Surprise Uniforms?

Zeek

17 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Every other athletic team on Auburn’s campus has orange and blue uniforms but for some reasons Auburn football is just blue and white

I am openly not a fan of orange.  But if the players want it for a game, who the hell am I to complain?  I've never put my body on the line for AU.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I am openly not a fan of orange.  But if the players want it for a game, who the hell am I to complain?  I've never put my body on the line for AU.

If the players think its cool and it gets more potential recruits' eyeballs on the program, why not?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I am not opposed to the occasional alternative uniform but I’m not sure how I feel about orange jerseys. I don’t want to look like Virginia or Syracuse or anybody else. I still want to look like Auburn. I would lean more towards an all blue look or something if we went with an alternate uniform.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, gr82be said:

To each his own but those jerseys looked like a Walmart jersey. 

Back when they were all fish-netty I'd say you have a point. I bet they could come up with a much cleaner version these days though 

• Like 3

If we lose in orange jerseys people will blame the threads but if we dominate a team while wearing orange would people be more open to having the alternates in the rotation? 

We need to generate excitement and this us a small way to get recruits to notice us (and boy do we need help there) Did you guys see the off season video where the current players chose which helmet style they liked the best? The white and orange face masks got overwhelmingly more votes than the standard navy face masks. 

The kids like it. They're the ones harming their bodies for our entertainment. Let em have a say in what they wear from time to time at the very least 

Edited by Tiger
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

We could be the 85 bears and we’d discuss a very stick in the mud program, uniform wise, potentially trying something very fun and different

Thank you DTR. I have lost the will to fight these types of responses.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

Like this?

163074_1685878582095_1091564246_1833836_3675786_n.jpg

I actually like that look. Occasionally. Can’t think of another team off the top of my head that has a similar look either.

Edited by PotPot
To add: Lots of teams want to do some black uniform version even when black isn’t one of their colors. This gives that same effect while still using our traditional colors.
  • Dislike 1

It’s hilarious that some think it’s a gimmick.   If they get the right color orange it would look Awesome.  Times have changed… players are getting paid.     It’s time to change it up and get with the changing times.   If players want to wear orange, let’em wear orange.  

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

Lot of smoke with the Orange Jersey talk.  That stadium will already be turned way up but orange unis would light that place on fire till TJ's first INT.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Win4AU said:

Lot of smoke with the Orange Jersey talk.  That stadium will already be turned way up but orange unis would light that place on fire till TJ's first INT.

I was at the 2007 Blackout Game. One of the rowdiest and greatest environments I've ever been a part of. It was incredible. However, blackouts and black jerseys are better than an orange out and orange jersey imo.

Orange just doesn't convey the same bad assery (made that up) that black jerseys do. 

3 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

So 2 minutes?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

If we go orange uniforms, let's also use orange footballs. We need all the help we can get. ;)

I think the current state of affairs would dictate blue balls

Edited by AUx
  • Haha 3

Just saw on the r/wde subreddit that Derick Hall changed his Instagram profile picture to an orange jersey... 🤔

skskudon0nn91.jpg

1 hour ago, PotPot said:

I am not opposed to the occasional alternative uniform but I’m not sure how I feel about orange jerseys. I don’t want to look like Virginia or Syracuse or anybody else. I still want to look like Auburn. I would lean more towards an all blue look or something if we went with an alternate uniform.

But then the all blue would look like Virginia. The real problem is there’s too many teams with blue or orange. It’s hard to stand out

1 hour ago, johnnyAU said:

If we go orange uniforms, let's also use orange footballs. We need all the help we can get. ;)

my brother and I actually had an Orange football (regulation size, not a "toy") when we were kiddos.  i still remember going outside after Bo over the top and throwing it as high as I could, yelling and screaming