s numbers the first two weeks of the season and compare them to Calzada’s first two weeks. Truth is he was the umpteenth player out of the portal that Harsin swung on and missed!

Again, everything that I’ve written you know full well, you just refuse to admit it. Oh I forgot, you have to admit (because you put it in writing) you backed off support for Greene about three weeks ago. 😂

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

8 hours ago, AUFlyer99 said:

I don't think that's doable in this day and age.  Way too easy to fall out of relevancy and I'm not sure you can get back there once it happens.  

It's easier than it's ever been. 

+Unlimited, no-holds-barred transfer portal, no player sits a year because they transfer and EVEN inner conference transfers are allowed. 

+ Unregulated, unmonitored NIL where players make bank. 

+ An impotent NCAA that's become totally irrelevant, toothless. 

+ 25 scholly/yr limit was waived this year.

It's easier than it was just 10 yrs ago for a coaching staff to build for the short-term and long-term.  

Of course the coaching staff has to be willing to out work the best coaches & recruiters in the nation, who happen to reside in the SEC. 

A HC can't sit back and not get out of the office & visit the region's top high school programs who pump out loads talent every year.  

• Love 1

On 9/12/2022 at 12:14 PM, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

I also have to add that you need to be able to gauge whether he can ever recruit well enough to get that team or close to it.

If you can’t gauge it by now…

One thing is for certain…Kirby Smart had a below average team his first season at Georgia. But you could easily gauge the recruiting was there his first two recruiting cycles (#6 in 2016 and #3 in 2017) regardless of success on the field.

Compare that to Harsin’s first two classes: #19 in 2021 and #21 in 2022. Not only is that below Auburn standards, he managed to go backwards.