Jump to content

Mikey defends Gus' OL recruiting...


bigbird
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, mcgufcm said:

In terms of SEC-quality guys (meaning guys who can play in the SEC) over the three classes that would usually make up a roster, Gus is somewhere between seven and nine…

If they are on scholarship on an SEC roster, they are by definition SEC-quality players. I obliged you by using your parameters. Now you don't like the results. Oh well.......

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites





2 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Bourbon is the answer, good sir.

I knew that you would distill it down to the real answer and solution. And, if I can be so bold…take the first three words of the thread title: band name

  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, fredst said:

Classic movie….

Notice he forgot he posted it...reposted it, forgot...reposted it, forgot...and then reposted it, again.

 

I'm just saying, we should all be watching out for him 😁

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Notice he forgot he posted it...reposted it, forgot...reposted it, forgot...and then reposted it, again.

 

 

 

I'm just saying, we should all be watching out for him 😁

In Hell Swerk GIF

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not sure why this is hard. Gus had his faults, but he was the best recruiter Auburn has had since...well, probably ever.  For some reason, offensive line was consistently his weakest position group.  If he would have recruited Oline as well as he did the rest of the positions, he might still be here.  And for some inexplicable reason, Harsin has looked at Gus's worst mistake and said "I think I'll do that too."   I still just don't understand the numbers.  If you can't get the guys that are your first choice, you still need to get somebody. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We are really hurting for OTs going forward in 2023.

We will have a scholarship two-deep on the IOL in 2023, but we will only be one-deep at the OTs, unless we move some players.

I think Stutts and Irvin are eligible for an additional year due to COVID, but they are both currently IOLs.

Stutts could play OT. Back as a prospect, 247 listed him as an OT prospect, while Rivals and ESPN listed him as an OG prospect. I think he took some snaps at OT during summer camp.

Jeremiah Wright is another OL that could play OT.

I think we really need to hit the portal and the JUCO ranks hard. But we also need to consider those players who are eligible for an extra year due to COVID, and if they are likely to contribute.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Apparently??????????? 

Well, I guess I knew that you were mad but figured that you couldn’t remember why…

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, fredst said:

Well, I guess I knew that you were mad but figured that you couldn’t remember why…

Why try to remember when I've been dealing with bird for 16 long long years

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Why try to remember when I've been dealing with bird for 16 long long years

 

769A8E5C-1E07-45C9-A617-714F4E91FA04.gif

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/15/2022 at 6:58 PM, AUinMS9528 said:

Congrats @Mikey    You got a whole thread named after you!  Much respect!

image.gif

@Mikeyyea, you are right up there with Bo, Gus, DD, (got your own thread )oh wait. They are all gone now. None of them no longer concerned with AU.

Edited by Hank2020
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

@Mikeyyea, you are right up there with Bo, Gus, DD, (got your own thread )oh wait. They are all gone now. None of them no longer concerned with AU.

Yes, but I'm still here. I was here before nearly every other member or mod and with any luck I'll be here for a long time to come. The others you named may not be concerned with Auburn any more but I was concerned with Auburn before any of them got to Auburn and I don't expect to stop being concerned with Auburn in this lifetime.

So, start yet another thread about me if you choose. I never sought celebrity status but if the mantle of greatness falls upon one, he must humbly accept it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Yes, but I'm still here. I was here before nearly every other member or mod and with any luck I'll be here for a long time to come. The others you named may not be concerned with Auburn any more but I was concerned with Auburn before any of them got to Auburn and I don't expect to stop being concerned with Auburn in this lifetime.

So, start yet another thread about me if you choose. I never sought celebrity status but if the mantle of greatness falls upon one, he must humbly accept it.

Yep, you got greatness alright. Greatest carrier of negativity. Your constant negativity sucks any positive energy for a team you supposedly support. Keep up the “good” work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Yep, you got greatness alright. Greatest carrier of negativity. Your constant negativity sucks any positive energy for a team you supposedly support. Keep up the “good” work.

Sadly, I don't have the power to add or subtract energy from the team. If I did have that power we wouldn't have ended last season on a five game losing streak.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Sadly, I don't have the power to add or subtract energy from the team. If I did have that power we wouldn't have ended last season on a five game losing streak.

Obviously you are correct only if no-one associated with the team reads this. I certainly hope you are correct on that. But clearly those of us that participate in the forum come here as a small part of the AU football experience. But clearly that doesn’t matter one iota to you. Constant negativity is an indicator.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Constant negativity is an indicator.

I'm only negative when it's earned. Check out my posts on the baseball and basketball fora. They've earned positive and they get positive from me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I'm only negative when it's earned. Check out my posts on the baseball and basketball fora. They've earned positive and they get positive from me.

So great job supporting the winners.  How original. “Fair weather fan” comes to mind. Have a great weekend Mr. Mikey. Sorry I poked the “bear”.

  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...