Surprise Uniforms?

Zeek

They kinda sorta already did this last year and gave us orange face masks instead of orange helmets. The stop gap measure imo would be orange helmets. I can’t see them doing this again only for face masks, which already have been leaked to be used

13 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

They kinda sorta already did this last year and gave us orange face masks instead of orange helmets. The stop gap measure imo would be orange helmets. I can’t see them doing this again only for face masks, which already have been leaked to be used

Yeah it's all but confirmed it's more than the facemasks. My theory is they'll use that orange logo and that'll be the difference.

• Haha 1

Almost don’t want a gimmick at this point. Just play the ____ game lights out and win. If there’s a gimmick and we win, there will be unnecessary drama that any big game must be accompanied by a fashion change.  Those things haven’t translated to wins and feel desperate. Small change: okay. Metallic orange jersey and LED illuminated white helmet: we’ve jumped the shark. Wait, I’d like to see what that would look like 🙃

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 2

Like @cbo said on another thread: (to paraphrase) would not want it to be associated with trying to generate some momentum when we’re even odds or worse and trying to find an identity. In the rotation when we’re no longer Jekyll and Hyde week-to-week, and if it looks storm trooper Avengers seriously cool - I’m fine with it. Does a uni variant have anything to do with uni sales for NIL? Could be good or could backfire. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2

I would like these. And for those who must have blue jerseys, it's just with an orange twist. 

Screenshot_20220912-220343~2.png

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Dislike 1

23 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Y'all are so boring. It would just be cool. Not that deep. We've worn them before so it's not unprecedented and could just be a throwback.

That’s been a minute. Barfield. It was pretty cool, but don’t you suspect those jerseys have dry-rotted by now? 😎

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tomcat said:

If Auburn were a top 5 powerhouse, I doubt this would be a topic of discussion….

We could be the 85 bears and we’d discuss a very stick in the mud program, uniform wise, potentially trying something very fun and different

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AUGnome said:

Because it's gimmicky.

It’s pretty routine these days for teams to change up their uniforms. Seems gimicky to the traditionalists (us old folks), but probably not to the younger crowd.

• Like 1

I said this on a paid site:

Notre Dame, Ohio State, Georgia, LSU, and many other tradition rich schools have had an alternate jersey before.  It won't be gimmicky or anything of the sort if we do it.  Not like we're reinventing the wheel here.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Orange shadow numbers??? 

To each his own but those jerseys looked like a Walmart jersey. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I said this on a paid site:

Notre Dame, Ohio State, Georgia, LSU, and many other tradition rich schools have had an alternate jersey before.  It won't be gimmicky or anything of the sort if we do it.  Not like we're reinventing the wheel here.

Every other athletic team on Auburn’s campus has orange and blue uniforms but for some reasons Auburn football is just blue and white

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sizzle said:

Every other athletic team on Auburn’s campus has orange and blue uniforms but for some reasons Auburn football is just blue and white

Matches the blue sports coats in the stands!!

• Like 1