Surprise Uniforms?

Zeek

1 hour ago, cctiger said:

What's the difference between winning or losing in orange, or blue jerseys? Now, I was not a fan of Barfield, but I did like those orange jerseys back then. And by the way, I'M old, Jimmy Sidle and Tucker Fredrickson old if that gives you young'uns any idea...LOL!

Everybody knows Losing with tradition is better than losing while breaking tradition 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Everybody knows Losing with tradition is better than losing while breaking tradition 

Then there’s just losing.

32E3B9A3-81E0-4669-94FF-C7FE019C929A.jpeg

CE953332-1A2E-4386-83CD-9B2F3478A5EF.jpeg

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Football Twitter account confirms orange facemasks. Womp womp

Screenshot_20220914-083842.png

Man that’s a sweet looking shell. That block font on the bumper reminds me of the Inside the Auburn Tigers logo, but I like it a lot. 

15 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Man that’s a sweet looking shell. That block font on the bumper reminds me of the Inside the Auburn Tigers logo, but I like it a lot. 

I love it. I think they will share a uniform item each day with the jersey being GameDay reveal like Georgia did during blackout vs Bama, 08 I think it was. Came out in red for warm up, went back in and came out in black for tunnel.

I hope our game goes better. That was when I knew Saban would be a problem.

Edited by WDE_OxPx_2010
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

I love it. I think they will share a uniform item each day with the jersey being GameDay reveal like Georgia did during blackout vs Bama, 08 I think it was. Came out in red for warm up, went back in and came out in black for tunnel.

I hope our game goes better. That was when I knew Saban would be a problem.

I was thinking about that this morning and the whole come out in blue and come back out in orange is a logistical nightmare for the equipment team. Those jerseys are so fitted now that it’s not just a quick on and off deal. I would love to be a fly on the wall when the team walks in, starts freaking out, and then they’re in a panic rush trying to switch their jerseys before the game starts.

1 hour ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

I doubt they’ve done all this build up just for the face masks, especially with them doing the same amount of build up last season, and saving the orange masks then until the very last second 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I was thinking about that this morning and the whole come out in blue and come back out in orange is a logistical nightmare for the equipment team. Those jerseys are so fitted now that it’s not just a quick on and off deal. I would love to be a fly on the wall when the team walks in, starts freaking out, and then they’re in a panic rush trying to switch their jerseys before the game starts.

Those lineman are gonna miss kickoff 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

That's what they did in 1978. Warmed up in blue and then ran out of the tunnel in orange to start the game.

2 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

That's what they did in 1978. Warmed up in blue and then ran out of the tunnel in orange to start the game.

Yea but those jerseys were baggy as hell back then. The jerseys now are like painted on. So everyone is going to have to take their pads off and peel the jerseys off and then pop the new ones back on. Not saying it’s an impossible task, but organizing 50+ kids to do that in a timely fashion just seems like a stressful task.

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

those jerseys were baggy as hell back then.

Air flow 🌫️. Like the old fishnet jerseys😄

The Montgomery Advertiser

Why Auburn football will — and won't — wear orange jerseys vs. Penn State

Bennett Durando, Montgomery Advertiser

Wed, September 14, 2022 at 1:34 PM·4 min read

In this article:

Bryan Harsin

American football player and coach

AUBURN — The biggest storyline of Penn State week for Auburn football is definitely exactly what you thought it would be before the season.

Will the Tigers wear orange jerseys?

It all started Monday when a reporter asked team captains if they would like to see Auburn break out the retro orange, which Auburn hasn't regularly worn since the 1970s. Auburn (2-0) is holding an "orange out" game Saturday (2:30 p.m. CT, CBS), asking fans to wear orange when No. 23 Penn State (2-0) visits Jordan-Hare Stadium for a premier nonconference matchup.

“That would be nice,” senior linebacker Owen Pappoe said when asked if he wants to break out the unique look for the orange out. “But Auburn’s really traditional, so I don’t think that’s going to happen. It would be sweet if that happens."

So, what is it, yes or no? Auburn generally unveils its uniform Friday.

Why Auburn football won't wear orange jerseys vs. Penn State

Let's start by tempering fans' expectations rather than getting hopes up. Edge rusher Derick Hall echoed Pappoe's sentiment, referring to Auburn as "very traditional." He and Pappoe have been around long enough to have a rational view. Their answers certainly don't inspire optimism that the Tigers will get experimental.

Hall also broke news that Auburn will wear orange helmet facemasks for the Penn State game, an alternative to the usual navy. The Tigers only donned those twice last season (Ole Miss and Alabama).

Given Auburn's reputation, it seems very possible that the program's idea of an outside-the-box uniform statement is limited to facemasks. Jerseys would be next level.

Additionally, as plenty of Auburn fans have pointed out on social media, orange jerseys are a relic of the Doug Barfield era, introduced in 1978. Barfield is considered one of the worst coaches in school history. Therefore, the orange look is historically associated with losing. If Auburn loses to Penn State in orange jerseys with coach Bryan Harsin on a potential hot seat, the tweets would write themselves.

FILM STUDYAuburn football: This area of Tigers' pass coverage is concerning omen before Penn State game

AUBURN PLAYERSFor safey Donovan Kaufman, 9 years of football without dad in the stands ended in Auburn season opener

Why Auburn football will (or at least should) wear orange

First: The players would love it.

Hall said orange jerseys are "definitely something I would like to see." He referenced the white facemasks Auburn wore at Penn State's whiteout last season: "It was huge for us to be able to have something a little different. Switch up a little swag a little bit."

Second: Pappoe revealed that he has been told Auburn is planning a uniform-related surprise at some point this fall. “I don’t know which game it’s going to be for, but they said there will be some kind of surprise," he said. Could it be an extra dose of orange for a less traditional nonconference game?

Third: Auburn has started teasing orange-related content on its social media pages since the players' comments. The football team's official Twitter account changed its profile picture to an orange-filled "AU" logo with an orange background.

Then the Auburn equipment account tweeted a photo of orange polos, riffing on a popular meme.

Needless to say, the school is leaning into the narrative.

Fourth: Harsin digs the idea.

Because this became such a hot topic among fans, Harsin was asked on the SEC coaches conference call Wednesday if he would be in favor of orange jerseys.

"I've seen the orange jerseys from the past. That's something that Auburn's done, so it's not too farfetched," Harsin said. "I also think too that it's something people would be excited about, especially your younger crowd. ... But you're asking a guy that came from a (Boise State) program that we had probably 25 different combinations of uniforms.

"I like the tradition. I really do. I really respect that, and when I was at Texas, that was something that we had. ... I think (the idea is) cool. They're good-looking jerseys. I love our colors. I think we have the best colors in the country. I really do. I love them. And if it was something we were able to do, it wouldn't be something I'd be against."

This article originally appeared on Montgomery Advertiser: Is Auburn football wearing orange jerseys vs. Penn State?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/13/2022 at 2:50 AM, IronMan70 said:

I prefer the storm troopers look, it's the best looking uni in the country imo. But hey, I don't care if they wear purple, as long as they win. 

I agree with this statement! 🤣

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Additionally, as plenty of Auburn fans have pointed out on social media, orange jerseys are a relic of the Doug Barfield era, introduced in 1978. Barfield is considered one of the worst coaches in school history. Therefore, the orange look is historically associated with losing

Lol, Barfield had a better winning percentage in orange than out of it. Limited appearances but better nonetheless. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

This doesn’t necessarily mean no jerseys. What if it is orange jerseys and an orange facemask. This post could just be smoke to try to make people think it isn’t happening.

• Like 2