Surprise Uniforms?

Zeek

1 hour ago, Auburn02 said:

Emotion plays a much larger part than most people think. For example the same argument could be applied to the entire concept of momentum in a game but I think most would agree that is a thing that exists based on emotion/mood. "If the defense gets a turnover and it sparks the offense, maybe you should have gone to a G5 school."

We talk about our great uniform tradition and poo poo orange jerseys as a gimmick, but maybe we make things like uniform tradition a crutch or gimmick in the other direction - Did any of us feel better about losing to UCF in the Peach Bowl because we looked great in those blue jerseys? Would we have felt worse or more embarrassed if we’d lost in orange jerseys? My point is that worrying or obsessing about what color Jersey we’re wearing cuts both ways.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AuburnWarVet said:

Well I think we can rule out orange jerseys

Screenshot 2022-09-15 131921.jpg

Not at all, that picture was taken extremely carefully. You can’t tell if the first and last blue is part of the stripe or the jersey 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Not at all, that picture was taken extremely carefully. You can’t tell if the first and last blue is part of the stripe or the jersey 

Keeping hope alive at all costs huh? I respect that!

• Haha 2

Rip off the band-aid and just do it once for the love of God...Don't do it in the Iron Bowl, but about any other one is fair game to try it out to me. It's not like it has to stay.

55 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

I am believing blue at this point but I'll throw you a curve with this one. I'd make one change though...I'd have the shoulders orange too and just the sleeves the traditional blue. Definitely the strangest one I've seen. 

Screenshot_20220915-141411~3.png

Edited by gr82be

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

I am believing blue at this point but I'll throw you a curve with this one. I'd make one change though...I'd have the shoulders orange too and just the sleeves the traditional blue. 

Screenshot_20220915-141411~3.png

image.gif.5db32b24b912fa8b5499151436882fa0.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

We're taking advantage of the PSU game to honor the club hockey program - and wearing hockey jerseys. Got it.

3 hours ago, AuburnWarVet said:

Well I think we can rule out orange jerseys

Screenshot 2022-09-15 131921.jpg

istockphoto-1079626852-612x612.jpg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Ngl I don’t see how we can without the orange jerseys lol 

Said it yesterday but we have this same discussion every year it seems. There’s always that “rumor” especially the last 3-5 years. This year the “rumor” or “suspicion” is at a completely different level. I still want to know who makes the final decision on this. You get that answer I think you get THE answer. 

Just now, JMassie11 said:

Said it yesterday but we have this same discussion every year it seems. There’s always that “rumor” especially the last 3-5 years. This year the “rumor” or “suspicion” is at a completely different level. I still want to know who makes the final decision on this. You get that answer I think you get THE answer. 

I think it was very organic and spurred from the players interest more than anything. This didn’t originate in the fan community, from what I’ve seen. I’m sure the players interest was spurred by the orange face masks (which they’ve seemingly known about forever). 

They might still be teasing us. There’s clearly a reason why they’re only showing bits and pieces of that jersey. They didn’t tease anything last year (face mask wise) for the most part, then just dropped the face masks on us. 

• Like 1

They are gonna come out in regular unis for warmups then when they head back to the locker room they're going to have the orange jerseys hanging up ready to go. 🤣 I'm Dreaming I know because more then likely it's just gonna be orange facemask and shoes 🙄 but dammit I can dream lmao. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

They are gonna come out in regular unis for warmups then when they head back to the locker room they're going to have the orange jerseys hanging up ready to go. 🤣 I'm Dreaming I know because more then likely it's just gonna be orange facemask and shoes 🙄 but dammit I can dream lmao. 

My thoughts exactly.  I know it was said somewhere the locker room area was going to be locked with no media access during warm-ups.  I don't remember where but it seemed like it was from a beat writer.

• Love 1

It amazes me how many people's opinion on orange jerseys are based simply on the fact that Pat Dye hated orange.

Or at least it sure seems that way...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

37 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

My thoughts exactly.  I know it was said somewhere the locker room area was going to be locked with no media access during warm-ups.  I don't remember where but it seemed like it was from a beat writer.

One can dream right 🤣

• Haha 1

On 9/13/2022 at 1:52 PM, alabastertiger said:

I remember Barfield breaking them out in back to back weeks.   He was desperate.

We're so not there yet with Harsin...are we?

L.O.L. Anything (absolutely anything) for a rush these days.

I drink Diet Sunkist and they’re nearly impossible to find lately. Coincidence? I think not. I believe people are buying them up to match the orange jerseys and we’re gonna celebrate in the locker room by spraying it all over CBH for this momentous win. Conspiracy nut? Maybe, but this isn’t the political forum.

• Haha 4

i think it's just going to be the 4 QBs suited up in non-contact orange jerseys.

• Haha 2