Then: "We are a sanctuary city!!!!" Today: "NIMBY!"

DKW 86

13 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Let’s see how they react when there are about 5K worth of illegals at the corner. These folks literally have no idea what people near the border see everyday. 

Biden's admin been transferring them to other places. The much ballyhood midnight flights to New Yawk.

DeSantis atracked him for it too lol.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Let’s see how they react when there are about 5K worth of illegals at the corner. These folks literally have no idea what people near the border see everyday. 

I bet. 

I can't even imagine the type of things you see in the dangerous US/Mexican border town of Decatur, AL  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AUDub said:

The places Biden sent them knew they were coming. 

Loading a bunch of people on a plane and dumping them on a resort during the off-season with no warning is not the same. 

KSP spells it out, I understand now.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

KSP spells it out, I understand now.

Because Biden isn't just dropping them off in resort towns to troll the libs. There are people on the other end waiting to receive them.

A lot of these are unaccompanied minors. They're ensuring their needs are met while they're processed. 

This isn't that hard. I mean, unless you have 0 ability to think critically. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Because Biden isn't just dropping them off in resort towns to troll the libs. There are people on the other end waiting to receive them.

A lot of these are unaccompanied minors. They're ensuring their needs are met while they're processed. 

This isn't that hard. I mean, unless you have 0 ability to think critically. 

Who exactly is receiving them?

24 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I bet. 

I can't even imagine the type of things you see in the dangerous US/Mexican border town of Decatur, AL  

You been to McAllen, Brownsville, Laredo, or Del Rio lately? It would astonish you to see the difference in just the last 10 years.  

It's a problem. No one said it's an easy problem. To pretend there isn't one is a failing from the government.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

No one dehumanized them. And I don't accept your mischaracterization.  

In fact, I didn't compare the two in any way and to try and force that perspective is beyond sad 

So again, get over your feigned outrage.

You made the analogy.  Yes, you dehumanized them.  Accept it or, not.

I am in no way "outraged".  I am sad that someone such as yourself cannot recognize what humanity really means.

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 2

9 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Generally NGOs to provide for their basic needs. I know of one off hand sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

I am in no way "outraged".  I am sad that someone such as yourself cannot recognize what humanity really means.

Nothing “dehumanizing” about it. Hopefully you will have a better day tomorrow ICHY.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Generally NGOs to provide for their basic needs. I know of one off hand sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy. 

Which NGOs? Every time someone asks they get stonewalled. How many went where? Who made the decisions? Why was all this so secretive?

18 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Sounds like a big mess. My guess would be that most are shipped out to never be accounted for again.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/border-surge-biden-admin-plans-send-migrants-cities-deeper-us-starting-rcna32530

Edited by SaltyTiger

3 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Nothing “dehumanizing” about it. Hopefully you will have a better day tomorrow ICHY.

Okay, comparing immigrants to an "invasive species" is not dehumanizing.  You and Bird are correct.

I am very sorry for disagreeing.

1 minute ago, DKW 86 said:

Which NGOs? Every time someone asks they get stonewalled. How many went where? Who made the decisions? Why was all this so secretive?

I have wondered why they always arrive after dark because I have been told Democracy Dies in Darkness.

• Facepalm 1

18 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I bet. 

Love it how when you have nothing to contribute you immediately fail to a dismissal. I never once said Decatur nor said I had any other information than is generally available in the news. It is common knowledge that TX, AZ, NM, and CA struggle mightily with illegals. I mean if you ever read… or is that your problem? Reading?

Edited by DKW 86
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

12 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Again, didn't even compare the two. Reread and try to comprehend the difference.  It's really not hard.

You're looking really foolish trying to make this into something.  

It's not and everyone knows it. Your fake outrage is sad, your attempt to paint me in that light is pathetic.

Just now, bigbird said:

Again, didn't even compare the two. Reread and try to comprehend the difference.  It's really not hard.

You're looking really foolish trying to make this into something.  

It's not and everyone knows it. Your fake outrage is sad, your attempt to paint me in that light is pathetic.

Sure.  Thank you.

11 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Okay, comparing immigrants to an "invasive species" is not dehumanizing.  You and Bird are correct.

I am very sorry for disagreeing.

Again. No one compared the two. 

