4 star WR Adam Hopkins Commits to Auburn Sept. 15th

Sizzle

This dude is a dude.  Good stride, good power, good hands.  I've learned, Harsin has a pretty impressive eye for talent and work ethic.  Super stoked.

• Like 2

A nice exchange program going on at WR right now. lol Nice work, Ike! 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, autigeremt said:

A nice exchange program going on at WR right now. lol Nice work, Ike! 

Calling Will Friend....

On 9/15/2022 at 8:59 PM, Didba said:

Strange the Harsin haters haven’t shown up to tell us how this isn’t actually a good recruit for Auburn 

The fact that several showed up to the thread with the decomittment but can't show their faces to show appreciation to  this kid is quite pathetic.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tinman1 said:

I won't consider Will my Friend until he brings in some quality OL recruits.  At present he's dead to me.

As the spokesman for Wills everywhere, I’ll have you know we do not condone Will Friend’s actions or inactions. 

Edited by Didba
  • Love 1

• augolf1716 unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Per Keith Hopkins no longer expected to be in the class along with DL Harkless

That’s unfortunate 

Is this because Hopkins no longer wants to be an Auburn player because of new coach or is it because Freeze thought we could do better or a combination of both?

Just now, Tigerpro2a said:

It is....but it goes with the territory. 

I agree.  I do wonder if this was a harsin thing or a freeze thing 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I agree.  I do wonder if this was a harsin thing or a freeze thing 

From what little I am finding from Keith, it appears more of a Freeze thing, but that's only my speculation. He said "mutual parting of ways". So who knows. I don't think it is that huge of a loss. He fits the same mold as at least 2 other WRS on roster right now.

Just now, Tigerpro2a said:

From what little I am finding from Keith, it appears more of a Freeze thing, but that's only my speculation. He said "mutual parting of ways". So who knows. I don't think it is that huge of a loss. He fits the same mold as at least 2 other WRS on roster right now.

I would agree. We got a lot of wiggle room here so I am going to trust in the plan 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I would agree. We got a lot of wiggle room here so I am going to trust in the plan 

J. Lee pretty much confirmed it is mutual. I think CHF likes bigger WRs. We already have Ja. Johnson and Jay Fair, similar mold and style as Hopkins. We need more Camden Browns! (who I expect to be a beast under CHF)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

J. Lee pretty much confirmed it is mutual. I think CHF likes bigger WRs. We already have Ja. Johnson and Jay Fair, similar mold and style as Hopkins. We need more Camden Browns! (who I expect to be a beast under CHF)

Hey this is the guy who had AJ Brown and DK Metcalf 

• Like 2

Ike Hillyard not being retained has to have some bearing on this too. We are in a year when it's going to be difficult to gather up enough warm bodies for a practice squad. I'll trust that there are replacements out there that the new staff wants.