Surprise Uniforms?

Zeek

11 minutes ago, CT Tiger said:

Just saw on the r/wde subreddit that Derick Hall changed his Instagram profile picture to an orange jersey... 🤔

skskudon0nn91.jpg

Better not be trolling us! Give us the orange 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, woodford said:

🤮 Looks like Virgina

Well we got our colors from there so.......

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Better not be trolling us! Give us the orange 

Actually not a bad looking jersey. 

• Like 1

Orange helmets, blue jerseys and orange pants with blue cleats. 

58 minutes ago, CT Tiger said:

Just saw on the r/wde subreddit that Derick Hall changed his Instagram profile picture to an orange jersey... 🤔

skskudon0nn91.jpg

I’d buy that today if was available 

I don't really know how to post a link, but this is all you ever wanted to know about the orange jerseys.  I remember Barfield breaking them out in back to back weeks.   He was desperate.

https://auburnuniforms.com/2019/10/07/orange-jerseys-history/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, AUGnome said:

Because it's gimmicky.

To each his own, but prefer our traditional home uniforms. Best in CFB in my opinion.

Edited by grandpajay
Spelling
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, sevenlee36 said:

I like the jersey, helmet not so much

Definitely. 

2 hours ago, Sizzle said:

But then the all blue would look like Virginia. The real problem is there’s too many teams with blue or orange. It’s hard to stand out

You are correct. I couldn’t recall seeing UVA in all blue so I had to go check it out. Almost identical. So now I am officially back on the no alternative uniform train. j/k

• Haha 1

Wish they'd just do orange jerseys and get it over with.  I want to see the old folks squirm.  

1 hour ago, PotPot said:

You are correct. I couldn’t recall seeing UVA in all blue so I had to go check it out. Almost identical. So now I am officially back on the no alternative uniform train. j/k

thumbs-down-lame.gif

9 hours ago, Zeek said:

Y'all are so boring. It would just be cool. Not that deep. We've worn them before so it's not unprecedented and could just be a throwback.

You don't want boring ? This is the uni I supported wearing for 1 game in 2013 to recognize the 100th anniversary season of the 1913 National Championship team. That was a big deal but I'm not sure Jay Jacobs and Co. even mentioned that team during any of the 2013 games.They even had a leather applique to put on the modern  helmets. 

ncaaat1913opt1.jpg   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There are lots of options for new sponsor. For instance, if we drop under armor we could pick up Levis, Kenneth Cole, and Sketchers - especially if we want to feature that 1913 look. Auburn can blaze a new trail!

Maybe Harsin is after the market that includes: Pinaud, Vitalis, Gillette, Blue Emu, Ace Hardware, Haggar Sansabelt, Ben Gay, Fruit of the Loom, and RFD TV. Just working hard and trying to outpace death. We could be the ONLY D1 team tapping that market for a windfall!!!!

Edited by AUx
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

Like this?

163074_1685878582095_1091564246_1833836_3675786_n.jpg

Knee pads in pants? That's so 2 years ago. 😁 

I actually like this, specifically the striped sleeve under the jersey that has the stripe all the way around vs the goofy half stripe we see on the jerseys now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kennypowers said:

Wish they'd just do orange jerseys and get it over with.  I want to see the old folks squirm.  

I doubt many on here are my age or older and I'm perfectly fine with orange. I saw them before and loved them then. I don't think it's an age thing. It's this notion that Auburn must subscribe to something unique to Auburn but yet without change you cannot move forward. Even if it's a simple jersey color, we're not suggesting changing the name of the school. I say let's do it. 

• Like 4

What's the difference between winning or losing in orange, or blue jerseys? Now, I was not a fan of Barfield, but I did like those orange jerseys back then. And by the way, I'M old, Jimmy Sidle and Tucker Fredrickson old if that gives you young'uns any idea...LOL!

• Like 3

I honestly wouldn't mind orange jerseys or blue pants, etc., as long as they follow the uniform design and the official color guidelines to a "T".

I think that is different than funky alternate uniforms.

On thing I like about Auburn is we kept the Northwestern strips when so many universities abandoned them. UGA and Florida both had them back in the 80s and eventually got rid of them.

• Like 1