You're either too blind in your attempt to play "I'm so offended" or you genuinely can't comprehend the difference.  If it's the first, just accept you made a mistake, apologize for trying to besmirch me, and move on. Doubling down only makes you look really dumb. If it's the second, let me know and I'd be happy to explain it in simpler terms so you can follow along.

The real insight here is that illegals in TX, FL, AZ, NM. No problem with them staying to those towns. When thy get sent to Sanctuary Cities, suddenly it’s a racist plot, you know to send them to places that supposedly wanted them.   

i have quit trying to figure all this out. If there was no problem with this. We wouldn’t be talking about it. 

Edited by DKW 86

Just now, bigbird said:

Again. No one compared the two. 

Your either too blind in your attempt to play "I'm so offended" or you genuinely can't comprehend the difference.  If it's the first, just accept you made a mistake, apologize for trying to besmirch me, and move on. Doubling down only makes you look really dumb. If it's the second, let me know and I'd be happy to explain it in simpler terms so you can follow along.

I am sure you are correct.  Again, I apologize.  I suppose a discussion of immigrants and the use of the term "invasive species" was triggering.  Sorry.

16 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

It's not.

I mention one just a moment ago ive donated to through Holy Infant run by the Sisters of Mercy up in the northeast. 

Here's an example of one sponsored by the Sisters of Divine Providence.

https://lppshelter.org/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/09/16/marthas-vineyard-migrants-desantis/

The some 50 migrants were living in a small shelter with only one bathroom and were being transported Friday to a military base on Cape Cod. Martha’s Vineyard, an island that’s in the business of welcoming people, had worked overtime to make them feel at home and safe.

We’ve seen this political gamesmanship before, during the Jim Crow era, when Southerners tried to retaliate against Northern liberals with so-called reverse freedom rides. When young civil rights workers were traveling by bus to places such as Mississippi and Alabama, Southern leaders recruited busloads full of unsuspecting Black families and sent them to Hyannis, Mass., under the ruse that President John F. Kennedy himself had arranged jobs and housing for them.

It was all a hoax, and similar to the play toward hypocrisy this week, the thought then was that if busloads of Black families with lots of kids showed up in Hyannis and other cities, the Northerners would balk, and their insincerity would be exposed for all to see. Instead, local leaders, Black and White, formed a Refugee Relief Committee and arranged housing and jobs and got the children enrolled in schools.

So, what is the real objective when governors such as Abbott and DeSantis engage in this kind of charade? I think we know.

They are playing with people’s lives to impress their base.

It’s ugly stuff. And it underestimates the generous spirit of this country.

24 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/09/16/marthas-vineyard-migrants-desantis/

The some 50 migrants were living in a small shelter with only one bathroom and were being transported Friday to a military base on Cape Cod. Martha’s Vineyard, an island that’s in the business of welcoming people, had worked overtime to make them feel at home and safe.

We’ve seen this political gamesmanship before, during the Jim Crow era, when Southerners tried to retaliate against Northern liberals with so-called reverse freedom rides. When young civil rights workers were traveling by bus to places such as Mississippi and Alabama, Southern leaders recruited busloads full of unsuspecting Black families and sent them to Hyannis, Mass., under the ruse that President John F. Kennedy himself had arranged jobs and housing for them.

It was all a hoax, and similar to the play toward hypocrisy this week, the thought then was that if busloads of Black families with lots of kids showed up in Hyannis and other cities, the Northerners would balk, and their insincerity would be exposed for all to see. Instead, local leaders, Black and White, formed a Refugee Relief Committee and arranged housing and jobs and got the children enrolled in schools.

So, what is the real objective when governors such as Abbott and DeSantis engage in this kind of charade? I think we know.

They are playing with people’s lives to impress their base.

It’s ugly stuff. And it underestimates the generous spirit of this country.

Out of reactions.  Thank you for posting.

• Like 1

Have we helped create this situation?

https://sgp.fas.org/crs/row/IF10715.pdf#:~:text=For over 15 years%2C the United States has,of President Nicolás Maduro (in power since 2013).

The use of sanctions has less than a stellar history of success.  It is typically the average, powerless citizen who bears the brunt.

Why they are leaving, how many are leaving, who is attempting to help:

https://borgenproject.org/why-are-venezuelans-fleeing/