Then: "We are a sanctuary city!!!!" Today: "NIMBY!"

DKW 86

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

3 peas in a pod

2F08272D-4D4F-4070-AE72-EC1AE1212EC9.jpeg

It's pretty obvious, Trump would like to turn our country into a "reality" TV show.  

That's like Briar Rabbit wanting to be in briar patch. (Or in football terms, "playing to your strength").   ;D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

3 peas in a pod

2F08272D-4D4F-4070-AE72-EC1AE1212EC9.jpeg

You would think taking anything away from trump would be viewed as a good thing by all.

13 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

What has any of this to do with Sanctuary Cities not doing what they told the world they were doing for years? Republicans lie? Sure do. Democrats lie? Same answer.

A. Martha's Vineyard has never been a sanctuary city. 

B. You still don't have a grasp on what a sanctuary city actually entails, even as it's been explained. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/16/2022 at 10:52 AM, icanthearyou said:

Comparing human beings to an "invasive species" is disgusting.

well bird is a bird and i bet he eat a fish or two. sorry if this was not funny.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, AUDub said:

A. Martha's Vineyard has never been a sanctuary city. 

B. You still don't have a grasp on what a sanctuary city actually entails, even as it's been explained. 

i have to ask. what kind of gas mileage do you get on your corndog?

Whether you agree with it or not, the fact remains that there are sanctuary cities and sanctuary states in the United States. This has come to light in recent years, as President Donald Trump has aggressively pushed for the removal of all illegal immigrants. As of early 2019, there are seven sanctuary states, according to the Center for Immigration Studies. Those states are: California, Colorado, Illinois, Massachusetts, New Mexico, Oregon, and Vermont.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/sanctuary-states

This is an article that was published in 2022, however, I’m sure things have changed since it was published.

From the same article:

The term “sanctuary state” is a phrase that takes on different meanings in politically-charged conversations. Members of the Republican party see sanctuary states or sanctuary cities as places where illegal immigrants are protected. On the other hand, the Democratic view of sanctuary states are areas where illegal immigrants are protected from aggressive attempts of deportation.

I guess it depends on your political view as to what a sanctuary state/city definition is.

Elizabeth Warren agrees that Massachusetts is a Sanctuary state:

Definition of Sanctuary City/County/State. https://americasvoice.org/blog/what-is-a-sanctuary-city/

There’s no single definition of what is a sanctuary city, but generally speaking, it’s a city (or a county, or a state) that limits its cooperation with federal immigration enforcement agents in order to protect low-priority immigrants from deportation, while still turning over those who have committed serious crimes. This is why we prefer the term “safe cities”.

Really, means just this side of nothing defined this way. Do they support immigrants? Well, we have all now learned that NIMBY is certainly a part of those that support Sanctuary Cities. They dont want any immigrants there, at all. They sure havent done what I think they would do at a minimum: housing, food, shelter, clothes, job, education, etc. I worked in a rescue mission. My definition of minimum must be a lot more than some of you here.

Empty Words have never fed, clothed, housed, really even helped in any small way. If you are really compassionate, you have to get your hands dirty. You have to DO something.

Empty Words are for White Folks that want to feel morally superior to others, you know: Virtue Signal. 

• Dislike 1

46 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Definition of Sanctuary City/County/State. https://americasvoice.org/blog/what-is-a-sanctuary-city/

There’s no single definition of what is a sanctuary city, but generally speaking, it’s a city (or a county, or a state) that limits its cooperation with federal immigration enforcement agents in order to protect low-priority immigrants from deportation, while still turning over those who have committed serious crimes. This is why we prefer the term “safe cities”.

Really, means just this side of nothing defined this way. Do they support immigrants? Well, we have all now learned that NIMBY is certainly a part of those that support Sanctuary Cities. They dont want any immigrants there, at all. They sure havent done what I think they would do at a minimum: housing, food, shelter, clothes, job, education, etc. I worked in a rescue mission. My definition of minimum must be a lot more than some of you here.

Empty Words have never fed, clothed, housed, really even helped in any small way. If you are really compassionate, you have to get your hands dirty. You have to DO something.

Empty Words are for White Folks that want to feel morally superior to others, you know: Virtue Signal. 

Just get it over with and admit you're an "own the libs" right winger. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Just get it over with and admit you're an "own the libs" right winger. 

I see him calling out both sides….then again there is a set group on here that can’t stand it when people say both sides are f-ed up. 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

I see him calling out both sides….then again there is a set group on here that can’t stand it when people say both sides are f-ed up. 

No.  The dispute is that there is no difference between the two parties.

40 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

No.  The dispute is that there is no difference between the two parties.

Well s**t from a horse and s**t from a bull is different but it’s still s**t. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

19 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

Sounds like you would prefer some other form of government.

You and DKW are big on whining but short on remedies. 

No matter how smart it might make your feel, iconoclasts are worthless if they are ultimately ineffective, which is to say, irrelevant.

14 hours ago, homersapien said:

No matter how smart it might make your feel, iconoclasts are worthless if they are ultimately ineffective, which is to say, irrelevant.

What ******* remedies are we getting? Dump illegals ONLY in border states while the rest of the nation doesnt give a s***?

Let the border states deal with while the rest of us go on about our lives.

You, ichy, and Dub and a few others on here are more worried about the optics of this than actually DOING anything to really help the Border States or the Illegals. But hey, it's NIMBY and THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT HERE. 

We are again back to Orwell: "Nothing exists but an endless present in which THE PARTY IS ALWAYS RIGHT, EVEN WHEN THEY ARE DEAD WRONG."

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 2
  • Dislike 2

4 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

What ******* remedies are we getting? Dump illegals ONLY in border states while the rest of the nation doesnt give a s***?

You, ichy, and Dub and a few others on here are more worried about the optics of this than actually DOING anything to really help the Border States or the Illegals. But hey, it's NIMBY and THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT HERE. 

We are again back to Orwell: "Nothing exists but an endless present in which THE PARTY IS ALWAYS RIGHT, EVEN WHEN THEY ARE DEAD WRONG."

No.  I agree with you.  Governor DeSantis is doing a wonderful job securing the Florida/Mexico border.

This is not political theater.  This is the righteous, humane efforts of Republicans.  They are trying desperately to protect us.

• Facepalm 1

19 hours ago, homersapien said:

We have remedies, problem is without power in numbers whatever I think we should do means nothing. I can only vote for who I feel is the best candidate to make positive change. I as an individual can support people I want in office and try to garner support for that person. 

Your remedy is to just support the same people that cause the problems in the first place. You are content because the s**t stinks different than the other side. I’m sorry if I’m tired of settling for the same s**t sandwich. One of these days you will realize you waste too much energy in a party that does not care about you one bit. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, wdefromtx said:

We have remedies, problem is without power in numbers whatever I think we should do means nothing. I can only vote for who I feel is the best candidate to make positive change. I as an individual can support people I want in office and try to garner support for that person. 

Your remedy is to just support the same people that cause the problems in the first place. You are content because the s**t stinks different than the other side. I’m sorry if I’m tired of settling for the same s**t sandwich. One of these days you will realize you waste too much energy in a party that does not care about you one bit. 

Interesting complete lack of logic and awareness.

Both parties are feces but,,, my feces is the best?  Compelling.

Yes, your party cares about you.  Now, explain why the "red" states have the highest crime, lowest life expectancy, rank lowest in education, highest in rate of poverty.  Explain why the "red" states take more from the federal government.

Life will be great when the entire country looks like Alabama/Mississippi.

Starve society, feed capital, wait for the trickle down.  Privatize to shrink government (actually feed your donors) while driving the cost of government higher.

Your feces argument is not very good.

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

Interesting complete lack of logic and awareness.

Both parties are feces but,,, my feces is the best?  Compelling.

Yes, your party cares about you.  Now, explain why the "red" states have the highest crime, lowest life expectancy, rank lowest in education, highest in rate of poverty.  Explain why the "red" states take more from the federal government.

Life will be great when the entire country looks like Alabama/Mississippi.

Starve society, feed capital, wait for the trickle down.  Privatize to shrink government (actually feed your donors) while driving the cost of government higher.

Your feces argument is not very good.

You and homer are the ones saying your feces is best........not me.

I have continuously said both parties need an overhaul. 

The "red" state I live in sends more money to the federal government than it gets back so I can't answer your question there because it does not apply to my state. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wdefromtx said:

You and homer are the ones saying your feces is best........not me.

I have continuously said both parties need an overhaul. 

The "red" state I live in sends more money to the federal government than it gets back so I can't answer your question there because it does not apply to my state. 

Only when the price of oil is up.  Without oil, you live in Mississippi.

And no, Homer and I do not use the feces argument.  At least you recognize your party stinks!  It's a start!

13 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Only when the price of oil is up.  Without oil, you live in Mississippi.

And no, Homer and I do not use the feces argument.  At least you recognize your party stinks!  It's a start!

Actually Texas sends more to the federal government regardless of the price of oil. In 2016 when the price of oil was roughly $30/bbl the state sent $261 million and only received $39 million. You might want to do a little research.

I don't have a party allegiance , but I hope one day you realize yours stinks. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Actually Texas sends more to the federal government regardless of the price of oil. In 2016 when the price of oil was roughly $30/bbl the state sent $261 million and only received $39 million. You might want to do a little research.

I don't have a party allegiance , but I hope one day you realize yours stinks. 

I am sorry, but the price of oil is not static, it doesn't work that way.  Oil was low at the beginning of 2016.  However, the price climbed the rest of the year.

I am a lifetime registered Republican.  I came to terms with my party stinking years ago.

4 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

That's a pretty poor excuse for supporting a would be narcissistic authoritarian.

Sounds to me that you are divorced from reality.  Your standards for a political party that you can support are wildly out of touch.  You - like DKW - are apparently incapable of real world compromise.

Here's just the most recent example:

Senate Republicans block bill to require disclosure of ‘dark money’ donors

September 22, 2022

Senate Republicans on Thursday blocked legislation that would have required super PACs and other groups to disclose donors who give $10,000 or more during an election cycle, a blow to Democrats’ efforts to reform campaign financing laws.

In a procedural vote Thursday morning, the Senate failed to advance the Disclose Act on a 49-49 vote along party lines. No Republicans voted for it. At least 60 votes would have been required for the Senate to end debate on the bill and advance it.....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/09/22/senate-republicans-campaign-finance/

You and DKW can bitch all you want about how terrible the Democratic party is, but to me, the (binary) choice is pretty damn clear.   Vote Blue!

(Or maybe you two don't consider this sort of uncontrolled money in our electoral process is a real problem?)

Edited by homersapien

4 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

I am sorry, but the price of oil is not static, it doesn't work that way.  Oil was low at the beginning of 2016.  However, the price climbed the rest of the year.

I am a lifetime registered Republican.  I came to terms with my party stinking years ago.

Price of oil was only $49/bbl at the end of 2016. Not high by any means.......

Again, do your research.

9 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

This stunt did nothing to solve the problem and was deliberately cruel to boot.  (Don't tell me you're a Christian :-\.)

Now, tell me which party has tried the hardest to get immigration legislation passed and which party has done the most to stymie such legislation?

Edited by homersapien